• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, that was real. My brother is a member on NASIOC (subaru forums), and the pictures came from a landlord who owned an apartment complex or something. They said the lady looked perfectly normal, but her apartment was just stacked with trash. Literally knee deep or higher. You haven't even seen the beginning of the pictures. :p

ohhhhhhh one of those people who has that disorder where they can't throw anything away. the mind works in some crazy ways.
 
yep , i was lucky enough to get the first one posted on the H. real nice design for cabling, and cooling andsurprisingly quiet.

I would recommend it for its $160 price to anyone. I upgraded to it from a cooler master 830se, and i think it is a much better build.
 
Old setup:
100_1893.jpg


Current setup:
IMG_0254.jpg


Using laptop as main rig at the moment. Hoping to pick up a 20-24 inch display in a few months, an actual laptop stand instead of the nintendo wii box, and the razer lycosa, and the razer Lachesis. Oh and a usb hub and the some better speakers.

Yes lot of things to buy.
 
Big update. Highlights: new cold cathodes behind my monitors, same awesome stereo, new server, new camera.

I apologize for the TERRIBLE panorama, I didn't have a tripod.

roompanorama1.jpg


DSC_0167.jpg


DSC_0168.jpg


DSC_0174.jpg


DSC_0178.jpg


DSC_0182.jpg


DSC_0185.jpg


DSC_0186.jpg


DSCF0272.JPG


Images shot with above D300, D300 image shot with FugiFilm Finepix Z20fd
 
I finally got around to taking new shots of my "office" although my wife prefers to call it my "hole" since I can spend a long time playing games in here. I recently swapped rooms and just got everything how I like it.

Before I post pictures, the old ones can be seen halfway down the following page including how I made my keyboard tray for my Frederik.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1148966&page=83

Picture from my chair.




I just added some old CCFL's to enhance my desk. The idea came from Stresstest's setup a few years back (no longer a member here as far as I can tell). I have Blue ones under the desk which help me see my keyboard while gaming in the dark rather than turn on a lamp. I bought an electrical box to house the inverters for the white (on) and UV (off) on top of my desk under the monitor.





Semi-cable management. Considering how many cables there are and where they are all routed it looks pretty good. The black Lian-Li PC-61 to the lower right is my old PC I rarely turn on anymore. The cabinet to the left I found off of Craigslist and painted black to add more storage to the table portion of my workstation.



The $300 ergonomic mesh chair from Office Depot. It was worth every penny (Bush's "stimulus" check in action) and was on sale 2 months ago when I got it.



Here is the top of my Desk. The smaller thumbnail just has descriptions of what some of the things are.





My Vika Amon Table with my Notebook, Hard Drives, and other stuff. Click the Thumbnail to see what all those Hard Drives are used for.





Game Shelf (PC, PS, PS2, & PSP)



My Desktop



The wallpaper is from the Fallout 3 Vault Survival Guide that was posted on one of the gaming sites recently. I know some of you will ask, yes that is TWO instances of Rocketdock running. The top one is the newest version and has all my installed games, un-installed games, and soon to get games shortcuts. The side one is for my apps and is version 1.1.0 which is the last version before they "fixed a bug that allowed multiple instances of Rocketdock to run." If you want more than one Rocketdock, get that version and rename it Rocketdock 2. You will have to launch it manually cause windows launches the newest version upon startup. BTW, I have tried Object Dock and other docks and hate them all except Rocketdock. It's just the easiest to use and configure IMO.

Final Panorama's of the "hole"


 
very nice guys :)

edit:
btw. for anyone interested.
Big update to my post a few pages ago
will post pictures in a day or two when things are finished
hehehe :D

sig kinda gives away some of the details ^_^
 
Just a small update. Still thinking if I should go buy a single 30+ or if I should buy another HP LCD and go dual (I multitask a lot). I absolutely love my MX3200 and MX600 from Logitech. I took off whatever's inside the drawer and put them somewhere else.So I could sit farther from the monitor.

1
mg1823zh7.png


2
mg1826yv8.png


3
mg1824qz1.png
 
@P4rD0nM3 - Where did you get that desk from and what is it called? I'm looking for one and I really like the clean style of it.

Edit: MIKAEL desk from Ikea right?
 
thebeephaha, I love BMW as much as any other BMW enthusiast, but damn the M1 concept is horrible looking.
 
D300, MB-D10, SB600, 18-70, 70-200 VR, D70 + 50mm F1.8? Not a bad kit indeed.. :)

:) I think so. I absolutely love the D300, only 2 days old and I haven't hardly had a chance to set it up yet but what I've tried so far is great. Blows the D70 away.

thebeephaha, I love BMW as much as any other BMW enthusiast, but damn the M1 concept is horrible looking.

It grows on you.
 
Just finished setting this up.
bought the table on the left (the one the Cosmos is on) and just got the Benq today.
Was running the 19inch before and a CRT.



Such a difference.

 
Ok, here is my setup, the desktop needs some repairs, since the 'L' stand which holds one of the parts, has been damaged and deattached from the wall.









That's the UTBiatch :D (Custom paintjob & mod)

Hardware in sig ^_^
 
Here is mine. Messy because the internet guy has been working with it. It was cutting out randomly. Turned out it my sisters desktop was overloading the network and then making it drop. Its all good now. So, i gotta fix the modem/router/VOIP phone and place it somewhere out of site.

DSC08441.jpg


DSC08442.jpg
 
Actually, that was real. My brother is a member on NASIOC (subaru forums), and the pictures came from a landlord who owned an apartment complex or something. They said the lady looked perfectly normal, but her apartment was just stacked with trash. Literally knee deep or higher. You haven't even seen the beginning of the pictures. :p

I was emailed the link to the pictures the other day. Completely Disgusting

http://www.houston-imports.com/dirty/dirty.html
 
Just a small update. Still thinking if I should go buy a single 30+ or if I should buy another HP LCD and go dual (I multitask a lot). I absolutely love my MX3200 and MX600 from Logitech. I took off whatever's inside the drawer and put them somewhere else.So I could sit farther from the monitor.

1
mg1823zh7.png

Why does the keyboard draw look invisible? :eek:
 
New system upgrade and new laptop warrants a little rearranging of the desktop . . . pretty happy with the recent build and haven't had much time to play with the new Gateway laptop yet but still hate my oddly shaped office and really, really hate the completely useless/dysfunctional Ethan Allen desk/chair.

Will post more detailed pics when I finish up the wiring inside the TJ09.

I'm pretty proud of myself that I resisted the urge to strategically place my cell phone and car keys on my desk for the photos. I always get a little chuckle out of that everytime I see it!

More to come later . . .

desk1.jpg


desk2.jpg
 
I always get a little chuckle out of that everytime I see it!

QFT, and the empty alcohol bottles present in many photos and shelves. See you have a Promedia Ultra 5.1 too, got rid of mine though as the subwoofer generated too much heat.
 
I'm pretty proud of myself that I resisted the urge to strategically place my cell phone and car keys on my desk for the photos. I always get a little chuckle out of that everytime I see it!

Some of us just suffer from OCD. :eek: I can't stand my keyboard and mousepad being uneven with the edges of my desk much less keys and cell phones scatted across the table!
 
Some of us just suffer from OCD. :eek: I can't stand my keyboard and mousepad being uneven with the edges of my desk much less keys and cell phones scatted across the table!

haha. Same here. When school is not in session, everything is clean, perferct, immaculate. Everything is strategically placed
 
I'm pretty proud of myself that I resisted the urge to strategically place my cell phone and car keys on my desk for the photos. I always get a little chuckle out of that everytime I see it!

QFT, and the empty alcohol bottles present in many photos and shelves. See you have a Promedia Ultra 5.1 too, got rid of mine though as the subwoofer generated too much heat.
My favorite extra accessories are the firearms that protect various workstations. One never knows when a suicide vest wearing Al Qaeda sympathizer eager to bust a move with his 72 virgins might crash in on a Counter-Strike session.;)
 
QFT, and the empty alcohol bottles present in many photos and shelves. See you have a Promedia Ultra 5.1 too, got rid of mine though as the subwoofer generated too much heat.


How ironic that you would say that . . . my Klipsch Ultras have blown up for the second time in three years. The amp gave out about a year and a half ago and I had to replace it. Just about a year and a half later (you know, not long after the warranty runs out) the replacement one blew out again.

I called Klipsch and they basically tried to persuade me NOT to get a replacement stating that it is a discontinued product and, not saying so in so many words, but hinted that I would continue to have the same problems down the line. They've also priced the repair/replacement service at something like $129 or $159, which makes you not want to do it either. Bastages.

I don't want to go down this road again so I'm looking to replace them with some Gigaworks S750 7.1's or maybe Logitech Z-5500's, which seem to be really popular among the [H]'ers! Gotta read up on both and then decide.
 
haha. Same here. When school is not in session, everything is clean, perferct, immaculate. Everything is strategically placed

Ummmm, I don't think we're talking about the same type of "strategically placed" . . .

OCD is one thing - if you suffer from that, or claim/want to suffer from that, then that's one thing.

What I'm talking about are the folks that WANT to show up what kind of cell phone, MP3 player, flash drive, wallet and (of course) the keyring with whatever key corresponds to their precious car.

I just think it's kind of funny and tacky when people do that. I have a nice phone and car . . . and other things but the point on this forum (and this thread specifically) is to see what kind of COMPUTER SYSTEM and/or DESK you have . . . not your iphone or whatever. But that's just me . . .

Maybe when I get some time, I'll take some pics of my keys and phone and post them too! ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top