Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought it used from a mate at work, you can still buy them new from a few places though. Model is the Soundstyle XS105.

Always ;) Well, sometimes anyway :p

is this only in the uk? can't seem to find it in the usa

IMG_2650.jpg

a little messy in that pic.. a bit cleaner now

PSB image 2b's
definitive tech bp1 rears
onkyo center and sub :(
onkyo tx-sr304

what stands?

Heres is my modest setup.

100_1253.jpg

Full front end view

100_1255.jpg

Satellite

100_1254.jpg

Sub Woofer

100_1255.jpg

the other satellite

I am proud of my humble setup

Some of us would shudder at seeing Bose in here...

BUT. Question really is, how do they sound to you? If you like them that is all that matters. I've never really A/B listened to Bose vs anything I own so I have no frame of reference. All I know is I severely disliked their headphones.

BUT. Question really is, how do they sound to you? If you like them that is all that matters. I've never really A/B listened to Bose vs anything I own so I have no frame of reference. All I know is I severely disliked their headphones.

A friend of mine at college has the set pictured above. They sound awful - extremely bass heavy, muddy midrange, treble sounds out of place.

Bose tunes their stuff to sound good to average people - i.e. heavy bass and sparkly treble. they dont care if it's neutral or whatever, they just like that it's BOSE (Buy Other Sound Equipment).

Not to mention they're really expensive. I've listened to thosee next to the Logitech x-530 and they sound a million times better, but then again that's expected and I've never really heard a NICE speaker setup.

I figured I would get that response.

I had the Klipsch 2.1 series previously. These BOSE sound fantastic...Even my wife had to sit down and was amazed by them.

I am quite pleased...Plus I got them for 199.00, so half the price.

But I am still happy with them. And wanted to share. Thanks for not giving me too much crap for having them. :)

I am very pleased with how they sound. Movies and music sound 100 times better than my Klipsch 2.1's

bose making awful awful sounding equipment is a misconception to all those with minimal knowledge to head-fi game. many people buy their products and are more than happy with the results, which is fine. Those that take their listening more seriously know the difference of sound quality that can be bought from price amount A to price amount B. the problem with bose is their price for B doesn't deliver performance increases that can be found with other manufacturers. I have a bose ipod dock that gets loud and works perfectly for parties in the garage while playing beer pong. The thing does do remarkably well for its performance in a small form factor. Is bose in my living room? lol god no

Ok, then ignore my BOSE post guys. I apologize...I didnt know BOSE was hated that much. Laugh

BUT. Question really is, how do they sound to you? If you like them that is all that matters.

Basically what my comment was going to be, but I saw you already summed it up.

If you're happy with what you're hearing Jordan, than don't worry what anyone's opinion here is. And for $200 that seems like a pretty decent deal.

I'm not a fan of Bose, but I've never been able to tolerate anything I've heard from Klipsch either and a lot of audio enthusiasts seem to really like their prodcuts. To me it all seems along the same line as someone preferring monitor audio speakers over paradigm because they sound more clear.
With Bose, a lot of people just don't know of anything better to listen or just give too much ear to the sales hype. Some people just don't take the time to appreciate the sound that can come out of less publicly known brands for the same price or even less money. But I think it's also perfectly reasonable to assume that some people really might prefer the more artificial sound from Bose and other like brands, even if the rest of us can't understand or believe it.

thanks guys. I feel so much better now. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I enjoyed sharing the pics anyway. I dont do that very often. :)

Oh yeah. Put this in a random genmay thread - here's for you guys. Sorry about the shitty lighting in my apartment.

workstationj.jpg

Sub's under the desk, see the headphone thread. I'm lazy. :D

Thought I would share my computer speakers, designed and built by me. I did a $100 budget build on some bookshelfs that turned out rather nice. I used Hi-Vi tweeters and some silverflute 5.5" woofers. Ported enclosure to 55hz tuning frequency. Also, made a powered 8" subwoofer with a tang band neo sub, and bought a PC board design online and built a 100watt plate amp for it. Anyway, here are some pics. Nothing special but it is better than most store bought stuff for a PC ;) They are powered by an older sony es receiver. I am also using sennheiser hd485 headphones.
link: http://ebaudio.com/JB-PC1/

IMG_6411.JPG

IMG_6386.JPG

finished3.JPG

super budget xo's (lol), I didn;t feel like etching a board for these
xo2.JPG

subwoofer stuff: http://ebaudio.com/sub_amp_project

amp_mounted2.jpg

^^ nicely done.

Is that an ikea desk with custom monitor/speaker shelves added?

looks sweet.

Fellow Emotiva fan here :) Nice amp... which one is it? I have the UPA-7.

XPA-3 with only the LS-6 running to it. got it for $615 after everything was said and done from emotiva during a sale... 225 watts for chump change in the audiophile world.

XPA-3 with only the LS-6 running to it. got it for $615 after everything was said and done from emotiva during a sale... 225 watts for chump change in the audiophile world.

i know what you mean... i got the UPA-7 on sale as well, biamping my Polk RTi10's with it and it just has limitless volume potential now :D

my modest college apartment setup:

0324091714Stitch.jpg

well, i guess it's my only setup hahaha. even after working 2 jobs over the summer, i'm a stereotypical "poverty-struck" college student.

pictures were stitched together with that windows live photo thing, so somethings might look off or crooked.

Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
Denon DRA-395 Receiver
Insignia bookshelf speakers.
KLH 12" Subwoofer on other side of room
Speakers are using Monster Z1 speaker cable. (got it for free :))

I'm thinking about picking up some Polk M10's or another pair of Insignia's to put on the other side of the bedroom for 'B' stereo speakers. Would also be a reason to upgrade to a 5.1 Denon Receiver.

ikea1.jpg

I was feeling antsy while visiting my girlfriends parents in michigan and now I'm waiting on four of those insignias to arrive sometime next week. Got em off ebay, and they've got a cheap paradigm center thrown in with them. I figured I can use two to probably take place of my current rears. Then the other two can either go as a gift to my father if he likes them or my roommate for his plasma in the living room.
It's a double win! For someone at least.

Really a shame that I'm not a fan of the glossy speakers though, but I'll still admit they're purdy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back