Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving all of you guys workstations for 2008... great start to the year! Keep them upgrades coming.

Well as far as mine goes, I got the "window" design done in my A05B side panel... I love it... some might not like it though. As I said before it's a window for people who aren't crazy about windows :eek: I promise to post pics as soon as I get my new camera... the Canon G9, which I should be getting by the end of this week :D I also just got a Logitech G15 v2 keyboard and a Logitech G9 mouse. I might try to wire up my Polk R150 bookshelves to the Logitech Z-2300 sub to see if there's any improvement. I also picked up an Onyx desk from Office Depot but I'm not entirely sure how I like it in it's stock configuration... a mod or two may be in order ;)

It the mobile workstation from staples. Like $100 bucks when I got it.

I like the 2.0's but these are my second pair get the warranty on them so you can return them at whim and they are fine. Also they are 50 bucks off at CC.

I'm loving all of you guys workstations for 2008... great start to the year! Keep them upgrades coming.

Well as far as mine goes, I got the "window" design done in my A05B side panel... I love it... some might not like it though. As I said before it's a window for people who aren't crazy about windows :eek: I promise to post pics as soon as I get my new camera... the Canon G9, which I should be getting by the end of this week :D I also just got a Logitech G15 v2 keyboard and a Logitech G9 mouse. I might try to wire up my Polk R150 bookshelves to the Logitech Z-2300 sub to see if there's any improvement. I also picked up an Onyx desk from Office Depot but I'm not entirely sure how I like it in it's stock configuration... a mod or two may be in order ;)

Look forward to seeing your setup.

1012965vb5.jpg

1012964ga8.jpg

1012966fi4.jpg

Running gentoo with compiz fuzion

Just been moving some stuff around and getting everything setup again...

dsc03246ip8.jpg

3 comps.. main rig.. ubuntu test rig.. and fileserver
dsc03242pj2.jpg

there isnt a wire touching the ground under the desk, was really sick of the rats nest.. i think my ocd kicked in a bit too lol
while doing the wiring..
dsc03240wc8.jpg

everything's all perdy..... :)
dsc03243oe2.jpg

finished results.. 1 cable is from the G15.. other there is from the speaker wiring
dsc03247on9.jpg

if i ever need to move the desk, i just need to unplug the 1 power cord from the wall and everything is disconnected and it can move

Wow R3d, that is some excellent wiring you got there... I am currently in the process of doing the same, but I ran into a few problem wires :rolleyes: Anyway, congratulations on the wiring job... and you workstation looks awesome as well.

patience is a virtue some days lol.. spent about 4 hours moving everything around by myself.. good use of a day off :) I took the time to get it done right and im really happy with the results

Well apparently that patience paid off because you got it looking pretty slick. I'll see if I can make something good happen with my wires and post some pics if I succeed... if not, well I'll just not post pics and tell y'all it was a success :p

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

the back
IMG_0512.jpg

just got my new table. this is just temp. until i get my z5500

Here is mine. Not anything special, it is nice, simple. When I move house I hope to get a Macbook Pro to accompany this, and a 24 inch display.
DSC00701.jpg

Specs in sig. Sorry for the rubbish picture quality, using my K750i for that, and don't have a card reader for the camera :(.

Update for all my new toys for 2008, updates include: monitor arm, Pioneer Elite Receiver, BIC Acoustech H-100 sub, Infinity PC350 center channel.

workstation2008_1.jpg

workstation2008_2.jpg

workstation2008_6.jpg

workstation2008_7.jpg

workstation2008_8.jpg

workstation2008_4.jpg

workstation2008_5.jpg

workstation2008_9.jpg

dualmon4.jpg

dualmon5.jpg

As you can see in the last pic, I made little brackets to adjust the height of my Viewsonic LCD, the VESA mount on it was placed funny so it sat far to low, my brackets (made out of PCI slot covers) raise it up just over an inch. :cool:

What speakers are those?
Nice setup!

My setup consists/will consist of:

-Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX (got this for only $360 , MSRP $1500!!! It is replacing my old VSX-D711 this tuesday)
-Infinity Primus P150 Bookshelfs as R & L (got the pair for $100 from my roommate)
-Infinity Primus PC350 as center (this thing is a beast, the clarity is amazing)
-KLH 9250B Floorstanding as SR & SL (due to my room shape/size the big guns had to act as rears )
-KLH E-10FB Subwoofer (great little sub, I've had it for years but I just ordered a BIC Acoustech H100, should be here mid week)

I know its not a workstation, but here's my Media Centre..
Work station coming soon.. :)

htpcmediacentrecopy2sc2.jpg

- Aspire X-QPack
- Core2Duo E6600
- 2GB DDR2 800mhz
- 8800 GTS 320
- 320 HDD
- Trust Media Center wifi Keyboard

nice shots!:)

that keyboard with the ball mouse, it's a lot better than touch pads imo.

Homemade desk and hutch........:D, not the best or prettiest out there, but it works for me and it was basicly free except for the time it took to build it.............:D

dsc00191ka2.jpg

dsc00184te4.jpg

Homemade desk and hutch........:D, not the best or prettiest out there, but it works for me and it was basicly free except for the time it took to build it.............:D

dsc00191ka2.jpg

dsc00184te4.jpg

I think it looks pretty good for home made. I think if you could put a uniform finish on the entire desk that it'd look that much better. Nice job though.

Thanks, I still need to finish the top half, the weather turned to crap before I got around to doing it, now it's hard to get re-motivated again..............:eek:

Theres lots of little blue and green LEDs all over the place but for the most part my camera prefers to pick up the blue/UV I used to have more green lighting but it was kinda painful on the eyes, I find blue to be much more relaxing(and the razor was long term loaned to me by a friend who got some really nice battlefield mouse so color wasn't my choice)

Here's my latest configuration. The only remaining upgrade will be a 30" LCD in another 1-2 months.

desk1.png

desk2.png

In pic:
Gaming Desktop
Toshiba A105 Laptop
File Server (top tier)
Router (bottom tier left)
Game Server (bottom tier right)

Mr.wolf what sub is that and how much did u pay?
i have the x-ls and xr-55 with the crappy jbl 10 inch sub witch needs to be replaced.

Mr.wolf what sub is that and how much did u pay?
i have the x-ls and xr-55 with the crappy jbl 10 inch sub witch needs to be replaced.
Nick - It's the BIC Acoustech H-100 and I love it!!! I just bought another one to go with the new X-LS/CS Encore home theater package I ordered over the weekend.

I got both subs from this eBay store: http://cgi.ebay.com/BIC-Acoustech-H...ihZ003QQcategoryZ3275QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

If you submit a "best offer" of at least $200, they'll usually accept. With shipping, the sub comes to about $250. It's very well worth the price.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back