Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For PC I use some Logitech Z10 USB speakers and they are alright.

For home I use a pair of these:
DSC00672.jpg

3153393361_fd5a643d32.jpg

The swan speakers are going great, although Ive experienced some major roll off on highs, but I fixed with some permanent EQing.. not sure how that affect some of my various genres of music..

hi,

that's a zero dac (upgrade version with opamp OPA627) from ebay.. connected to the onboard sound chip AD1988B of the asus p5k-e/wifi using optical s/pdif

audiosetup.jpg

Insignia speakers + Tamp + 12" Dayton Sub = Cheap ownage.

Redoing the wiring so its all messy under the desk right now. That'll get cleaned up soon. (BTW Desk = Door + 1/2" copper pipe for cheap ownage again!)

[*snip*

Insignia speakers + Tamp + 12" Dayton Sub = Cheap ownage.

Redoing the wiring so its all messy under the desk right now. That'll get cleaned up soon. (BTW Desk = Door + 1/2" copper pipe for cheap ownage again!)

I thought the T-Amp could only handle 2 speakers? I may be wrong. How is the sub hooked up?

The sub has high level speaker in/out... so it just goes 'inline' between amp and speakers. You can see speaker in/outs to the right of the rca connectors.
subrear.jpg

I have crossover set at ~100hz which seems to work pretty well.

I'd be worried about that small copper getting kinked and giving way..Coppers weak as hell

My desk?

Yeah that would be possible but there is a wall anchor to stop it from swaying at all. Desk can't even wiggle much less get large enough sway to kink the legs now. I've had this setup for more than a few years now and its fine. Plus theres actually two doors in an L shape and that makes it even more stable... I mean I can get on it and jump around it doesn't move at all.

wallanchor.jpg

3153393361_fd5a643d32.jpg

The swan speakers are going great, although Ive experienced some major roll off on highs, but I fixed with some permanent EQing.. not sure how that affect some of my various genres of music..

where did you get those speaker stands? I been wanting to get stands for my m10's, but don't know what to look for.

Here's a few pics of my humble setup....none of that 5.1 nonsense for me, as I mostly listen to music, and I loathe the noise that comes out of most computer speakers.

Two Behringer MS40 near-field monitors and an M-Audio Studiophile BX10s studio subwoofer. These sound positively incredible, and put my old Klipsch Promedia Ultras to shame. The subwoofer is SERIOUS overkill, it could fill a gymnasium with bass, but I got an awesome deal on it, and I have it set juuuust right. (10% gain)

Audio02.JPG

Audio01.JPG

Audio03.JPG

Here's a few pics of my humble setup....none of that 5.1 nonsense for me, as I mostly listen to music, and I loathe the noise that comes out of most computer speakers.

Despite the fact that it's probably not the most elaborate setup on this thread, your setup has got to be one of my favorites. :)

Can't wait to get myself some MS40's.

Thanks!! I am digging it so far....we'll see how it breaks in over the next few weeks. I had a pretty limited budget after dropping $400 on mobo, ram and proc last week so I am happy with what I got for the money.

That is some serious sound you got there....wow. You could run a gymnasium with those. I bet those mains must weigh a ton!

Two Behringer MS40 near-field monitors and an M-Audio Studiophile BX10s studio subwoofer. These sound positively incredible, and put my old Klipsch Promedia Ultras to shame. The subwoofer is SERIOUS overkill, it could fill a gymnasium with bass, but I got an awesome deal on it, and I have it set juuuust right. (10% gain)

How do you have that all connected to the PC?

Lobing shouldn't be too bad with those. Ribbons work well for line arrays. I personally prefer not to have an array of tweeters, though.

I do remember reading about some types of tweeters in line arrays that can fix the lobing now. The only two things stopping me is the huge sound stage, and the comb filtering. Perhaps a mid bass array with a single tweeter a mid hight and a pair of subs would be best, and some DRC for the comb filtering.

something like this

M
M
M
MT
M
S M

Those are planar drivers not ribbons or "tweeters". The Monsoon pc speakers used them. People on ebay often sell 2, 4 or even a box full of the panels.

Those are planar drivers not ribbons or "tweeters". The Monsoon pc speakers used them. People on ebay often sell 2, 4 or even a box full of the panels.

im not sure theyre same thing that monsoon used. Theyre developed by B&G and used in their loudspeakers as well as martin logans and are sold by gr-research as well

Dude, love your setup, thats slick

Here is my current setup:

ganibaabd.jpg

ganidaabd.jpg

ganifaabd.jpg

Stands are solid wood and home-made to 36" at ear level. I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer so I can stain the wood to match more with my desk.
AV40s sitting on Mopads

If anyone is debating whether or not to get stands for your speakers, absolutely do yourself the favor and get them, especially for near field monitors; having them at ear level is an immense difference. Even mediocre 2.1 sytems can sound better if you elevate them and not have them just sit on your desk. These AV40s produce amazing soundstage and imaging for what they're worth. Sitting between them is like having a third speaker right in front of you that produces warm and crisp vocals while instruments and everything else is playing around you. I absolutely love them. And yes, it blows my old Klipsch 2.1 Promedias out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back