Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to try to get a better camera one of these days... and I will post better pics then.

you have me afraid to comment now bro. lol
i'll take pics for you....or if you want you can take the sony and take pics with that...or the canon. whatever ya want :)
the white in there is going to look really nice i think. i really liked those new fans too.:D

What desk is that and what chair is that? Also those side tables where you get them all from?

Its kinda pointless to tell the names, because I live in Finland and they are not sold in the US. :D:D (Or maybe the chair is.. I dont know where though..)

I have that antec case (sonata 3) also...can't get the front e-sata to work though...grrrrrr...how's your experience?
I havent actually ever tried the e-sata.. Otherwise Im loving the case, quiet & sleek. :cool:

@jyxent, have you tried watching movie or gaming on two 226bw's? I'm thinking to buy second one and use them verticaly. But i'm worried about gaming (because of resolution -2100x1680-) and watching movies :(

It will be like this
verticalmh5.jpg

I fi I didin't attend Lan Parties up to 3 times a month, I would make the wires more organized and neat. but there really is no point in doing that 3 times a month.

IMG_0009small.jpg

I fi I didin't attend Lan Parties up to 3 times a month, I would make the wires more organized and neat. but there really is no point in doing that 3 times a month.
I've actually grown rather fond of my own cable jungle. For years, I berated myself for not binding, taping, organizing, hiding, etc. the Amazonian rainforest under my workstation. Now, it's my personal statement that...

"I boldly refuse to conform to the PC community's definition of order and aesthetics, for I determine what is and is not aesthetically pleasing... I, and only I, chart the course by which I live my life. For I am an individual, guided by MY code of order!!"

Hey, it sounds a helluva lot better than I'm just too lazy. :p

To be honest, the only reason I even bother to hide my wires anymore is simple... I have a Jack Russell. Anyone that has been around one of these peculiar little animals knows... they love to hide under things... and the also love to destroy. The last thing I need is a bored Jack Russell hiding under my desk amusing himself by destroying my computer cables. He already rips apart all of his toys and distributes the pieces all over my house.
But anyway... I am going to get a good camera in a few days here hopefully, so I will be sure to post when I do. I haven't quite got everything done yet though... soon.

To be honest, the only reason I even bother to hide my wires anymore is simple... I have a Jack Russell. Anyone that has been around one of these peculiar little animals knows... they love to hide under things... and the also love to destroy. The last thing I need is a bored Jack Russell hiding under my desk amusing himself by destroying my computer cables. He already rips apart all of his toys and distributes the pieces all over my house.
But anyway... I am going to get a good camera in a few days here hopefully, so I will be sure to post when I do. I haven't quite got everything done yet though... soon.

My kitten loves to chew on computer cables too. One night my mom went to use the computer and the mouse stopped working and then i checked in the morning and sure enough he chewed halfway through the cable and he also chewed part of the keyboard cable. So now all the cables are hidden.

My kitten loves to chew on computer cables too. One night my mom went to use the computer and the mouse stopped working and then i checked in the morning and sure enough he chewed halfway through the cable and he also chewed part of the keyboard cable. So now all the cables are hidden.

My kitten loves to sit by my feet and play with his toys, luckily he doesn't like to chew wires. He has pulled the mouse off my desk a couple of times, and once the little bugger stepped on the power switch on the power bar. :mad::D

iGamer:

How do you like the rocketfish mouse pad?

I love it, :D it has the same quilty pads as say icemat, or the other $40+ mouse pads, I would highly reccommend it.
+ it has two sides, one for speed, and one for control.

hi guys...this is my lovely pc..
all comments are welcome;)

pcfilteredwd3.jpg

pc2qe4.jpg

systems specs are;
c2d e4300 1.8@3ghz/gigabyte ds3 rev3.3/sparkle 8600gt/3gb ddr2-667 dual/seagate 80gb sata2+ seagate 160gb sata2+320gb seagate sata2+wd mybook 500gb/asus 19''lcd/logitech x-230/creative audigy value/lc power 550w/asus 6030bı adsl modem/CMStacker/MX518

looks nice.

how are those speakers? im thinking about getting them. i dont have a lot or room on my desk. and i have these BIG speakers sitting here... and it just doesnt look right.

Haha yeah sorry bout the sideways pictures earlier, fixed now though...didn't think about it when I was posting =/. Thanks though for the fan advice, I don't know why it bugs me so much, just does ><

Yeah this motorcycle is my favorite Lego kit ever :D, all the mechanics work on it as well, the drive chain, the transmission, even the pistons turn. Best part is, I got it at the actual Lego store in Chicago.

Heres a better picture: although a little blurry =( stupid camera
[IMG1]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/takumi145/DSCN0211.jpg[/IMG]

Oh man that is awesome. What is it called? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

NM... found it

DSC_8593.sized.jpg

24" LG + 22" Iiyama - I have the 22" in Bergen now, on my other WS..

DSC_6872_DXO.sized.jpg

How the whole desk looks, beware - the top pic is the most current with respect to mouse/keyboard..

The only change since 07' is i now have a Logitech remote to replace the current 3 pictured, not really worthy of a new pic.

3.jpg

what is that crazy looking keyboard pad thing?

Its a mousetrapper advance, I have problems with tendonitis..

Wibla- Does that woodgrain screw with your optical and/or laser mice?

Btw, Love that desk! :D

First off, thanks! (my old man built it, cant buy one like it anywhere)

I have had no problems with optical/laser mice on that desk actually, I stopped using a mouse pad years ago

189.jpg

184.jpg

PC info is in my sig. Put some wheels on the bottom so that I can move it easier to arrange cables and whatnot.

189.jpg

184.jpg

PC info is in my sig. Put some wheels on the bottom so that I can move it easier to arrange cables and whatnot.

Yo heatsink is backwards :eek:

Fan pushes through the heatsink... you want the fan pushing up or backwards, right now it's pushing air towards the front :D

OOPS lol

Nice catch. That heatsink was a pain in the ass to get on. I was just happy I finally got it on. Didn't even notice.

Thanks.

OOPS lol

Nice catch. That heatsink was a pain in the ass to get on. I was just happy I finally got it on. Didn't even notice.

Thanks.

Yea 775 push-pins are a PITA... I spent about 30 minutes trying to put an AC freezer pro in my friend's build, oddly enough his was supposed to be oriented like that because it was a Lian Li A05 which is reversed airflow.

Yea 775 push-pins are a PITA... I spent about 30 minutes trying to put an AC freezer pro in my friend's build, oddly enough his was supposed to be oriented like that because it was a Lian Li A05 which is reversed airflow.

I've never had much of a problem with the stock coolers. I've put together plenty of 775 systems. But the clips on this seemed to be cheaply made, so if you didn't center it perfectly, they would just bend as you pushed. I'm lucky I didn't break it. Once you get it cliped in it is really solid, but getting it in was a pain.

I fixed it, but my camera battery is dead. ><

when i was installing my tuniq i spent like half an hour trying to push in the heatsink. then i realized you screw it in. i never thought a company would make it that easy so i never even tried it.

Got my 24" Samsung last week :)

35i1277.jpg

2jazvo0.jpg

29wttt1.jpg

vsj6t0.jpg

PS - no, the case isn't open all the time and the CPU fan is blowing to the rear

My new setup, replaced my (2) 226BW's for (2) 24" Sceptre's. Plus got my iPod Touch :D
The new deskmount is on the way!

DSC02264.jpg

Anarchy, for your Noctua NH-U9, did you drill those grooves by the heatpipes yourself? If yes, how did you do it? Thanks. I have the same cooler and wanted to rotate it on my Asus M2N-E

Anarchy, for your Noctua NH-U9, did you drill those grooves by the heatpipes yourself? If yes, how did you do it? Thanks. I have the same cooler and wanted to rotate it on my Asus M2N-E

I did not modify anything, i'd guess my is a newer revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back