Post your Ryzen memory speeds!

Can someone please tell me how to get my FSB to 100Mhz I can't stand the 99.80 shit I'm OCD and it kills me. Virtualization is off, using the latest official bios. Asus Prime B350

Set it to 101 if you have the option. FSB will fluctuate a little as the system operates. It's not a static condition.
Edit B350 may not have the option

Set it to 101 if you have the option. FSB will fluctuate a little as the system operates. It's not a static condition.
Edit B350 may not have the option

Yeah, I don't think I can modify the FSB on this chipset. In any case, I'll get over it. I just like round numbers, 3942ghz isnt as satisfying as 3950ghz but I'll deal with it! Thanks anyway.

Can someone please tell me how to get my FSB to 100Mhz I can't stand the 99.80 shit I'm OCD and it kills me. Virtualization is off, using the latest official bios. Asus Prime B350
Try turning off "Spread Spectrum".

Or use HWiNFO64 and edit the readout for Base Clock (BCLK) by changing the "Multiple" to be the decimal value needed (1.00201 will get you to 100.000598)

Has anyone had any success with getting 4 sticks to run at 3200MHz? I brought two kits of the FlareX memory and two sticks work with my MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, but 4 won't boot past 2933MHz.

Has anyone had any success with getting 4 sticks to run at 3200MHz? I brought two kits of the FlareX memory and two sticks work with my MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, but 4 won't boot past 2933MHz.

no i believe 2933 is pretty much the limit right now, maybe in later bios it'll improve but i doubt it. either way compared to the old limit for 4 sticks 2933 is pretty damn good improvement.

Went back to basics on my system, to get it stable and I managed to get Stock CPU at DDR4-3200 with default timings stable in Prime95 (at least what I consider stable, which is not dropping any threads after an hour, since most times it ends up dropping some within a few minutes at best).

Settings are as follows (if it is not stated, then it's set to Auto):
CPU Stock @ Auto Volts (3.5GHz XFR, 1.212V under load)
CPU-NB (SoC) 0.975V (0.969V idle, 0.962V under load)
DRAM DDR4-3200 @ 1.36V (1.36V idle, 1.375V under load)
LLC's: Power Duty Control set to "Current Balance" on both CPU and CPU-NB; DRAM Phase Control "Disabled"
Timings: 15-15-15-35 1T; GearDownMode "Disable"; ProcODT 53.3Ohm

The GearDownMode set to Disabled is required in order to use the Odd number tCL and various other subtimings such as tCWL (tWCL).
ProcODT is, apparently, 53.3 Ohm on Auto, not certain if that changes when running on higher DRAM speeds, but Chew's rule of thumb was "if you have a strong IMC then 43.6 Ohm for 3200, 48 Ohm for 3333, 53.3 Ohm for 3466, and to set them at the same time as setting DRAM speeds". Also said, referring to the Titanium, "If you need 48 Ohm at 3200 on the MSI.... you basically have a pretty weak IMC.... like mine" (though, assuming he's using the exact same chip that he does in his Taichi, that doesn't mean it won't run RAM at high speeds, as he's managed some quite impressive results so far). I just used 53.3 to try and ensure stability, but previously have been able to run 3200 at 48Ohm, and will eventually try it again after tweaking.

Right now I'm trying to dial in his Tight Timings @ 3200 (which are the same as his 3333 set), even though they were created with his Taichi and there's zero promise they'll work on other boards heh
First try wouldn't POST, and I got the dreaded 00 code, which is a pain in the ass since it gets far enough not to trigger the reboot-cycle. Not quite knowing what to adjust I just raised the tWR to 16T and tFAW to 23T (which are from 2133, as are most of the timings in his Tightened Public Daily-Usage set). Oh and the tRC is at 60T because I've had poor luck so far when running close to the tRP+tRAS=tRC value. While that indeed got me to Windows A-OK, and was fine for waking up from Sleep, it eventually started dropping Worker Threads in Prime95 (Custom Blend with 14GB) after about 10-15mins.
I simply lack the experience to know whether or not that's unstable enough to cause problems with gaming, so I'm erring on the side of caution and will just attempt to get it completely stable.

Last edited:

I'm in the same boat with my Dom Plats they're rated for 3000MHz but 2 sticks have run 3200MHz without issues on my past Z270/Z170 boards, as well as on my X370 Fatality Pro but with only 2 sticks... I can boot into windows with 4 sticks @3200MHz do everything from gaming (have not tested for more than 30 minutes or so, so that's not saying a whole lot) to basic tasks but only a few seconds into Cinebench R15 kaputz it goes...

Also to run 4 sticks @2933MHz on my Fatality Pro I have to up CPU vcore to 1.375v and RAM voltage @1.36 vs 2 sticks @3200MHz only need 1.35v on CPU vcore and 1.37v RAM voltage.

Last edited:
Stumbled across a bit o' info that might help our Dual-Rank brethren gain stability at higher DRAM speeds :D

Originally Posted by The Stilt

Few suggestions regarding the controls allowed by the new (AGESA 1.0.0.6) bioses:

- In case you run into a MEMCLK hole, adjust the CLDO_VDDP voltage. The VDDP adjustment window is rather narrow, usually < 100mV. Also the window is neither static or linear. Because of that the setting which is optimal for frequency x might not be optimal for frequency y. Also since the window is not linear, but more of a wave form e.g. VDDP at 975mV might work perfectly fine whereas 980mV won't be able to train the memory. The MEMCLK hole is both CPU and DRAM specific, but so far I haven't seen any evidence it being motherboard specimen specific. This means that swapping either the CPU or the memory (to another CPU or modules) might either introduce or the get rid of the MEMCLK hole. Personally I have 100% success rate in clearing the MEMCLK hole with CLDO_VDDP adjustment (1x R7 1700, 1x R7 1800X and 2x R7 1700X). All of the MEMCLK holes on these CPUs have been cleared using 937 - 1000mV setting. Do note that when you change the CLDO_VDDP voltage, saving the bios settings will not put the new CLDO_VDDP voltage into effect, since the CLDOs can only be programmed during a cold reset or a cold boot. Because of that I suggest that you save the new CLDO_VDDP value and press the reset button before the system has booted up again. Also CLDO_VDDP must be at least 100mV lower than the DRAM voltage at all times. Regardless it is not recommended to exceed 1050mV.

- For Samsung B-die dual rank modules I suggest that 96Ohm ProcODT is used.

It's that last line that is particular interest for you guys/gals.

Also on the C6H, apparently the default CLDO is 0.950V according to Elmor; however, AMD has stated that the default is 0.900. As such, I can only assume it's a special case on the C6H, so in general for all the other board's (perhaps even by ASUS) it should be assumed to be set to 0.900V if on "Auto".

Also of worth, in my opinion, for anyone like me who have Odd timed kits:
Originally Posted by elmor

If setting Command Rate or Geardown, please note Geardown = Enable is only possible with Command Rate = 1T (default at 2666+). Additionally CAS Latency is required to be an even number when Geardown is Enabled, some of you might have noticed.
This will allow you run ODD timed Cas Latencies (tCL). For example my kit is rated at DD4-3200 15-15-15-35, but until the latest AGESA I was stuck with running either 14-15-15-35 or 16-15-15-35. Changing the GearDown to Disabled allows me to run at 15-15-15-35.
DO NOTE: The Command Rate on Auto will set at 2T. Further comment by him left me a bit perplexed as to whether or not changing this to 1T actually runs it as that, or not. However, I've set mine to 1T, it reflects in the BIOS as 1T, and all software detects it running at 1T... therefore I've just been assuming it is. *shrug*

Additionally...
I'm not sure what the programming rules for tCWL are in this specific version, but make sure it is in sync with tCL on dual rank modules. Also if you're running high VDDCR_SoC voltages, try lowering it a bit (< 1.100V). Other than that there is not much you can do about it.
GENERALLY for that you have the tCWL set to tCL-1 or tCL-2. Therefore, at tCL of 14T you'd set it to tCWL 13T or tCWL 12T. Keep in mind that the aforementioned GearDown has to be Disabled to run Odd on tCWL as well, at least in my experience. Setting it to 13T will automatically run at 14T, so the next available choice is 12T. Mind you I haven't yet tried tCWL of 13T since disabling GearDown, so I'm only assuming it allows for Odds on that as well, but I'm sure it will. (I'm running at 14T currently)
[EDIT: clarified last sentence; italicized are the additions]

This I have no clue if it'll be of use, but given I've not come across any other info tutoring us on this aspect, I think it's damn worth passing along. Gives me more hope in being able to get 3333 perfectly stable, as well as potentially getting 3466 to survive in Windows for more than a few seconds.

Those who are able to train the memory at high speeds (>=3466MHz), but are unable to stabilize it due to signaling issues, I suggest that you try decreasing the "Command & Address" related drive currents (increasing the resistance).

AMD CBS > UMC Common Options > DDR4 Common Options > CAD Bus Configuration > CAD Bus Drive Strength User Controls:

Clock Drive Strength = 30.0Ohm
Address / Command Drive Strength = 30.0Ohm
CS / ODT Drive Strength = 30.0Ohm
CKE Drive Strength = 30.0Ohm

24.0Ohm is the default value for all of them, at >=2666MHz MEMCLK (regardless of the DRAM configuration).

These values are not very sensitive so anything up to 60Ohms should allow you to train the memory.

At default settings (24.0Ohms) anything above 3466MHz was unstable due to signaling issues (only B2 DIMM slot was able to run 3600MHz stable).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nobu
like this
OK. I think I've finally got something nailed down; see the screenshot below. It was taken after a 2-hour Prime95 blend test. I also ran the memory through Memtest86 overnight with no errors. This is running 4x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz C14, F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW. Motherboard is an ASRock Taichi X370 running FW 2.40. VDimm is set to 1.375V, not entirely sure why it shows in HWiNFO as 1.392. ProcODT is set to 53, and despite what RTC says, I did enable BankGroupSwap(Alt) in the BIOS.

0MvlV3e.png

OK. I think I've finally got something nailed down; see the screenshot below. It was taken after a 2-hour Prime95 blend test. I also ran the memory through Memtest86 overnight with no errors. This is running 4x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz C14, F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW. Motherboard is an ASRock Taichi X370 running FW 2.40. VDimm is set to 1.375V, not entirely sure why it shows in HWiNFO as 1.392. ProcODT is set to 53, and despite what RTC says, I did enable BankGroupSwap(Alt) in the BIOS.

lol was about to say i recognize that background for some reason and realized you were the same person that posted on the overclock forum thread, lol. glad to see you figured out how to get 4 sticks running at 3200.

Lol yeah, I've been devouring the information people (especially chew*) have been posting there, as well as seeing what luck people here have been having. Thought I'd share my results in both places.

Being that r7 is dual channel there is no benefit of 4 sticks unless you want capacity. Get two 16gb modules and youl be good for 32 @ 3,200,000,000 hz

Well, I'd been buying parts kinda piecemeal and I'd actually been intending to go X299 originally. The memory had been on sale on Newegg so I bought it. If any of my friends end up doing an X299 build, I'll probably arrange a trade or something. Trying to make the most of it in the interim.

You actually want the BankGroupSwap settings Disabled for lower Latency, but it has the trade-off of lower Bandwidth too. On mine with both Disabled, in AIDA64 I lost roughly 1GB/s, but had shown no improvement on Latency. In the end I just left 'em at Auto. There are two settings though, but the current RTC only displays one. Stilt has a version that has both but hasn't released it yet. So while you have BankGroupSwap(Alt) set to Enabled, it is not the same setting as BankGroupSwap.

I am loving those miss-readings on your VRMs though! lmao Got a real good chuckle out of 'em. Almost -1,700,000 Celcius and 1,590,000 Watts on CPU-NB VRM :woot:

I was about to post the same article ;)
The DDR4 memory frequency posted is 2,039.6 MHz, which in double data rate terms means DDR4-4079. The rig he used was based on a GIGABYTE AORUS AX370-Gaming K7 motherboard (F4 BIOS) using a single 8GB stick of G.SKILL Trident Z E-die memory (F4-3600C17-4GTZ) using 18-20-20-58-93-1 timings

And this then made me cry:
The AMD Ryzen chip he used was a Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor down clocked to 800MHz .

If this is the only way to get to 4000 mhz then I hope that the next iteration of Zen is a little better on this front.

Seems the new bios raised the limit for extreme overclockers to over 4000 mhz which is a good sign of improvemnent:
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/am...en-by-overclocker-newlife-to-ddr4-4079-2.html

If they can get Raven Ridge memory to run 4000 mhz by the time it releases, it should be a pretty awesome APU.

Seems like a rather poorly written, or quickly written, news post just for some clicks :sour:

Hilbert said:
The DDR4 memory frequency posted is 2,039.6 MHz, which in double data rate terms means DDR4-4079. The rig he used was based on a GIGABYTE AORUS AX370-Gaming K7 motherboard (F4 BIOS) using a single 8GB stick of G.SKILL Trident Z E-die memory (F4-3600C17-4GTZ) using 18-20-20-58-93-1 timings. The AMD Ryzen chip he used was a Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor down clocked to 800MHz . Although the AMD Ryzen platform will probably never compete with Intel in terms of raw memory frequencies due to the way the platform architecture is designed, it is clear that the company is making real improvements to its first ever DDR4 capable platform.

First is the fact it's reported as 8GB when it's a 4GB stick as per the model number (last comment states the same thing). Which who knows if it's really E-Die or not, as the comments seem to think it's B-Die... However if the timings are originally offset like he has then I'm sure it is E-Die.
Then there's the fact the CPU is clocked at 800MHz, with who knows how many cores disabled (I have to run errands or I'd read the original source). Which he goes on to express that he feels AMD is making real improvements... I love AMD with all my heart but this is really pushing it! :ROFLMAO: It's a single unique case with a CPU functioning nowhere near it's intended frequencies, with unmentioned cooling/voltage on the NB or RAM.
Finally the glaring error that it's AMD's first DDR4 platform which simply isn't true. AMD has had a DDR4 capable CPU for what... nearing 2 years now I think? The Carrizo they launched originally for industrial signage systems was DDR4 capable, and then early last year they launched it for laptop usage. I should know, mine has an FX-9800P with DDR4 :p

Oh well. It says he posted it at 8am, so I'll just chalk it up to a grogy morning-brain. heh

Well I guess the point is that AMD is doing what they can to increase memory speed on the AM4 platforms. 3200 mhz was unheard of for a consumer but now many can get that. Who knows what we will see in 6 months.

as far as the information i've found 3600-4000mhz gskill trident is guaranteed to be B-die where as 3000-3200 there's a few different chips they use depending on the timing of the ram and whether it's single or dual rank.

as far as the information i've found 3600-4000mhz gskill trident is guaranteed to be B-die where as 3000-3200 there's a few different chips they use depending on the timing of the ram and whether it's single or dual rank.

I'm not to sure on what you are getting at but supposedly all of it is Samsung. The low latency are (14) . check it yourself:
http://www.softnology.biz/

Thaiphoon Burner is the number one solution on the software market to work with SPD firmware of DRAM modules of PC. It is designed to meet the needs of both end-users and companies specializing in memory modules production for personal computers.

It does display vendor and version of the die

Well I guess the point is that AMD is doing what they can to increase memory speed on the AM4 platforms. 3200 mhz was unheard of for a consumer but now many can get that. Who knows what we will see in 6 months.

I don't think we'll see higher speeds than what can be achieved currently. That would require a new revision of Ryzen, with the Infinity Fabric clock de-coupled from the RAM clock, or support for higher Infinity Fabric clock speeds. When running DDR4 at 4000 MT/s, your're overclocking the IF by 50% (max officially supported by AMD is 2667 MHz). To put that into perspective, a 50% core overclock on the 1800X would put it at ~5.5 GHz.

As long as they get 3200 MHz reliably on all motherboards and with all RAM modules rated for this speed by the manufacturer (including those with Hynix IC's etc.), that should be good enough.

Last edited:
Man this took me awhile to find! Figured it merited dusting off since 300-series boards are now getting the 1.0.0.2a PinnaclePI AGESA which carries with it RAM benefits, not JUST for the Ryzen+ boards :) So instead of clogging up other threads with my own results...

Got it flashed to my Titanium and after changing the voltage for the CPU down (since it's absurdly high by default, at 1.47V), all I did was up the NB/SoC voltage to 1.05V and clicked "Memory Try It !", selecting "3466 16-18-18-36" (which applies 1.40V DRAM), then let it sail!

SUCCESS! For now at least. It was able to handle the entire gamut of AIDA64 benchmarks as well as the hidden Cache & Memory Latency test :D
Compared to my 3200 with rather tightened sub-timings profile, the Read speeds are up, the Write speeds are the same, and the Copy speeds are down. Latency is the same, surprisingly. Though, at 3466 all the subtimngs are crap since they were on Auto, so there is much work to do yet!

Going to try for 3600 next, though I'm really not expecting THAT one to work lol

This is with my 3200 15-15-15-36 Trident Z kit, BTW. I had them running stable at 14-14-14-34 1.36V for the last year, so I'm hoping at least 3466 @ 16-16-16, but will cross my fingers for 15-15-15.

EDIT: Weeelll, I'm not surprised 3600 16-18-18-38 doesn't POST. Gave it 1.075V on the SoC and 1.41V on the DRAM, as per Ryzen DRAM Calc. I'll try applying some of the advanced options, since Auto may be what's holding me back...

EDIT 2: Ok I'm writing off 3600 for now. However, 3533 is showing promise, as it actually POSTs, albeit BSODs on Windows loading. Furthest I got was to the Welcome User screen. Which is a shitload better than 3600, which F9's and in my experience, that's a sign of "not worth the effort". heh

Last edited:
Man, I changed my 1800x for a 2700x and on the same board, BIOS and RAM I'm able to do 3600 17-18-18-38 vs only being able to get truly stable at 2933 16-16-16-36.

All told... Is the ram speed and cpu mhz worth the $330?

Straight up swap? Definitely not. Especially since my 1800X would do 4050mhz at 1.375V. Although PUBG is MUCH smoother now which I also noticed on the old CPU, moving from 2133mhz to 2666+ added a lot of smoothness to that game.

But I had a friend that wanted a rig so I sold him my old setup before I moved to ITX. The case, Gigabyte X370 Gaming 7, 750W PSU and RX 560 had been sitting there in the closet for a while so we just got an 8GB memory kit and moved my old 1800X over and selling that to him covered the cost of the switch and then some.

Man, I changed my 1800x for a 2700x and on the same board, BIOS and RAM I'm able to do 3600 17-18-18-38 vs only being able to get truly stable at 2933 16-16-16-36.
Same board and RAM as I have? Or same setup as you had with your 1800X?

All told... Is the ram speed and cpu mhz worth the $330?
If you look at the performance gap then what is coming with Zen2 is less of a gamble then this Zen+ is.
Supposedly the improvements not only from lower nm process are much bigger for Zen2.

running my flarex 3200 @3533 14-14-14-14 1.45v, Asus ROG Strix x370F, 1600x...itll run 3600 cl14 but only for an hr or so...

I was going to go to the 2700x, but I saw a few others fail to be able to sell their 1700x on here for respectable prices.

I was going to go to the 2700x, but I saw a few others fail to be able to sell their 1700x on here for respectable prices.

Depends on what you consider respectable. 6700k/7700k prices are in the shitter also at sub $200. But I don't know why anyone would pay more than $180-200 for a 1700X.

Although, in fairness, aren't you're the guy looking for a bargain basement pricing on RAM in FS/FT? Seems a little disingenuous to then want top dollar for a 1700X.

running my flarex 3200 @3533 14-14-14-14 1.45v, Asus ROG Strix x370F, 1600x...itll run 3600 cl14 but only for an hr or so...

The memory controller on my 1600x was much better than my 1700. I haven't tried running my FlareX at anything more than rated speeds, but nice to know there might be some headroom.

Depends on what you consider respectable. 6700k/7700k prices are in the shitter also at sub $200. But I don't know why anyone would pay more than $180-200 for a 1700X.

Although, in fairness, aren't you're the guy looking for a bargain basement pricing on RAM in FS/FT? Seems a little disingenuous to then want top dollar for
a 1700X.

There is an artificial shortage of DDR4 caused by monopolistic market manipulation causing the prices to rise to 200% more than what they were a year ago. I don't think me not wanting to pay those prices (especially for RAM that could be at least a year old and bought for much cheaper) is comparable to making a decision not to sell my 1700x due to what the market is yielding for it.

There is an artificial shortage of DDR4 caused by monopolistic market manipulation causing the prices to rise to 200% more than what they were a year ago. I don't think me not wanting to pay those prices (especially for RAM that could be at least a year old and bought for much cheaper) is comparable to making a decision not to sell my 1700x due to what the market is yielding for it.

If wanting to buy low and sell high is disingenuous, then the entire forum membership is also disingenuous.

What are the original timings on your kit? And when did you buy it?
Also, would you be willing to post a RyzenTimingsChecker screenshot and share what you're running for all the voltages (if you've manually set any)? Pretty pretty please? lol

I've been fighting with getting my system running at 3533,

The memory controller on my 1600x was much better than my 1700. I haven't tried running my FlareX at anything more than rated speeds, but nice to know there might be some headroom.
I think that the new AGESA for the Zen+ is perhaps more the star of the show, which I was originally giving credit to Zen+ as being tweaks that allowed for higher speeds... But given Below Ambient's clocks and my own achievement, I can't quite say it's architecture tweaks now heh
That being said, I definitely say you should flah whatever BIOS you can get that includes the 1.0.0.2a PinnaclePI AGESA and try for higher DRAM! Even if you have 3200 RAM it feels like 3466 is going to be doable. What timings, I dunno, but definitely worth a try.

Which, on that note...

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
While this may not be possible for every motherboard, but for anyone who isn't aware of this already (to spare you having to read through this entire thread), if you set GearDownMode to DISABLED you should then be able to run Odd numbered tCL (CAS) Latencies. This way you will not have to go from, say, 14-14-14-34 at 3200, to 16-16-16-36 just to get 3466 stable. With GearDownMode set to Disabled, you'll be able to use 15-15-15-35 and it won't be forced to 16-15-15-35. Just be sure to set the Command Rate (tCR) to 1T as on Auto with GDM Disabled it may switch to 2T and as such lower your performance (specifically, it'll increase latency).

Of course, if you haven't already read through these, they'll help you understand some DRAM settings better. Specifically, what they do, how they may help, and what kind of results they can have in terms of performance:
Lets talk DRAM!
Memory OC Showdown: Frequency vs Timings

Hopefully this'll help some of you run higher speeds and keep overall latency down! :D

If wanting to buy low and sell high is disingenuous, then the entire forum membership is also disingenuous.

Maybe I incorrectly assigned a motive in my post, and I was wrong for doing so. I think I just meant more that it was ironic as in you're looking to get a 25-33% bargain on the market rate of RAM and flatly said you wouldn't pay market pricing in your thread, but wouldn't even consider parting with your 1700X for a similar 25-33% bargain.

Back