Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) I have the same speakers as you. Got them about 3 years ago and they still work awesome. I think they still sell them too! God they were/are popular :p

Very nice desk Ruzzle.
I am heading up to Atlanta to visit my mother this weekend and am going to hit up the Ikea there for the $150 Frederik Black WS like yours. Could you please tell me how wide (front to back) the adjustable shelves are and how far from the front and back of the Frederik main desk surface they are? I have the other measurements from Ikea but not those. Do you know if you can buy additional Frederik shelves as well from the Brick and Morter Ikea, not online? Thanks.
I bought my big Galant setup from the Atlanta IKEA. It's a great store. You can buy any accessories there, as well.

2 Reasons actually.
1.) My IBM's motherboard's PCI-X slots are not backwards comaptible with PCI as per the PCI-X Standard. The manual states this, and I tried various PCI cards and they all caused some really wierd video issues.
2.) They were Free.

Sorry to flog a dead horse, but isn't that telling us why you used PCI-X ones rather than why you need them at all?

Did you just stick them in because they were free, so most don't actually connect to anything?

DSC00295.jpg

heres mine updated

goign to get a g15 keyboard and some razor mouse and mousepad..

proably need a new desk 2

By glminoDrove 60 miles to find the front cpu door missing so, I hacked it with a screen door and did the same to the side. Lots of air flow now, and can get to the box easily to work on it without having to move the heavy desk away from the wall.

By glmino

Hi MzL,
Thanks, It's functionaly better too.
Those are actually screen doors, the parts to make them came from Lowes including the hinges. Had to take the desk apart to cut the side panel and to locate the hinge holes,
all worth it though.

New camera kicks up horrendous amounts of noise when it get's dark;

sta_desk_full.jpg

However it's better on a tripod with a lower ISO;

desk_optio_a30.jpg

its a Samsung 23in HDTV, does my television and my computers. Researching alot about good tv monitors, and the Samsung is so crisp and no ghosting.

My $25 Jerker from craigslist project:

It's a work in progress, but Ive only had it a week. I tried to no avail to get an extra shelf or wing arm shelves. I just couldnt find them. So I came to the conclusion that I would have to build one. I found this great shelf material at Lowes called "redi-shelf" and it almost matches the style of wood on my jerker so I figured I would give it a shot. It also seemed sturdy enough to hold my two laptops so I wouldnt need a cross brace at this time. So I cut it to size and made some brackets out of angle iron (aluminum actually) and dremeled some bolts down to size and voila.

Pics of Brackets/Shelf
Desk003.jpg

Desk002.jpg

Desk004.jpg

I also had some network requirements for work, I wont bore you with the details but I didnt want the equipment laying around, so I got and bolted a 4' chatsworth network rack to the side of the jerker as well.

If anyone is equipment/hardware curious just let me know.

Desk008.jpg

Desk010.jpg

I just added that lamp last night, I like it because my blackberry fits neatly in the front of the organizer, but not so much because of the lamp sie itself, we'll see on that one I guess.

Wire management is pretty good at this point, there is a small visible bit by the printer, and the usb cable for the printer is coiled up in the paper tray...other than that im pleased so far.

Thanks!

Where do all you guys get those hangers for your headphones? Are they banana hangers?
I can't find any banana/headphone hangers except for cheap plastic crappy ones. I want a metal one :(

Hi MzL,
Thanks, It's functionaly better too.
Those are actually screen doors, the parts to make them came from Lowes including the hinges. Had to take the desk apart to cut the side panel and to locate the hinge holes,
all worth it though.

lol even better . easy dust filter ;p

Hi CHAoS_NiNJA,
My first worry was exactly that but, the desk was bought used ( 50 bucks ) and was way too heavy to move away from the wall as I have a compulsion to work on/in the box at least every other day it seems. The big cutout of the side allows the computer to be worked on right there or, be removed without moving the heavy beast of a desk.
The very thin wood is of no account ( I am careful not to strike against them though ), I've moved the desk a couple of times with no problems. The panel to the right of the computer takes the weight OK.
This is another of my pet peeves against manufacturers not building things to our needs,
these desks look great but, you can't really put your computer in those provided closed spaces without worrying about heat problems.
I'm sure they could design them to look better and be stronger in that area than mine.
And yes, the screens do act as a dust filter, I vacuum them off most every Saturday.
I am in contact with a major manufacturer and hope to see this available soon to all who
would like a great looking desk with lots of storage and functionality ( I'm sure they could put a steel rod down through the thin pieces ).
Thanks for the comments, they're good motivation for innovation,
Mike ( glmino )

Where do all you guys get those hangers for your headphones? Are they banana hangers?
I can't find any banana/headphone hangers except for cheap plastic crappy ones. I want a metal one :(

go to bed bath & beyond or linens n things, mine was 8.99 and it's the metal euro brand one.

they are banana hangers. most people get them from Bed Bath and Beyond. Towel holders and larger mug racks work well too.

Here is one shot of mine, need to find a decent camera N95 sucks for half decent one when you want them.

a51.png

Thanks guys... I didn't even think to check those places. I'm trying to get my desk setup with all my new hardware, etc. then I'm going to take some pics and post 'em.

some l337 setups!

wel i might as post my one
updated to!

Image027.jpg

Image028.jpg

sory if they are big and crapppyyy quality!

Finally decided to post. I been watchin this forum gathering desk idea's before I purchased my current desk. Here is my current setup. Sorry I just moved into a new home, my only camera is on my phone. My other is still in a brown box somewhere :(

My setup, however will be going back to my 37in Westy for monitor and keeping the XBR for strictly TV and consoles

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

DSC01373.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back