Post your Speaker setup PICS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL styder.... those speakers look so out of proportion to that monitor. Anyway, those are great speakers! I almost bought some at CC but they were sold out so i got some polks instead

re-arranged my desk and am now using my Alesis Speakers on my main machine.
desk-06.jpg

speaker.jpg

I am trying to find another monitor, a Samsung 997DF so that it looks symetrical.

awesome choice of speakers WS6..

brainc0de-100_0997.JPG

brainc0de-11100_1010.JPG

old pics, i have recently moved everything around to a different area in my apartment, but haven't finished yet... .' /

Nice workstation you have there BrainC0DE.
What's your main use for that equipment?

towert7 said:
Nice workstation you have there BrainC0DE.
What's your main use for that equipment?

ohh just getting into some producing/composing.. Trance/Rock/Classical or anything good.

TheMostWantedPolishTwin said:
yeah BrainC0DE - nice equipment..

thanks~

REVELS! haha my dad has those (audiophile)

those things cost more than a decent car!

props

Steve01S4 said:

Audio Aero Capitole MKII (sitting on Black Diamond Racing cones, Shunyata King Cobra V2 power cord) --> Nordost Frey RCA 1.5m --> Lamm M2.1 (sitting on Zoethecus Z-block amp stands, Nordost Valhalla power cords on the way) --> Nordost Frey 2m biwire speaker cable --> Revel Studios.

The Capitole MKII has 5 digital inputs and a built in tube preamp. One of my PCs (running amaroK on Linux) is connected with coax digital to the Capitole. The Capitole connects directly to the Lamm monoblocks, which are hybrid 200w monoblocks. Each amp has one 6922 vacuum tube in it, sandwiched in between solid state input and output stages. This is the second pair of Revel Studios I've owned. I stupidly sold my first pair when I moved a few years ago, and tried to get out of the whole audiophile game. I bought Bang & Olufsen, which looks spectacular, but didn't really provide any listening pleasure. After a long search, I decided that the Studios were still the best speaker in their price range to my ears, so I bought another pair.

The Revels, though very good, are likely the weak link in the system at this point, as far as major components go. My next major upgrade will most likely be speakers, to either Kharma Midi Exquisites, Avalon Isis, or Marten Design Coltranes. As you might guess from that list, I like ceramic drivers and diamond tweeters. Sadly, big upgrades have big price tags, so those aren't going to happen too soon.

As far as smaller upgrades, I think I'd like to swap out the King Cobra V2 power cord on the Capitole for the new Shunyata Anaconda Helix Vx, but I need to audition it again once the Valhallas are here for the amps. I'm hoping I can switch to all HRS vibration control for the system by the end of the year, and probably will upgrade my interconnects and speaker cables to some combination of Nordost Valhalla, Stealth Indra, and/or Jorma Prime sometime in 2007.

BrainC0DE said:
awesome choice of speakers WS6..

thanks.
they are so clean and crisp and play really really loud. CS:S and BF2 sound totally different on these than my cheap logitech speakers.
It also looks like you have the bluetooth MX setup? Looks like my setup I had on my other machine, bluetooth MX900 mouse and bluetooth keyboard.

Nice speaker placement Karan (and clean setup).

Did you ever think of putting the center channel under your monitor? I wonder if it would sound better than being high above you. Although, now that I look at it, it doesn't seem too high up.

Nice monitor too. 204B?

thanks towert7 :) yes it is possible to keep it on the floor ( about 3 feet below monitor) or behind the monitor itself. finally i went with above (only 1 foot above my head) seems to work fine from there. the monitor is a recently purchased 215TW, quite happy with it too :)

my new monitors (KRK RP8's).. found them for a fantastic deal online for $338 shipped. I have since moved my Alesis Monitor One's that I have had since 96' to the bedroom. :D

P1010221.JPG

P1010183.jpg

P1010190.jpg

Nice Alesis monitors to the two who had them up top :D

Mine are doing amazing, and they are priced pretty decently

GodsMadClown said:
[size=+2]What sort of [equipment] should I get?[/size]
To make useful recommendations, you need to give proper information.​
  • Give your budget.

How much are you willing to spend to listen to good sound? You might think this computer hobby is expensive but, the amount you could spend for audio can make what you spent on your new computer look like pennies. However unlike high priced computer gear, quality audio equipment does not really become obsolete. Good gear can give years, even decades of excellent service.​
  • Tell us how and where you might use the equipment.

Do you plan to use your computer audio rig to listen primarily to music, play lots of games, and/or watch movies on your computer? List a few kinds of music, games, and movies you like. Give us the size of the room, and how the speakers and listeners might be placed.​
  • Tell us what other audio equipment you have on hand.

It makes little sense recommending uber-speakers if you plan to run them off some crappy integrated sound implementation. Also, where available, old speakers or receivers might be rolled in to the solution to produce good sound for rather little money.​

Im willing to spend 400-500 max.

I plan on playing some BF2, listening to music, and the occasional movie.

The type of music I listen to is heavy metal/death metal/alternative/reggae

The audio equipment on hand, isn't much. Im going to purchase an Xfi sound card, the 100 dollar one.

I dont have any old speakers or receivers, other then shitty logitech x5300s

thank you.

Dark2Light2 said:
Im willing to spend 400-500 max.

I plan on playing some BF2, listening to music, and the occasional movie.

The type of music I listen to is heavy metal/death metal/alternative/reggae

The audio equipment on hand, isn't much. Im going to purchase an Xfi sound card, the 100 dollar one.

I dont have any old speakers or receivers, other then shitty logitech x5300s

thank you.
This is not the thread to ask this question.
You should start a new thread in the computer audio subforum.
This thread is to show off your speaker setup ^_^.

~Good luck

recycled some gear into the bedroom.. and made room for the 42" :)

bedroom.jpg

I wonder why you have them laying on their sides, magnetik.

Anyway, no pics yet, but I've replaced the satellites and sub in my crappy Logitech 2.1 system (X-220, IIRC). Satellites are Hi-Vi B3S full-range drivers in fake-ebony-veneered 1" particle board open baffles. Sub is a scavenged ~0.5ft^3 box with an Orion Cobalt 8 driver.

454Casull said:
I wonder why you have them laying on their sides, magnetik.

Anyway, no pics yet, but I've replaced the satellites and sub in my crappy Logitech 2.1 system (X-220, IIRC). Satellites are Hi-Vi B3S full-range drivers in fake-ebony-veneered 1" particle board open baffles. Sub is a scavenged ~0.5ft^3 box with an Orion Cobalt 8 driver.

look again, they aren't on their side ;)

Quick update to the speaker setup. Got some isolation feet to reduce the bass resonance on my desk. They helped quite a bit ^_^.
8-2-2006.jpg

isofeet2.jpg

And look what just came in a day ago!!!!!!!
My new classical guitar! (I'm so happy)
The thing's a beauity, and the picture doesn't do it a bit of justice.
guitar.jpg

Pinipig523 said:
Tower,

Did you glue those feet or screw them in?

Joey
The speaker is just resting on them with a layer of foam inbetween the base of the speaker and the metal spike foot. link

dsc02660mediumlb4.jpg

dsc02662mediumap9.jpg

dsc02663mediumil4.jpg

dsc02666mediumkc1.jpg

dsc02672mediumqu5.jpg

Yea thats a custom TC Sounds driver....you like it :cool:

Front speakers: Polk R15's
Center Chan: A center channel from the "HSU Ventriloquist" set, I need to upgrade to a matching polk channel.
Rear Speakers: HSU Ventriloquist satallites
Subwoofer: SVS PB10-ISD
Receiver: Harman\Kardon AVR330

Steve01S4: Your setup is truly amazing. I used to be big on audio, had a decent system I put about $5000 or so into. Then I got out of audio and dropped more money into my pc setup. Amazing speakers, amazing amps, amazing everything. Nice job :)

maverick777 said:
Here's my speaker setup. Finally got some stands for my rears. Let me know what you guys think.
SurroundSound.jpg

I like it. I just ordered those speakers. I;ve heard that they have noticable hiss. Is it really bad, or is it acceptable?

Also, how do those bad boys sound?!

you only notice the hiss if it's turned up pretty loud with nothing playing. If it bothers you then just hit the mute button on the controller. They sound incredible with my X-Fi card. I think it was a steal at $119.99. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Nice speaker placement maverick777 and J-M-E. It's always Nice to see people using speaker stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back