Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha your "office" . with either a lot of coffee breaks, or your a professional gammer

A small update from my last post :)
IMG_8947.jpg

Can I just ask why do you guys need 3 computers in one room? I don't even know what I'm doing with the desktop and the laptop that sits next to me sometimes.

i only have a laptop and desktop but i know how u all feel too.

still, multiple computer setups look sweet in one room :D

i've toyed with the idea of multiple computers, but it is much more cost effective to have one powerful one.

I'm in need of a new desk / workstation. i have limited space and dont know if i should get the Ikea Galant or the Ikea Fredrik. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. thanks

v/r
Kaash

I'm in need of a new desk / workstation. i have limited space and dont know if i should get the Ikea Galant or the Ikea Fredrik. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. thanks

v/r
Kaash

Wrong place for that question...

get the fredrik

i finally have something worth posting.

before:

after:

there are about 60 zip ties employed to keep all those wires hidden, as well as those wire management rack things from ikea.

eventually i'll get new monitors. it'll either be 2 22"s or a large 1080p lcd tv. the black centurion is coming with me to school, and i'll post that setup once its setup.

i finally have something worth posting.

before:

after:

there are about 60 zip ties employed to keep all those wires hidden, as well as those wire management rack things from ikea.

eventually i'll get new monitors. it'll either be 2 22"s or a large 1080p lcd tv. the black centurion is coming with me to school, and i'll post that setup once its setup.

Where'd you two get the desks, what are they? I just have to ask :p

I think we got ours at Office Max or Staples. It wasn't that expensive if I remember correctly. It has held up well for 5+ years.

Where'd you two get the desks, what are they? I just have to ask :p
Yeah, those IKEA Galant desks make excellent PC workstations. I've got a Galant, too. The cool thing about them is their expandability. You can add different size/shape pieces to each side and build the exact desk you want.

Can I just ask why do you guys need 3 computers in one room? I don't even know what I'm doing with the desktop and the laptop that sits next to me sometimes.

I have 3 at my desk and 1 behind me on the 46", I used to have 6 at my old desk but I scaled down a bit.

Honestly do I need that many no I don't but it does save time in doing a few tasks, I usually use one to watch shows on while I am downloading/chatting/ managing files across the network or burning dvds. I tried the whole using one pc thing it lasted a whole 2 months till I built a new one to take care of routine stuff.

some people have file/web servers, HTPCs, Workstations, laptops and Gaming rigs (well I do anyway).

I completely agree with the above post - I have 5 machines that I generally use every day.

1.) firewall (m0n0wall, freeBSD)
2.) file/print server (Debian Linux)
3.) media/torrent (openSuSE Linux)
4.) gaming (win2k)
5.) laptop (OSX/Vista Business)

Having multiple machines is especially handy if the tasks you do require the use of multiple operating systems like me - on an average day, I'm running Windows, Mac OS, BSD & Linux, because each OS is better at some things than the others.

I have 6 in my house

1 games system
1 laptop for work and sitting in bed browsing the net ;)
1 server for torrents, FTP, remote desktop, file share, video stream, openfire, webserver and general test server for any plans I have for work (HP DL380)
1 test server for asterisk
1 HTPC in my bed room with a 32" LCD HDTV
1 HTPC in the living room with 37" LCD HDTV

As I am a IT / Networks manager I need some systems for my home test network, I need my HTPCs to access the videos etc a laptop is a must in the day and age for work and I think quite a few of us have a games system we simply never use for anything other than gaming.

LOCOLAPTOP, why do you have 2 gaming pcs? Is one for LANs when your friends come over or something?

If one is broken or lans. I dont have friends come over, they would rob me. :eek:

LOL. so true. my friend came over and i think he stole my friend's ipod that is staying with me! :eek:

she can't find out where it is.

since these are all awesome setups, everyone DON'T leave out anything in the pics that has your addy if u wanna keep all your nice stuff :eek:

:cool:

Love it. Absolutely adore it. Are you an art student? I see a drafting table but no Wacom tablet or the like.

I love the simplification of your resources. Everything is very accessible and looks so much more opened after you cleaned up. That said, if you decide to get a big LCD TV, it would completely kill the theme you have going.

Love it. Absolutely adore it. Are you an art student? I see a drafting table but no Wacom tablet or the like.

I love the simplification of your resources. Everything is very accessible and looks so much more opened after you cleaned up. That said, if you decide to get a big LCD TV, it would completely kill the theme you have going.

Thanks =o)

No art here (I do sketch on occasion tho). I got really used to using a drafting table at work and needed a versatile surface for when i was just kickin' it at home, so it seemed like a good choice. Its nice for drawing, good for reading and makes a good workbench. I do have a wacom, but its on the shelf in the corner.

The TV idea is really for when I'm away at school. Essentially I'll get my massive desktop, but I'll be able to just chill on my bed and actually watch TV from across the room as opposed to having to actually be at my desk. I'm pretty much gonna wait until boxing day and see what works out to be a better deal. If I have enough funds by then I may just get the 22's for the above room and a TV for school. Time will tell, I suppose.

Viperlover, you have the same 5.1 Dell Surround system as me. i was wondering, how long have you had it, and is your Sub-Woofer dying?

Thanks =o)

No art here (I do sketch on occasion tho). I got really used to using a drafting table at work and needed a versatile surface for when i was just kickin' it at home, so it seemed like a good choice. Its nice for drawing, good for reading and makes a good workbench. I do have a wacom, but its on the shelf in the corner.

The TV idea is really for when I'm away at school. Essentially I'll get my massive desktop, but I'll be able to just chill on my bed and actually watch TV from across the room as opposed to having to actually be at my desk. I'm pretty much gonna wait until boxing day and see what works out to be a better deal. If I have enough funds by then I may just get the 22's for the above room and a TV for school. Time will tell, I suppose.

Boxing Day? You must be Canadian like me. So I need to ask; where did you get that little shelf in your renovated state? I have a lot of junk and that would really help clean things up a little.

That sounds just a tad weird. :eek:

the cat is ok, if he had said that about my talking yoda, then it would have been weird.

ringo is his name, and he is a lolcat in the making....

just gotta come up with a caption

cimg0623gi3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back