Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Windows 7. . .

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

There is the official link. The BETA was released today, as well. I couldn't find the link to that, though - Heard it was a pretty heavy OS and required good specs. Is that true?. . .

Funny, everyone else has been saying exactly the opposite about it, performing better than XP in day to day use, way better than Vista on machines that chugged hardcore even with Vista SP1.

Are you using Windows 7?
Yes, I am.
No special multi-display capabilities that I can see beyond the rudimentary ones in the beta-Nvidia driver/control panel that's included in the OS.
Optional87 said:
... performing better than XP in day to day use, way better than Vista on machines that chugged hardcore even with Vista SP1.
Although my PC didn't "chug" running Vista, Win7 is decidedly faster and uses @ 25-30% less RAM at idle.
I never hated Vista but never grew fond of it either...Win7 is already much better IMO...it's what Vista should have been.

Yes, I am.
No special multi-display capabilities that I can see beyond the rudimentary ones in the beta-Nvidia driver/control panel that's included in the OS.

Although my PC didn't "chug" running Vista, Win7 is decidedly faster and uses @ 25-30% less RAM at idle.
I never hated Vista but never grew fond of it either...Win7 is already much better IMO...it's what Vista should have been.

I have seen the videos on the Windows 7 Website....man do I want those download servers to free up soon :(

IMGP2324.JPG

IMGP2326.JPG

Funny, everyone else has been saying exactly the opposite about it, performing better than XP in day to day use, way better than Vista on machines that chugged hardcore even with Vista SP1.

I have 2 friends whith early beta releases both were saying it works great right off the bat, both of them said they will definitely move to Windows 7 when its officially released.

I have 2 friends whith early beta releases both were saying it works great right off the bat, both of them said they will definitely move to Windows 7 when its officially released.

+1.

I was an early beta tester. I really, really, really like it.

Wow my first post :cool: "I am a long time listener first time caller". I got the idea to use jerker desks from this forum (of which I now have 4). I got alot of ideas for my workstation from here so I think its time I give back a little. Here is my workstation.

rig1.jpg

rig2.jpg

rig9.jpg

rig4.jpg

rig5.jpg

Screen is Samsung 40" LNT-4081f LED LCD. LCR speakers are Miller & Kreisel S100B SR and SL speakers are Miller & Kreisel 55THX. 12" Velodyne subwoofer. Harmon/Kardon AVR 500 reciever. Microsoft Habu Mouse and Reclusa keyboard.

Computer is a Cooler Master stacker 310 case. Asus Rampage extreme motherboard and Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 processor. ATI 3870x2 video card. Corsair 1000w power supply. Soundblaster X-FI Titanium card. Sony bwa-100u Blu-Ray drive. and 4 gigs of Crucial ballistix tracer ram. More stuff on the way :D

Just replaced my IBM P275 with a Dell 2007WFP & my NEC LCD1760VM with a Samsung 2043NWX. Because I no longer have a 2' deep 68lb CRT to deal with, I'm going to be completely rearranging my room, but I'm doing the sensible thing & waiting until my university exams are over in 6 days time before I start, so this is the temporary setup until then.

imgp2008_s613.jpg

matrix563, i want your furniture... and your workarea.

hell, i might just kill you and take your life.

were your shelves also from ikea? i've seen similar stuff at sam's before. i'm trying to think of how i can rip off your setup without taking your life ;)

:p

the shelves came from walmart but i dunno if walmart sells them anymore ;)i have 7 of them ;)

I made some changes to my setup. You may also notice that I started to use some of those plastic wire hiders and they are working good! :) Also, does anyone have any recommendations for bins that aren't see through?

Entire Setup:
010yj0.jpg

Printer Area/Trash Area/Slipper Storage Area:D
011kl1.jpg

And....My Windows 7 ISO File :)
009qr6.jpg

And, yeah, I have noticed all of the dust collecting... I really need to clean the floors in here:(
Also, I need to see if I can find a better desk. I am getting short on space with this thing - even with the shelf I added to it last year...

...Wish they didn't discontinue the Jerker :confused:

wow i went to the beta for windows 7 and every time i click on the download button nothing happens:(

has anybody mounted their xbox 360 from the bottom of their desk? im looking for ideas . kinda looking to mount/hang it from the underside of my desk

wow i went to the beta for windows 7 and every time i click on the download button nothing happens:(

The link is broken, go to lifehacker.com. In one of their recent Windows 7 stories they have a direct link to the 32bit and 64bit ISOs.

jonjon0nline said:
What brackets/shelves did you use for those makeshift Jerker shelves?

I tried to find a link, but homedepot.com is unavailable. Basically I went into the shelving section and used the Rubbermaid components. It was one large laminated black board and two 8" L brackets (they have many styles).

Wow my first post :cool: "I am a long time listener first time caller". I got the idea to use jerker desks from this forum (of which I now have 4). I got alot of ideas for my workstation from here so I think its time I give back a little. Here is my workstation.

*snip lots of pics*

Screen is Samsung 40" LNT-4081f LED LCD. LCR speakers are Miller & Kreisel S100B SR and SL speakers are Miller & Kreisel 55THX. 12" Velodyne subwoofer. Harmon/Kardon AVR 500 reciever. Microsoft Habu Mouse and Reclusa keyboard.

Computer is a Cooler Master stacker 310 case. Asus Rampage extreme motherboard and Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 processor. ATI 3870x2 video card. Corsair 1000w power supply. Soundblaster X-FI Titanium card. Sony bwa-100u Blu-Ray drive. and 4 gigs of Crucial ballistix tracer ram. More stuff on the way :D

Welcome to hardforum man!
Great setup too!! I love your speakers! They look amazing. As well as the screen! Gloss is nice... sometimes

http://omploader.org/vbGhp
Custom made desk by yours truly, see siggy for specs

(Copy/Paste link, I couldn't get it to link right, so i had to "cheat" the replace system... :rolleyes:)

I should probably clean my room next time, but... meh

http://omploader.org/vbGhu

That's the lil' tv and harddisk recorder next to it.

Looks amazing, Sandman! I had a Jerker in that same color, too. Your setup has me all fired up to get my 3008WFP. It should arrive by Friday. :)

Enjoy your honeymoon ;). After awhile 30 doesnt seem big anymore. :mad: and you start dreaming of 3x 30" :p

Enjoy your honeymoon ;). After awhile 30 doesnt seem big anymore. :mad: and you start dreaming of 3x 30" :p
Ain't that truth??? I remember when my 24" 2407 seemed huge. Now, it's too small.

Y'know, we could post these comments exactly as they're written in another, shall we say --- morally casual --- forum, and they'd mean something completely different. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back