Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll post mine. I'm only 13 so most of this stuff was either given to me or I worked my ass off to earn them

100_1820.jpg

The main desk are with my kitteh. ignore the spider-man blanket on the wall. I got bored one day and I put it up. Don't diss the spidey.

100_1821.jpg

My main computer. The thing with all the cardboard and a couple pc games piled on it.

100_1822.jpg

My emachines case that is in the process of being modded. Just started working on it two days ago I think

100_1823.jpg

Side panel from the emachines case.

btw, my desktop is

1gb crucial(only reads at 896mb due to damn onboard graphics jacking up the other 128mb)
2.21ghz Amd athlon 64 3500+
160gb hard drive
80gb hard drive

Get into buying and selling like I did/have....I have made $200 on some items...if you are really good and know what you are doing you could make $1000 in a month.

I guess I'll post mine. I'm only 13 so most of this stuff was either given to me or I worked my ass off to earn them

Thats how i started out.

Heres my setup from February 29 2004 when i was about 11? (im 15 now)
pcpics001.jpg

now more than 4 years later ive got
Setup027.jpg

Setup026.jpg

Just keep working and it will come.

Did you get that desk from BIG LOTS? I saw one there EXACTLY like it...I want it, but I need to know if it is sturdy.
If your talking to me i got it at office max for 100. Its pretty sturdy a bit wobbly when u put pressure on it but thats prob cuz its on soft carpet.

lol thats like the same case for me 14 here

lol lucky you got an lcd, im still on crt
and your emachines stats are better than mine
thats an accomplishment lol

trying to get $$, not working
ill probally post mine as soon as clean up my desk lol

Downgraded from a Sony to a Westy.... *shakes head* lol.

I am gonna post another pic tomorow playing my new copy of GTA4!! THAN YOU AMAZON!

haha the Sony was my "temp" while I was remodeling the room. 40 was too big, even 37 is pushing it. I think a 33inch :p would be perfect

Workstations may change, but the Jerker is forever!!! :D

I agree with you on 40" and 37" being too big. My next monitor will be a 32" Sharp or Samsung 1080p LCD TV or a 30" Dell or Samsung 2560x1600 LCD.

2008 remodeled the room

DSC01651smll.jpg

2005:
100_0070.jpg

2006:
100_0091.jpg

2007:
IMG_0235.jpg

2008:
IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

Sadly I dont have pics of my first build in early 2004 (13 at the time) of a PIII 800Mhz with a GF2. From then on is where it all started.

Nick_Leo- Your 'story' is kinda like mine. Except mine ended when i moved to Korea. Now, i have no income (17 btw)

but, when i was 13-14
DSC00521.jpg

then, that PC died.. so i had to use mom's and dads.. for about 2 years *blah*

then, 16
DSC02462.jpg

now, 17- but, since i moved. i dont see any upgrades coming anytime soom. hopefully another monitor when i get the money
compuetpark068.jpg

Ironically, those Bose speakers probably sound worse than the garish Sony ones!

hardly so! i was just junking my girls old computer and decided to play some music using the same montior/speaker setup. We couldn't believe how good the speakers were. Good enough so, that i'm saving the monitor and speakers to use in the workshop. Dont knock it till you've tried it!

Loco what are the dimentions on that desk and where did you get it?
Is it sturdy and does it scratch/chip easily?

Loco what are the dimentions on that desk and where did you get it?
Is it sturdy and does it scratch/chip easily?

L shape 71in that I got at staples.
its not great of a desk I had to change the back pool to real hard wood since its all fake.

Believe it or not, I was going to start a thread for this about a week ago, but I didn't think there was a demand for it... so here's my workstations over the years...

My first computer was an eMachines... I was coming from a WebTV... I was so excited :D
2003.jpg

This is my second computer... my sister got a new Vaio and gave this to me... I loved that little 15" LCD...
2004.jpg

This was my first build, and I've been building my own ever since... CM Centurion is one of my all time favorite cases...
2005.jpg

I put everything in this Super Lanboy... but I don't know why... Centurion looked nicer :p
2006.jpg

I went through several configs in this year...
2007.jpg

20072.jpg

But then I got my V1000.... no mods yet...
20073.jpg

Here's where I work right now... this year I've played musical cases between the A05B and the V1000... the V1000 won :p
2008.jpg

Now maybe I need a second HPw2207 :D

Back in 2002/03ish when I started with computers, I never thought I'd have anything I have now... never even thought I'd know how to build and mod them (thanks to the guys @ 3DGameMan for helping a noob back then)... but when I got that first CM Centurion case and various parts, I caught the bug and now I can't stop. I'm on the audio kick this year... who knows where that'll get me :confused::D

Oh yeah... emir... that's a neat little kitty :)

...And illuminate's speakers do sound good.

Ironically, those Bose speakers probably sound worse than the garish Sony ones!

sorry. but no. they sound great. Ive got these, and then the 2 131's ( i think is what they are) the ones with the 8in woofer) hooked up to my PC, and so the white ones are highs, and then the other ones are the lows.

and i watch a lot of movies on my PC, and the sony ones just had to much bass. everyones voices were loud and "bassy." the bose ones are higher, and clearer. they are great!! (and did i mention 50% off when i got'em)

and yes, toobookoo, they do!

Wait. I missed one. Mine is the first setup on this page. this is the in-between picture of the one with the sony speakers, and the last one

DSC03995-1.jpg

Here's where I work right now... this year I've played musical cases between the A05B and the V1000... the V1000 won :p
2008.jpg

OK! I must know where you got those desks! and how much did they cost if you dont mind? I've been looking for them, and have had no luck... thx.

Well , I got a new camera and took a quick picture for now... the desk is not too clean.... :(

Desk-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back