Post your workstation 2008 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
gr1Mo... they're from the Ikea store... I designed them from the various Ikea desk parts. The tops are called Vika Amon and the legs are called Vika Curry. I paid $30 for each top and $5 for each leg, for a total of $100. Best $100 I've ever spent on a desk if you ask me :D

well i guess i could post my setup here....
but like the guy a few pages back im only 14, so most of this was givin to my or was a pain to get
however i may be able to get a case mod soon, so thatl be =DDDD

main setup: (yes i used a spare case as a support)
imgp0654aa1.jpg

shot 2
imgp0650py3.jpg

main computer (many of you should be saying, "i remember when my comp was beige)
imgp0651cg7.jpg

top shelf (no, thats not a bong)
imgp0652cg1.jpg

bottom shelfs
imgp0653do4.jpg

and the comps stats:
2ghz P4
400 GB Seagate HDD
1 GB of ram
uhhh thats all thats good (sorda, lol)

well i guess i could post my setup here....
but like the guy a few pages back im only 14, so most of this was givin to my or was a pain to get
however i may be able to get a case mod soon, so thatl be =DDDD

main setup: (yes i used a spare case as a support)
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3352/imgp0654aa1.jpg
shot 2
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6974/imgp0650py3.jpg
main computer (many of you should be saying, "i remember when my comp was beige)
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/4378/imgp0651cg7.jpg
top shelf (no, thats not a bong)
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6141/imgp0652cg1.jpg
bottom shelfs
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5716/imgp0653do4.jpg
and the comps stats:
2ghz P4
400 GB Seagate HDD
1 GB of ram
uhhh thats all thats good (sorda, lol)
Wow, you've got alot of 'vintage' stuff there (I mean it in a cool way) - CRT, Starcraft book, 15 lb 3" tall notebook.. I almost thought the coreless phone was a 10 year old Nokia cell ;)

lol its just for storage (yugioh tin)

well im saving my money for parts, my friend may be able to hook me up with some new parts and/or a better case

starcrafts still fun (that is untill #2 comes along =D)

I have to confess that the following images aren't new but I don't think I've posted yet in the 2008 workstations section :) I do plan on updating a few things notably my powerbook to one of the new macbook pros; it's currently a 17" but I'll probably get a 15" because I hardly ever use the screen and I NEVER take the powerbook anywhere...it's been sitting on that icurve since I got it. I'm also looking at upgrading that Shuttle SB81P which is over 4 years old now, that's right, I said 4...problem is I'm not satisfied with the newer shuttles and I can't find any other solution that will fit my setup. Oh, and I might get an iPhone now that Rogers has announced it's finally bringing it to the Canadian market this year (all depending on their plan choices of course). Anywho, hope you like my room :)

Here's my setup.

Powerbook > Dell 2407WFP-HC via VGA (w/ VGA to DVI adapter)
Shuttle > Dell 2407WFP-HC via DVI (connected using DVI to HDMI cable through HDMI Switch)
PS3 > Dell 2407WFP-HC via DVI (connected using HDMI to HDMI cable through HDMI Switch
HDMI 4-in-1 Switch > Dell 2407WFP-HC via DVI (connected using HDMI to VGA cable)

Logitech MX Duo setup using KVM Switch to switch between Mac and PC.

Also, logitech Z-5500 speakers are setup in 5.1 fashion with rear speakers setup at ceiling corners. PS3 audio is setup through optical audio.

4 external Lacie Porsche drives (500GB each). 2 for powerbook, 2 for Shuttle.

- Darius

_MG_0925.jpg

_MG_0926.jpg

_MG_0935.jpg

_MG_0950.jpg

_MG_0930.jpg

_MG_0932.jpg

_MG_0942.jpg

_MG_0933.jpg

_MG_0934.jpg

_MG_0937.jpg

_MG_0938.jpg

_MG_0940.jpg

_MG_0945.jpg

_MG_0948.jpg

_MG_0947.jpg

Woot for D. Dude, how on earth did you straighten out that tubing and attach it to your wall? I'm having huge problems with that lol.

Here's my current setup, you can see the details in my sig. The speakers are lower end Infinity shelves (the floor towers are in my living room). The amp reciever isn't anything special but it works out fine. You can see my new 500gb drive sitting there waiting for me to reinstall Windows but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully I'll be getting a new case soon so I'll post up some inside pics when that happens.

2455912612_10faf76937_b.jpg

Oh....and EvE for the win!

dariuslatamus: What desk is that?

It's custom built. I have a friend in the furniture business who had large slabs of desk tops like this and I i saw this one and just loved the finish on it. The legs on the other hand are actually from IKEA. They're the simple twist cyclinder types.

- Darius

They're actually mounted on wood with a matte finish. Paper is so passé :)

- Darius
Really nice setup man!

TooBooKoo, I want that desk. I went and got all the parts on IKEA.com or w/e, and went to checkout...shipping was $120!!! The closest store is in Georgia also... :(

I really love seeing peoples setups, just to see how I could improve mine and such.

Here's my current setup, you can see the details in my sig. The speakers are lower end Infinity shelves (the floor towers are in my living room). The amp reciever isn't anything special but it works out fine. You can see my new 500gb drive sitting there waiting for me to reinstall Windows but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Hopefully I'll be getting a new case soon so I'll post up some inside pics when that happens.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2183/2455912612_10faf76937_b.jpg

Oh....and EvE for the win!

What kind of mic is that and how are you hooking it into your system? Are you a podcaster?

some people on this forum need to learn how to read the EXIF data. It takes what, 3 seconds to download and then 3 more to right click and read it?

You know, I may know that perfectly well. But we have people on this forum who have NO idea what EXIF data is. People are free to ask questions of whatever kind, regardless of how mundane and simple it may sound to you. Don't discourage them to ask , if it doesn't effect you don't post. Trolling is not appreciated.

DSC00118.jpg

And as of 2 days ago:(yes, i know my second monitor is sitting on a book, that will be fixed sometime soon. :D )

DSC00165.jpg

You know, I may know that perfectly well. But we have people on this forum who have NO idea what EXIF data is. People are free to ask questions of whatever kind, regardless of how mundane and simple it may sound to you. Don't discourage them to ask , if it doesn't effect you don't post. Trolling is not appreciated.

thus the reason I said "need to learn" - I'm all for answering questions. I was a noob once after all. Didn't really mean to sound like a troll. Sorry all.

However, you'd think that people would pick up on it, this isn't the first time someone has been told about EXIF data, even in this thread. :p

Jeeze eden RAGE more what don't you?

(Some people on this forum need more patience.)

some people on this forum need to learn how to read the EXIF data. It takes what, 3 seconds to download and then 3 more to right click and read it?

thus the reason I said "need to learn" - I'm all for answering questions. I was a noob once after all. Didn't really mean to sound like a troll. Sorry all.

However, you'd think that people would pick up on it, this isn't the first time someone has been told about EXIF data, even in this thread. :p

Sheesh, just read the EXIF data.

Grrr....

My new epic workstation!!! Got the desk tonight at Big Lots for $100....it is awesome. Very sturdy and hell of a lot of room. The keyboard pullout is a bit wobbly, but I could care less....desk is awesome!

Haha thats not my wallpaper. That is my PS3, and GTA4 was in the drive, and that is the image that pops up. My PC wallpaper (and my Ps3 wallpaper) are of the sexy Megan Fox!

Guitarrasdeamor,

What is that to the left of your ps3 and how is your ps3 connected to your lcd?

To the left of my PS3 is my alarm clock...nothing special lol.

Also, it is hooked to my LCD via HDMI cable, and audio through red/white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back