• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didnt mind seeing them all again

Still doesnt overcome the fact it:

1: Causes longer page loads
2: Causes the image host to use more traffic
3: Clutters up the thread with something we saw already
4: Generally rude/lazy

....etc :rolleyes:
 
photo-1.jpg


My work setup. nothing too special, but its home :)
 
Still doesnt overcome the fact it:

1: Causes longer page loads
2: Causes the image host to use more traffic
3: Clutters up the thread with something we saw already
4: Generally rude/lazy

....etc :rolleyes:

Did you really need the rolleyes face to help make your point? I swear that's the most overused smiley on this forum.
 
Compslckr, very nice work setup: I like the fact that your office has has that very nice blue window in it (If that is what that is). ;)
 
Haha yeah, it is a loading dock sized window with a blue/black coating on the bottom two-thirds so people outside can't see in. the top third of the window is clear for natural light :)

Seeing that picture prompted me to clean up some of the wires under my desk :)
 
some of these pics make me want to update my work area, damn you all..
 
The Compaq on the left is running PFSense 1.2.3 RC1 to the right of the picture is the other Klipsch ProMedia Speaker on a stack of books almost level with the other one. Keyboard is a Razer Lycosa I got during a recent woot-off from woot.com.. I like it better than the G15, which it replaced. Microsoft Wireless Mouse was free and works surprising well for gaming... not much wireless lag at all.

IMG_0232.jpg
 
mature...

Does it really matter? :confused:
Maybe the OP didn't really need it to make his point, but arguing about it is pretty dumb imo.

Anyway...
I'll have to post my messy setup here pretty soon so I have a record of "before". i7 parts should be here in a couple days, then I just need to get a desk built.
 
Does it really matter? :confused:
Maybe the OP didn't really need it to make his point, but arguing about it is pretty dumb imo.

Anyway...
I'll have to post my messy setup here pretty soon so I have a record of "before". i7 parts should be here in a couple days, then I just need to get a desk built.

I'm not arguing about anything.
 
anywayysss..............

I moved desks 2-3 months back to make space in this small apartment. Also, as of late i've been working on a bunch of projects that require 2 pc's at my desk..

DSC00061.jpg


DSC00063.jpg
 
3676405847_aa460baf4d.jpg

New trendnet 8 port gbit switch
My makeshift desk at home, which is actually better than the (nonexistent) one I had at school.
Macbook Pro 2.2 santa rosa 4g/120g
White box is nas machine running on a Jetway C7 dual gbit 1tb wd green
Black box is Celeron D 2.93/AsRock P4dual originally built to run OS X back in the day. Currently running 9.04 hooked up to the Ultrasharp.
i7 parts should be here in a couple days. Will replace the MBP, along with something like the 1000he

On the far right you can make out gods drink. ;)
3677220580_26caeef91b.jpg

Box full of cd's... pretty much any recent version of Windows, OS X, or Ubuntu and some other random/off the wall distros.
Stack of books: 3 Mustang books, Arms and Armor of the Medieval Knight, HTML, Diesel Engine & Fuel System Repair, Arms and Armour, VB 2008, Using Samba, MCSE guide 70-291, folder full of armor patterns.... :D
 
Well I dont think I can beat the .223...... um
anyway heres my "workstation" and home office stuffen

pic0.jpg

My entire setup, in a nut shell

pic1-4.jpg

My shelf of nothingness, set to the left of my desk in a corner

pic2-2.jpg

My main desktop monitor and RCA receiver I got from walmart on the cheap, works great too, I dont complain

pic3-2.jpg

My Media Center screen, only use this for an extender to my Xbox 360 in living room

pic4-1.jpg

My actual machines, dear lord, dont look at the massive spiderweb of wires in the back please, it may cause blindness.... oh wait, this message should have been above the post to actually prevent it.... welp, sorry, dont send me the eye doctor bills, this still counts as a disclaimer!


*Edit* Had a 4 of 5 of the images linked wrong, there fixed now!
 
Here's my actual workstation. Yeah the cardboard above it is ghetto, but it blocks the horrendous light that burns my retinas for 10-12 hours a day.

3673010375_2313860177_o.jpg
 
Screw ghetto, it's freakin awesome. You need to add some of those door-way beads hanging from it across the front. Maybe add a string of white Christmas lights too....
 
Here's my actual workstation. Yeah the cardboard above it is ghetto, but it blocks the horrendous light that burns my retinas for 10-12 hours a day.

If I could get away with that at work I would do it in a heartbeat.

@FrEaKy - I love Ye Olde Hercules Sound Card Break-Out Box. I had one a million years ago and ended up putting it in a build for my brother. Had always hoped they would give Creative a run for their money. And the cable to that thing was a monster...
 
Screw ghetto, it's freakin awesome. You need to add some of those door-way beads hanging from it across the front. Maybe add a string of white Christmas lights too....

I was just telling a co-worker today that I was going to spiff it up a little by painting it and hanging some fun ornaments or something from it!

I don't know if I could get away with the xmas lights though!

If I could get away with that at work I would do it in a heartbeat.

I'm just waiting for someone from maintenance or the lame safety committee to tell me it's a violation or some non sense and I have to take it down. It was there over the weekend though, so I might get away with it for a while longer.
 
I always thought my Mosin would be fun to try out on a coyote, but I don't think the people in the next county would think so.

What year and model?

I've got a 45 M44. Payed about $70 for it with a few parts missing (butt plate and a couple screws). It's in pretty good condition.
 
What year and model?

I've got a 45 M44. Payed about $70 for it with a few parts missing (butt plate and a couple screws). It's in pretty good condition.

1944 M44. Got it at cheaper than dirt for $99. Pretty sure it came with all the accessories. Looks to be in good shape but I don't think I ever got it sighted in to see how well it shoots. Almost afraid to shoot it... never know where it's going to stop.

Also have a norinco SKS my brother got me for graduation.
When I got the m44 a 440 round tin was $45. Now your lucky to get it for 90.
The 7.62x39 was like $120-130 for 1000 when I got the SKS 2 years ago and it steadily crept up to where it's about that much for 500.

There was a PA63 at a local shop for like 150 bucks. Realized I should've bought it, went back and it was gone. :(
 
lol, Mine had no accessories, didn't really care though for the price.

My sights are way off for whatever reason.... been a while since I've shot it but I think it shoots to the left more than it should.

Given that you haven't shot it, be ready for a sore shoulder. Damn things kick hard, but god do they make some noise :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top