Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got new speakers ditched my CA 2.1s for a my new Logitech Z-4i 2.1. I see a huge fucking difference!

first panorama, thought it was worthy to post. and i bet i ruined everyones browsing experience for this page... wheres [imgw]?
panorama_by_k427.png

first panorama, thought it was worthy to post. and i bet i ruined everyones browsing experience for this page... wheres [imgw]?
That's one of the features in Opera I can't live without - the 'fit to width' option that scales all images so they fit :)

what is that small device on the LCD mount with the red LED?
and why is there a wire going into your vase?

what the hell is going on here?? ;)

nice setup btw.

Okay, sorry for being away for so long. Work has overwhelmed me. The mount can be found here
It is the Ergotron 45-174-300 Neo-Flex LCD Arm-Extension Grommet Desk Mount
and I bought it at Amazon for $69 shipped. It was a total steal for the quality and material this thing is made out of.
The small device on the lcd mount is my tv tuner remote reciever.
As far as the wire going into the vase... LOL.. I couldnt find the other half of the extension from my sound card so I just stuck it into the vase for the time being so I wouldnt lose it under the desk again.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is the monitor mount, Linky
Nice screen but why did you choose to go with the mount? Kinda pointless to move it around 360?

I read alot of ebooks and pdf files. I find it easy to use Nvidia's control panel to flip it and simply nudge my monitor a bit to read them easier / fit more on the screen. Secondly, I use this desk to work on alot of computers in my free time, and to be able to just push the monitor and have it flush agaisnt the entertainment center barely pictured on the left in the pictures is nice.

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs22/f/2008/012/f/a/panorama_by_k427.png[/IM][/QUOTE]

Mirror across from the bed, eh? Kinky!

I moved apartments and changed my setup a little bit. The TV is mounted using a full motion arm. It acts as my secondary monitor when I turn it towards my desk.

IMGP3789.jpg

IMGP3792.jpg

IMGP3794.jpg

workstation.jpg

iPhone pic resized with Paint! ZOMG QUALITY ++;

I moved apartments and changed my setup a little bit. The TV is mounted using a full motion arm. It acts as my secondary monitor when I turn it towards my desk.

*snip*

HEY THERE EX-ROOMIE :p

I like this setup much much better than what we had in our old place. I take it, you patched that wall up from your little electrical wire mishap?

it looks like a plush companion cube... do yo sleep with it? I am sure it would be warm.

^^ nice set up. I like the speakers and the TV you got. Nice chair too.
Nice setup but why is your tv on the floor?
Skyline889 - Is your Denon an integrated amp? Does it have an LFE port?

Thanks guys! I moved the tv to the floor when I rearranged the rest of my room and haven't really found a place for it yet. I was going to move my rack to the floor and put the tv on top but I'm probably going to move it out of my room soon so it's not really worth it for me. The Denon is indeed an integrated amp, the PMA-2000IVR to be more specific. It was intended more for 2 channel use than home theater use so there's no LFE port to add a sub. If I do end up adding a sub though, I'm going to get one with a built in x-over and just run the pre-out from the amp into the sub.

Nice, lucky you, thanks though.

Yeah, heh, they sold out like day 1 in a few hours, they ran about 30$ I think.

it looks like a plush companion cube... do yo sleep with it? I am sure it would be warm.

It is plush, but I don't sleep with it; I have my girlfriend for that. My dog got the cube one day and I was pissed, threw his ass outside.

kuhla what couch is that? And what books are those on the self on the left? Im looking for a new good book to read, and those look kinda interesting.

I wish I could fit on that couch.

Sometimes it sucks to be tall.. :/

BTW, what's with the black 'pixels' kuhla?

Edit: Just noticed that your room is like 2 of my rooms combined. Now I'm sad. :(

kuhla what couch is that? And what books are those on the self on the left? Im looking for a new good book to read, and those look kinda interesting.

Couch

Ikea KLIPPAN + white cover. Runs about $250. Fits 2 very comfortably or 3 smaller guys. I can lay on it pretty comfortably alone (6' 5" tall).
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49841364

Books

Well if you like fiction (I read mostly science fiction and some fantasy but have tried just about everything) then the books in the picture are:

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman - Haven't read it yet. Back cover sounded mildly interesting.

Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke - Liked it but it is true science fiction, more science, less action.

Rama II by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee - Haven't read it yet. It's the sequel to the above book. There are more books in the series (2 more I think?).

The Innocent Mage : Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book One by Karen Miller - Read it. See next book, which is the sequel and end of the series.

The Awakened Mage : Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book Two by Karen Miller - Pretty standard fantasy affair. Decent read. Nothing spectacular.

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Betrayal - I haven't read it yet but I will be going into it with very mixed feelings. It's set way after movie 6 (Return of Jedi) so that is good since I don't like the prequel stuff but they have been going a weird direction lately and this is the beginning of a long series and I'm not crazy about long book series.

Variable Star by Robert A. Heinlein and Spider Robinson - (This is the one by my bed with the alarm clock on it) I'm reading this now and it's a pretty fun read. It's written in a sort of autobiography/stream-of-thought style which lends to you having to sort of imagine a lot of what is going on. Science fiction plot is sort of interesting too.

There are a lot more books than that in my room (you can sort of make out the spines in the lower-left-hand corner). If you want, I can take a picture of them though and point out a few good ones.

EDIT:

I wish I could fit on that couch. Sometimes it sucks to be tall.. :/

I'm 6' 5", 195lbs and can lay on it pretty comfortably (when there isn't motherboards, psus, hard drives, etc. on it). I can't stretch out on it but if I put my feet up on one side then yea.

BTW, what's with the black 'pixels' kuhla?

Panorama thing in photoshop. When it stitches a bunch of pictures together it does that.

Edit: Just noticed that your room is like 2 of my rooms combined. Now I'm sad. :(

My room measures about 13' x 10' so.....

HEY THERE EX-ROOMIE :p

I like this setup much much better than what we had in our old place. I take it, you patched that wall up from your little electrical wire mishap?

Thanks! Yeah it's patched, but not painted so it looks bad.

Well if you like fiction (I read mostly science fiction and some fantasy but have tried just about everything) then the books in the picture are:

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman - Haven't read it yet. Back cover sounded mildly interesting.

Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke - Liked it but it is true science fiction, more science, less action.

Rama II by Arthur C. Clarke and Gentry Lee - Haven't read it yet. It's the sequel to the above book. There are more books in the series (2 more I think?).

The Innocent Mage : Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book One by Karen Miller - Read it. See next book, which is the sequel and end of the series.

The Awakened Mage : Kingmaker, Kingbreaker Book Two by Karen Miller - Pretty standard fantasy affair. Decent read. Nothing spectacular.

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Betrayal - I haven't read it yet but I will be going into it with very mixed feelings. It's set way after movie 6 (Return of Jedi) so that is good since I don't like the prequel stuff but they have been going a weird direction lately and this is the beginning of a long series and I'm not crazy about long book series.

Variable Star by Robert A. Heinlein and Spider Robinson - (This is the one by my bed with the alarm clock on it) I'm reading this now and it's a pretty fun read. It's written in a sort of autobiography/stream-of-thought style which lends to you having to sort of imagine a lot of what is going on. Science fiction plot is sort of interesting too.

There are a lot more books than that in my room (you can sort of make out the spines in the lower-left-hand corner). If you want, I can take a picture of them though and point out a few good ones.
I loved Rendezvous with Rama and its sequels.

Neverwhere may have been the most imaginative and engrossing story I've ever read. You'll love it.

Where might I find that desk boneca?

The desk is FREDRIK (birch) sold by IKEA, price $119.00
not to get confused the monitors standing on additional shelf I bought together with brackets
the name of the shelf is JÄRPEN (birch) and SLINGA Brackets all sold by Ikea.

FREDRIK desk (birch) 119.00
Width: 54 3/4 "
Depth: 28 3/8 "
Height: 29 1/8 "

JÄRPEN shelf (birch) 14.99
46 7/8 x 11"

SLINGA Bracket 9.00 each

The Jerker was discontinued.

I hope this helps...

My current setup.
Took over my sister's old room, need to paint it a better color than bright green. Waiting to build a computer and possibly sell the laptop. Going to get a desk where the dresser is and put a corner stand in the corner to the right for the lcd and PS3.

LG 32" (32LC7D) and PS3
038.jpg

Gotta put those boxes downstairs just got a few things in the mail. I'll put them with about 20 other boxes. lol

Control Chair
041.jpg

E8400.....:D
042.jpg

Some pics of my setup...workstation/tv room:
Sorry about quality...cell phone camera
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

awesome comfy theater chairs!! I would love to have those 2 chairs for my setup