Post Your Workstation 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
my fat cat got eaten by coyotes...... :mad:

for the caption i was thinking like:

Iz eatin ur worldz, and superimpose him next to the earth

that is awesome though, the blocking ur vision one. kudos to you sir

gooddesk.jpg

My first post in this thread :) The hi-fi stuff standing on the right column is probably older than quite a few members of this forum :D

img2800ma7.jpg

Holy crap .mad! What kinda speakers are those? Whats ur setup as far as sound? Those are even bigger than my JBLs! Also how much it run ya?

My first post in this thread :) The hi-fi stuff standing on the right column is probably older than quite a few members of this forum :D

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9009/img2800ma7.jpg

hey man.. first glance at the pic and I already knew where you were from ;)
I think my dad has the very same speakers ;) I offered I'd get him some new ones, but he wouldn't feel like getting rid of them.. old school :p

Holy crap .mad! What kinda speakers are those? Whats ur setup as far as sound? Those are even bigger than my JBLs! Also how much it run ya?

They're Altus 120's, as the big plaque on them suggests. Fairly difficult to find.

That said, if you think those are big you should see my Boston Acoustics A400's...I've also got some huge old Sony towers.

Here's my setup. Got rid of the desktop and got me a notebook :D Its wirelessly connected so i can just grab and go :D

They're ~18 year old Altus 120, made by Tonsil - pretty good, old Polish company (but IIRC rather unknown around the world). I had to replace the woofers when surrounds started falling apart (after 16 years of ass-kicking :D ), so I got similar ones, made by the same company. Now I have to replace the mid ranges, as they're starting to fall apart as well (you can see a rip in the upper left part of the left mid range's surround). I can't tell you their power rating, as they were rated about 20 years ago and IIRC there were different power rating standards back then, so the data is now useless. All I can say is that they're loud and pretty much own every computer speakers set I've heard in terms of sound quality (even when using old school, not-so-good amp, shitty cables etc). They're also kinda heavy, one column weights about 30-40 kilograms.

Anyway, they're probably not as good as modern high end or even the better mid end columns, but they're good enough for me and I got them for free from my dad (but had to paint the boxes, insulate them and replace woofers after some time). After replacing the mid ranges they'll be worth something about 300-400$ for a single column. Keep in mind that it's an estimated value and I can be wrong.

In the future I'd like to replace the amp with a good one and add a sub-woofer for the lowest parts of audio spectrum.

TheMostWantedPolishTwin - yeah, of course I'm from Poland :) Gdansk, to be exact.

Here is my workstation, not the best but the system suits me, better than all the ones i have heard, i love my room.
Picture068.jpg
Picture081.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Picture072.jpg

my 15s, theres two in there
Picture069.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Picture084.jpg

Picture087.jpg

Picture086.jpg

Picture085.jpg

the pc next to the speakers on my desk is a pc that imma trade for a 360
i have 4 polk audio r15's and two 15inch lanzar subs, two polk audio tower speakers and two bose bookshelf speakers, and a sony reciever, a kenwood home audio amp, and a optimus equlizer, all hooked up to my pc and ps2.
can someone recommend me a desk?

CRT's are awesome!! and lillimon04 thats what I'm talking about, best desk ever!! :p That thing must be like a rock unlike these new flimsy desks coming out these days!

lol thanks, and ya it is hard as a rock, but i need to repaint it and put new magazine pics on it.

Are they all that wide ?

Edit: Apparently the Jerker has been discontinued for a while now, it seems to have been replaced by the Ikea Fredrik. Does anyone know if the Fredrik is the same compared to the Jerker in terms of structual strength and dimensions ?

Are they all that wide ?

Edit: Apparently the Jerker has been discontinued for a while now, it seems to have been replaced by the Ikea Fredrik. Does anyone know if the Fredrik is the same compared to the Jerker in terms of structual strength and dimensions ?

I have a Fredrik, and it's pretty damn good. Lot's of space. I've seen people put their computers on it. Nice and solid, here's a pic of mine...I'll get a better picture later.
desktop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back