• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm, I don't think we're talking about the same type of "strategically placed" . . .

OCD is one thing - if you suffer from that, or claim/want to suffer from that, then that's one thing.

What I'm talking about are the folks that WANT to show up what kind of cell phone, MP3 player, flash drive, wallet and (of course) the keyring with whatever key corresponds to their precious car.

I just think it's kind of funny and tacky when people do that. I have a nice phone and car . . . and other things but the point on this forum (and this thread specifically) is to see what kind of COMPUTER SYSTEM and/or DESK you have . . . not your iphone or whatever. But that's just me . . .

Maybe when I get some time, I'll take some pics of my keys and phone and post them too! ;)

haha, that bugs me too. When people take more pics of their phone then their workstation.

btw, I have OCD too.
 
These aren't of my main rig, but they are of my newest:

Picture3.png


DSC00465-1.jpg


DSC00484-1.jpg


From left to right: Windows Server 2008 Enterprise (2.53GHz Pentium 4, 1.25GB of RAM), Mac OS X (2.7GHz Pentium Dual Core, 2GB Corsair XMS), Windows Vista Ultimate (3.4GHz Q6600, 4GB Corsair DHX).

The entire machine cost me $275.
 
The Hackintosh. The Server 2008 box was free (other than the case and PSU, $60. Server '08 was free from a Microsoft event) and the main rig was way too much money.
 
Dorm livin', thank goodness its my last year. Can't justify anything fancy until I'm finished. The Acer Aspire One is the shit though :cool:








 
You can see the letters from that far? As I'm typing right now everything is zoomed 5x. Hahaha.
 
(Sorry about the poor english, I`m a Brazilian still learning english)

After read the entire 165 (now 111 ?) topic pages and saved more then 120 pictures to my personal archive i´ve decide to post mine workstarion. This is my fist post here :D
Here in Brazil good hardware is too expensive, so it´s the better I´ve could bay 2 months ago.

As soon as possible I´m going to take an 32" LCD TV, to use like TV (duuh) and 3rd monitor, a HTC Diamond to replace de 8GB N81 and a EEePC.
Lots of real beautifull workstation but, Renner Technology, man.. What´s that?:O:O:O
2851058445_1f5daf6241_b.jpg

Real Congratulations!!! Just put the Marmeid a little to left... :D

Specs:
PSU: Enermax Galaxy VXX 1000
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6
Proc: Core2Quad Q6600 G0@3GHz (FSB333)
Cooler: Thermatake V1
Ram: 8GB GSKill 800Mhz (4x 2GB)
VGA: 2x 3870x2 (CrossFireX)
Optic: LG DVD RW 4160B e LG Leitor de DVD (both IDE)
HDs: 2x Seagate 320GB 16MB Cache (RAID0 - SO, Games, Applications) + 2x 80GB 8MB cache (RAID0- Swap, Downloads, Records and Editing)
Monitor: LG 226BW e Samsung 632nw
Sound: Edifier E1100 e fones Zalman5.1
External HD: CoolerMaster XCraft Seagate 160GB SATA1
Keyboard and Mouse: MicroSoft MS5000
Nobreak:APC1500
Joypad USB Xbox360
Remote Control Philips for MediaCenter.


So:

Front
51a9a9ff.jpg


Openned
f1181137.jpg


Interior (now with GSKill Memory)
c284e479.jpg


WorkStation (now with "ambilight" behind the lcds)
e4b033d2.jpg


Workstation again (using with a
SRM510010_3.jpg
)
362b91a8.jpg


Thanks and any comments are welcome.
 
Here's my dorm set-up so far (No it's not me who's the Steelers fan). Still running off my laptop since I still don't have a case for my build. :mad: I just got the amp the other day so it's not hooked up to anything yet. I'm going to Ikea sometime in the next couple weeks to pick up a shelf and some legs to make a seperate level for my desk (To put my amp underneath and my monitor on top) so hopefully by the time I get that set-up, I'll have speakers and my new case!

DSC_2910.jpg


DSC_2892.jpg
 
Very nice setup, Skyline!

My college computer was a Mac SE20. You guys make me feel old. :p

EDIT: It would be a good idea to put some space between your laptop and amp. You could snag one of these from Amazon...





Place the stand atop the amp; laptop atop the stand.
 
Here's my dorm set-up so far (No it's not me who's the Steelers fan). Still running off my laptop since I still don't have a case for my build. :mad: I just got the amp the other day so it's not hooked up to anything yet. I'm going to Ikea sometime in the next couple weeks to pick up a shelf and some legs to make a seperate level for my desk (To put my amp underneath and my monitor on top) so hopefully by the time I get that set-up, I'll have speakers and my new case!

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/SL_Audio/DSC_2910.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb198/SL_Audio/DSC_2892.jpg

what you have there looks really clean. however, I might suggest you not keep your heat producing laptop on your heat producing amp. in the long run it will be bad for both.you will definitely know the amp is getting too warm when your sound is distorting for no reason.
 
Thanks guys, lol yeah I'm not planning on running the laptop on top of the amp once the amp is hooked up. I'm just using it as a stand for my laptop right now. I don't think the Pioneer runs as hot as my Denon back home but I don't want to take any chances!
 
I'm guessing you don't scan many things with your all in one brother?

every once in a while i do, but i like it down there, it makes a good foot rest when it's not being useful.

and it's not like that linksys switch weights a ton and i cant remove it from the top.

you should see where i've got my USB TV tuner, lol.

take a guess ;)
 
How ironic that you would say that . . . my Klipsch Ultras have blown up for the second time in three years. .

Mine was running for 4 years straight 24/7 cept for the times I'm away for days/weeks. Before that I had a Promedia 2.1, so around 6 years old which my cousin is still using right now.. *shrugs*, not everything is made the same I guess.
 
I just moved into my basement, so I've got tons of room now (12x50 from a 10x10)
S6000050.jpg


PS3 with Shaun of the Dead and Lemmy figures (the Dude is above)
S6000051.jpg


custom case, with truckputer (put on hold due to saving more money for truck), Z-5500's sub, blu-ray collection, and RB drums
S6000052.jpg


posters (waiting for Shaun of the Dead, Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters and a few others to come in)
S6000053.jpg

S6000054.jpg


and the fireplace mantle, im a collector of a few things
S6000055.jpg
 
Great man cave! I haven't had a Genuine Draft in years. I think I'll remedy that during the UGA - Bama game tonight! ;-)
 
Great man cave! I haven't had a Genuine Draft in years. I think I'll remedy that during the UGA - Bama game tonight! ;-)
MGD is all i drink (minus the JD and Crown on the mantle). Started drinkin it a couple years ago...i mean i didnt drink underage...and i havent had anything that i will constantly drink as much
 
well what the hell. i'll post here. undergoing moving back into my mother's. Also just got myself a new desk, well 2 desk for 15$ from an surplus store. Sooo here it is!

"before" ** before i upgraded**
Picture8-20-05105.jpg


"in the middle" ** upgraded**
DSC01400.jpg


"almost to the end!" ** new spot**
DSC01651.jpg

DSC01655.jpg



i'm working on trading or selling my alienware laptop. Will get 2nd monitor and do dual, i miss doing dual because i have tri at work and it's amazing. Other than that, that's my work station so far. Last thing i need is logitech surround sound with that giant sub hehehe. OH yeah sorry for the large pic, it's photo bucket's fault.

how i do?

felt like it. new puppy :)
american pitbull
l_b63b1c6cc546449dae15bbd16cfcb5ca.jpg
 
Mine was running for 4 years straight 24/7 cept for the times I'm away for days/weeks. Before that I had a Promedia 2.1, so around 6 years old which my cousin is still using right now.. *shrugs*, not everything is made the same I guess.


sane I have had my ProMedia's 2.1 3 years now.And I usually have music/games up loud..... gotta love those explosions :D but I have had no trouble with them at all...
 
sane I have had my ProMedia's 2.1 3 years now.And I usually have music/games up loud..... gotta love those explosions :D but I have had no trouble with them at all...

That's great for you guys . . . but I'm done with Klipschs for my computer speakers. Having two sets for $400-$500 speakers (or more specifically the amp) blow out in 3 years is just retarded.
 
Running off laptop now.
IMG_0263.jpg


My personal file server
IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg


Cable mess
IMG_0267.jpg


Have to clean this up
IMG_0268.jpg


Looking into a 22 or 24 inch display, notebook cooler and a a backlit keyboard and a mouse
 
That's great for you guys . . . but I'm done with Klipschs for my computer speakers. Having two sets for $400-$500 speakers (or more specifically the amp) blow out in 3 years is just retarded.

Well even if we wanted more.. their PC line up's been discontinued.
 
That is why you buy the quintets or the new series that best buy has and a sub 10 and you'll have a rockin' system.
 
Does any one know what desk this is? or of a similar one? If so, where can I buy it? really need a desk that is somewhat circular.
24%20v%2030_1.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top