Post your Ryzen memory speeds!

GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-HD3
G.SKILL FORTIS Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Loaded up out the box at 2666 speed with 18 CAS. I really recommend going FORTIS or Flare X for best compatibility with Ryzen.

So far I like it a lot. The bios post has been getting faster with each new bios which was my main concern. The latest bios I mentioned has a better look and more ram features so it has been improving steadily. For just under 100 shipped from newegg it's a solid value.

The location of the Nvme slot under the gpu is a shame since it can get toasty when moving data/installing software.

The Asrock B350m Pro4 has a better Nvme drive location but I haven't seen many reviews of that board yet.
The Mortar definitely looks to be a nice board, it is probably either that one or the Biostar B350 GT3 (mainly because of PState overclocking/underclocking which I am not sure the MSI board will do). Now I heard the Asrock board has weak VRMs for that board.

Ok, not sure if I'm just an idiot, but I can't go over 2133 with this ram - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...867&cm_re=3200_corsair-_-20-233-867-_-Product

System:
Gigabtye x370 Gaming K7 (F3 BIOS)
AMD 1700x (it's been stable at 4.1ghz 1.4v thusfar)

System just doesn't boot past 2133.

Just an update on this. I went ahead and reset bios to stock settings and focused on ram. Tried first to just enable XMP, no dice. I then went ahead and started increasing the memory multiplier (correct terminology?) and was able to max out at 2400mhz (16, 18, 18, 36). Won't boot past that. Once I was stable at 2400, I redid my cpu overclock and am now stable (as far as I can tell) at 4.1ghz cpu and 2400mhz memory.

Basically, fastest memory speed I can get is 3147.2MHz using the BLCK multiplier, but this is not stable. Fastest stable memory speed I've been able to get (basically, I can run handbrake to encode h265 in software mode without a crash) is 3080MHz, also using the BLCK multiplier. Relevant bios settings were:

Ram voltage: Auto (noticed it was hitting 1.41v when running at 3147MHz, and 1.36v max when running at 3080MHz.
SOC voltage: Auto (never went up above 1.1)

Even when I tried to o/c the SOC voltage to 1.2, it doesn't make any difference (and I've even gone as high as 1.3v - also no difference).

I've loosened the timings to ridiculous amounts (20-20-20-20-64, for example), and no matter what I do, I cannot get the system to even post with a memory speed above 3150MHz, come hell or high water, and both of these memory sets are supposed to run at 3200MHz or 3600MHz. I'm beginning to think it's a limitation of the integrated memory controller on my Ryzen CPU, and not my RAM or motherboard that is the problem, as apparently, a guy from Canada Computers was able to dial in 3600MHz memory speed with my model of Asus motherboard (using the same 0083 beta bios) and G.Skill 3600 CL16 RGB RAM!

System: Asus Crosshair VI Hero
Bios Rev.: 0082/0083 beta
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-16GTZR/G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C16D-16GTZR (so far nearly identical results with both sets)
Ryzen 7 1700 serial number: 9R64626N70133 - Diffused in USA, Made in Malaysia.

Special request: I would like to ask those who graciously post their max memory speeds to also try to post their CPU model/serial number/"Made in" country location also so we can attempt to figure out if there's a pattern to which serial number ranges/countries of manufacture lead to the best memory/CPU overclocks? Thanks!

I found this pretty interesting:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/9700#post_26020881
For users of the C6H, make sure you also increase the DRAM Boot Voltage when you increase the DRAM voltage. DRAM Boot Voltage is supposed to track the DRAM voltage (why would you want your 1.35V RAM to boot at 1.2V?), but apparently this doesn't work.

For those of us whose boards lack this options (such as the Prime X370), I guess we're stuck with the DRAM training happening at 1.2V until AMD and/or Asus get around to fixing it. This explains a lot of the cold boot/POST problems some are having even with RAM that should work at higher speeds. DRAM training happens just before the normal POST screen so if it fails this step, it won't POST.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/9700#post_26020881
For users of the C6H, make sure you also increase the DRAM Boot Voltage when you increase the DRAM voltage. DRAM Boot Voltage is supposed to track the DRAM voltage (why would you want your 1.35V RAM to boot at 1.2V?), but apparently this doesn't work.

For those of us whose boards lack this options (such as the Prime X370), I guess we're stuck with the DRAM training happening at 1.2V until AMD and/or Asus get around to fixing it. This explains a lot of the cold boot/POST problems some are having even with RAM that should work at higher speeds. DRAM training happens just before the normal POST screen so if it fails this step, it won't POST.

If that's the case, that's a pretty huge miss by pretty much all the MB makers..

Hi, yes, I've tried boosting the 'initial RAM voltage' also, to 1.45v, and no dice. It does help if you post if you're right on the edge of stability (say, within 20-40MHz), but like I said, no setting allows me to boot this 3600 and 3200-rated G.Skill B-die Samsung DDR4 memory at the DOCP 3200MHz setting, or any manually dialed in memory speed above ~3150MHz, no matter what I do. And it's looking like it's exactly the same cut-off for both kits of RAM, which leads me to the conclusion that my integrated memory contoller is somehow the culprit. If only I had another Ryzen CPU that is known to run at 3200MHz+ memory speeds, I could confirm this. Trouble is, I only know 1 person with a Ryzen 7 (he has an 1800x) but he's 5 hours away in Toronto. I've even contemplated buying another Ryzen CPU (perhaps a Ryzen 5 to put into my HTPC?) just to test this theory, but if IT can't run 3200MHz memory speeds either, I'll be stuck with two Ryzens that can't even hit 3200MHz, although my local bricks and mortar store seems to allow exchanges on the Ryzen CPUs, so perhaps I could just keep exchanging the chip until I hit paydirt? LOL.

Well, I've also got to take care of the lawn and painting in the house, so I'll just have to see what I do.

Oh f*ck it. I'll go pick up another Ryzen 7 1700 and try it out. If it doesn't hit 3200+ memory speeds, I'll exchange it until I hit one that does. I'll also post serial#, 'made in' country, etc. I'll start a new thread for this.

Last edited:
Hi, yes, I've tried boosting the 'initial RAM voltage' also, to 1.45v, and no dice. It does help if you post if you're right on the edge of stability (say, within 20-40MHz), but like I said, no setting allows me to boot this 3600 and 3200-rated G.Skill B-die Samsung DDR4 memory at the DOCP 3200MHz setting, or any manually dialed in memory speed above ~3150MHz, no matter what I do. And it's looking like it's exactly the same cut-off for both kits of RAM, which leads me to the conclusion that my integrated memory contoller is somehow the culprit. If only I had another Ryzen CPU that is known to run at 3200MHz+ memory speeds, I could confirm this. Trouble is, I only know 1 person with a Ryzen 7 (he has an 1800x) but he's 5 hours away in Toronto. I've even contemplated buying another Ryzen CPU (perhaps a Ryzen 5 to put into my HTPC?) just to test this theory, but if IT can't run 3200MHz memory speeds either, I'll be stuck with two Ryzens that can't even hit 3200MHz, although my local bricks and mortar store seems to allow exchanges on the Ryzen CPUs, so perhaps I could just keep exchanging the chip until I hit paydirt? LOL.

Well, I've also got to take care of the lawn and painting in the house, so I'll just have to see what I do.

Oh f*ck it. I'll go pick up another Ryzen 7 1700 and try it out. If it doesn't hit 3200+ memory speeds, I'll exchange it until I hit one that does. I'll also post serial#, 'made in' country, etc. I'll start a new thread for this.

Why don't you just return your RAM instead for the G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz kit and and get a guaranteed 3200Mhz?
I haven't seen a single person not get 3200MHz yet with that kit regardless of mobo.

My Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 (B-die) works at 3200, but only at C16. At C14 I get the cold boot issues, but if I manage to get it to boot (by repeatedly saving and applying the settings), it's rock solid in Windows at C14. I'm pretty sure having the option of booting the RAM at 1.35V instead of 1.2V would make it pass a POST from cold.

Having DRAM boot voltage working properly would solve those kinds of cold boot problems, but it won't make any difference once the system has POSTed.

I am running G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-16GTZR memory in my ASRock Taichi board (BIOS 2.00) at the rated 3200 speed and timings, with a 1700 CPU. I would look to the BIOS or RAM sticks themselves...if it were the IMC I would be hitting the same wall with the same memory kit.

At work so I can't give you details on the CPU but I'll check when I get home.

Gigabyte ax370 gaming k5
Ryzen 5 1600 (USA/Malaysia)
G.Skill Ripjaw F4-2800C16D-16GVG

Booted into windows at 2300 CAS11-11-11-11, but unstable. Currently running memtest86 at CAS14-15-15-15, just under 2600. Good up to test 10 so far (21m)

BCLK 108, 3.763GHz all cores, +.086VCore, 1.25V Ram
Edit: this is OOTB, haven't updated the firmware yet. 2400->2600, 12->16->14
Broke 16.2GB/s in memtest86, probably as fast as I'll get stable with this kit on this firmware version.
Edit2: Updated to F2 Firmware with agesa 1004a. Can now reach 2800 cas 14-14-14-14 "stable" (occt fails gracefully in first minute, linpack ran 1hr no prob), with bclk at 105.05, but CPU multi won't go above 32 anymore (refuses to pass POST), so I'm stuck at 3.362GHz unless I push the bclk higher. Lower cas settings are unstable. Haven't upped voltages other than vcore (+.082V) and vram (1.25V).
CPU-Z Validation: https://valid.x86.fr/m7lr32

Last edited:
Best I've been able to do with my g.skill is 3162 with a BLCK of 107.8 on the 2933 strap. So far, changing the ram voltage and SOC can't get me a higher ram speed.

DDR4 3500, BCLK 109.4 using strap 3200. 16-16-16-16-38 CR1. Boots right up cold or not. GSkill F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW, Samsung B dies
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232407

Both 1700x was able to do DDR 4 3200 without issue, never tested first 1700x with memory above 3300 (which worked also without issue). My other non-used 1700x is going into my HTPC system hopefully this weekend with some Corsairs I got on sale CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236038

Anything over DDR 4 2666 is an OC which you may or may not be able to do. that is with two sticks of single sided dies. Hopefully next AMD firmware update will give us more.

1600x and Flare X 3200 on Gigabyte B350 Gaming 3. Does 3200 with f6 bios np. Chip does 4ghz @ 1.4v. Haven't tried any other settings tbh.

ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero (from 1107 to 0003 then back to 1107)

4x 8GB G.SKILL Flare X Series F4-3200C14D-16GFX

2666MHz
14-14-14-34 1.35V --> 14-13-13-30 1.35V

Last edited:
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
BIOS 1002

Ryzen 1700
3.85Ghz 100 BLCK
Anything higher would crash on stress testing

2x8gb Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 VERSION 5.39

3200MHz
16-18-18-36 1.35V

Worked with DOCP 5 profile automatically with no extra tweaking
Haven't yet tried tighter timings

It's not the CPU :\ It's all down to the BIOS, and AMD's lack of allowing user adjustment to memory timings. Once they finally (... hopefully) unlock all the Subtimings, we might finally unleash some more performance and speeds. Wish I knew the logic behind their decision to prevent us for changing them :(

Eitherway, the wall you're hitting clearly seems to be caused by the fact that you're running a much lower memory divisor, and then cranking up BCLK to counter for that. While that is indeed the best way to gain memory performance, it's also going to end up stalling you out at some point. It all comes back to the timings. Lower speeds have tighter sub-timings, and no amount of increase of the primary timings will solve that fact. Chew* @ [XS] forums had suggested to me, while trying to get 14-14-14 stable at 3200 on my 15-15-15 kit, to try less voltage on various things. So perhaps setting DRAM's to 1.35V, and the CPU-NB (memory controller) to 1.0V instead of 1.1-1.2V, might yield better results.There's also the DDR VREF but my knowledge there is non existent. I'm pretty sure that one should be 1/2 DRAM Voltage, which is why at 1.2V it sets it to 0.60V, So for 1.35V it technically should be 0.675V, but again, less could be the ticket.

Also lets not forgot the LoadLineCalibration settings. It could be that your board, under load, is either over or under volting which may be causing the instability. OR it's just just fluctuating too much (not at a high frequency, ie ripple), and that ends up being enough to throw it off being stable.

But I digress, I'l be surprised if it's the memory controller to blame, in general or a single case. The most I can speculate there is being since you have a 1700, that you may have a Malaysian made chip instead of a China one. Whether or not the speculation of their being a quality difference on the memory controller was/is true, I dunno. If your's is indeed a Malay, then buy or borrow someone's X chip and see if a China die solves the problem *shrug*

I did not expect this at all!

Biostar B350GT3
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138451

Board.JPG

Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820236038

Ram.jpg

Running at DDR4 3200!

B350GT3cachemem3200_2.png

MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC // BIOS 7A37vA3 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813144046)
Ryzen 5 1500X (using all AUTO CPU settings in BIOS; I'm in a small case, so not planning to overclock, and why I went with 1500X, to minimize heat; Also, got a good ebay price for $160 :)
G.Skill F4-3200C15D-16GVK (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232221)
Rated at:
DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
Timing 15-15-15-35
Cas Latency 15
Voltage 1.35V

Currently running at:
A-XMP Profile 1 (15-15-15-35, 2933; CAS 16)
Auto voltage

The memory won't currently run well at XMP Profile 2, which is 3200.
I've gotten it to boot up a couple of times using Profile 2 (3200), but eventually will fail to restart, will cycle through 5 attempts, and eventually drop back to 2133 (I've just discovered that '5' is configurable in advanced bios settings, labeled something like 'memory attempts'

Have not tried any manually tuning of memory yet. Maybe I'll try 16-16-16-36

EDIT:

Now running at 3200, with A-XMP Profile 2, and boosting NB Voltage to 1.1

Unrelated to memory speed, I'm having issues with the fan curve settings in the BIOS. The fan curves seem to get reset after rebooting, or even simply coming out of sleep mode. Haven't narrowed down the issue. But similar issues have been posted in the MSI forum.

Last edited:
Gigabyte ax370 gaming k5 (F2 BIOS)
Ryzen 5 1600 (USA/Malaysia)
G.Skill Ripjaw F4-2800C16D-16GVG
Update: Now memtest stable at 2933CL14-15-15, 100 bclk, DRAM 1.28V. Must loosen timings + increase bclk to go higher (then bus is unstable), tighter timings fail memtest.
Interestingly, not samsung--it's Hynix, 1Rank:
snap582017114200PM.png

Last edited:
With the new BIOS (9945) posted by elmor over at overclock.net :

3200MHz!
16-16-16-39 (1T) - > 14-14-14-34 (1T) 1.35V

Tomorrow I'll try with more aggressive timings.

Last edited:
With the new BIOS (9945) posted by elmor over at overclock.net :

3200MHz!
16-16-16-39 (1T) 1.35V

Tomorrow I'll try with more aggressive timings.
That is great news for 4 sticks! Will have to try hopefully this morning with 9943 version for 2 sticks. Folks are saying it has a strap for DDR 4000 as well.

I now run the Corsair ram on the BioStar at rated speed of 3200 16-18-18-36 without issue. Almost as if the ram needed to be broken in a little. Stable as a rock.

My g.skill hynix m-die modules posted today at 3272c24 after much training...once. Ram voltage set to 1.4, bios showed 1.412v. Unfortunately didn't get to test if it was stable, as after setting voltage manually to 1.42v it didn't pass training again. :(
Edit2: Got it to go again! This time exited without saving, running memtest now, so far so gooderr in test 5/6, could be due to bclk...
Posted at 3204c18, 1.4v, soc @ +.3v (bios displays 1.272), bclk 114 without training, but only the first time. Think LLC will help this ram a lot.
Started failing at random inversions. Set to cl20 and try again...

Last edited:
Gigabyte GA-AX370-GAMING K7
BIOS: F4A
Extreme memory Profile: enabled, 3200MHz
( 1.35v, G.Skill FlareX)

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz
MSI B350M Mortar
BIOS 1.3
3200MHz @ 14/14/14/34 with 1.35v
G.Skill Trident Z (F4-3600C16D-16GTZ)

Currently running Corsair Dominator CMD16GX4M2B3600C18 18-19-19-19-39 1T @ 3600MHz on Asus C6H. Cannot get beyond 3600MHz no matter what I try though. Seems to be a hard wall for me right now.

That is great news for 4 sticks! Will have to try hopefully this morning with 9943 version for 2 sticks. Folks are saying it has a strap for DDR 4000 as well.

I now run the Corsair ram on the BioStar at rated speed of 3200 16-18-18-36 without issue. Almost as if the ram needed to be broken in a little. Stable as a rock.

I'm now stable at 3466 @ 16-15-15-15-34 (1T). That's good enough for now!

Reactions: noko
like this
With the new 0612 BIOS for the Prime X370 I can now run my LPX 3600 at 3200 MHz @ C14 (previously C16) without cold boot problems.
It's still AGESA 1.0.0.4. When the new AGESA comes out for this board, I'll try to run the RAM at its rated 3600 MHz.

Mine will do 3333 fine so far, but only managed to get 3466 to POST once, first time I tried (using Memory Try It! presets). Haven't been able to ever since. :(
If it'll help anyone, for comparisons, here's the timings.
3333-Timings1.png 3333-Timings2.png

RaptormanUSMC and magictoaster Would you guys be willing to post up yours? Maybe there's something I can spot that yours are doing differently that I can try. :D

Mine will do 3333 fine so far, but only managed to get 3466 to POST once, first time I tried (using Memory Try It! presets). Haven't been able to ever since. :(
View attachment 26051 View attachment 26050

RaptormanUSMC and magictoaster Would you guys be willing to post up yours? Maybe there's something I can spot that yours are doing differently that I can try. :D
Since you are using single row modules, try disabling BankGroupSwap. On ASUS it is under AMD CBS/UMC Common/Dram Memory Mapping not sure if exposed for MSI.

Since you are using single row modules, try disabling BankGroupSwap. On ASUS it is under AMD CBS/UMC Common/Dram Memory Mapping not sure if exposed for MSI.
Thank you for the tip! I'll give that a try tomorrow.
It is indeed available (at least in the one I modded, I didn't flash their original Beta lol), and is in my second screenshot :)

Thank you for the tip! I'll give that a try tomorrow.
It is indeed available (at least in the one I modded, I didn't flash their original Beta lol), and is in my second screenshot :)
My BioStar board also has it under AMD CBS. Lol, yes that is in your picture, at least MSI made it more readily available.

Aida64, if you use that program, it may not be accurate when this is setting is used and will read lower.

Anyways BankGroupSwap has allowed the use of the higher straps. For me 3333, 3466 and 3600 on the CH6 I had to use looser timings and overall performance was worst then a BCLK of 109.4 with 3200 (DDR4 3500), with resulting best performance/stability so far. This is only useful for single row modules and not dual rank ones where that setting should be on.

View attachment 26051 View attachment 26050

Here you go. Nothing fancy.

3466_1.png 3466_2.png 3466_3.png 3466_4.png

Every settings after Trc_SM are the default for BIOS 9945. I did get one BSOD using 3466 @ 16-15-15-15-34 (1T) so I dialed everything back to 16-16-16-16-36 and ran MemTest and it's now perfectly stable. It's set to 1.35V (also at boot).

Last edited:
Well looks like ASUS beta bios 9943 with AGESA 1.0.0.6 did give me some memory improvements over 1107. I can now use 14-16-16-16-36 vice 16-16-16-16-38 with better measured speeds and stability AT DDR4 3500. Beta Bios 9945 was less stable for me WITH two single rank Samsung B-Die, that bios is meant more for dual rank ram and Hynix ram.

Straps 3333, 3466 and 3600 just gave me worst results as in performance and stability. Strap 3200 with BCLK of 109.4 remains the most optimum so far for this rig.

cachemem3500cl14_16_16_16_36.png

ASUS CH6
Beta Bios - 9943
proc_odt - 60ohms
Dram frequency - 3500Mhz
Strap 3200, BCLK 109.4
Timings - 14-16-16-16-36 CR 1T
Geardown disabled
Dram boot voltage - 1.4
Dram voltage - 1.40
SOC voltage - Auto - reads 1.13
tRFC's 350T, 2x Fine 260T, 4x Fine 160T​

Well I had no luck with 3466 tonight. Tried magictoaster's timings and noko's tip, neither resulted in anything different unfortunately.

I've also figured out the ratio at which the tRFCs are determined. Posibly useful for Titanium folks since on Auto, it uses the same value for all entries.
Take tRFC divide by 1.34 = tRFC2
Take tRFC2 divide by 1.625 = tRFC4

Might be useful to those of us whose boards just plop in tRFC's value into all of them. (Granted, doesn't seem to be hurting performance, and seems to require less voltage on the IMC, but... there it is at least :) )

I still can't get 2933 with my corsair lpx with the latest bios on my asus b350m-a. I can get 2666 @ cas14, but tried as loose as cas18 at 2933 with 1.1vsoc and no go. Oh well, at least the timings are tighter.

I still can't get 2933 with my corsair lpx with the latest bios on my asus b350m-a. I can get 2666 @ cas14, but tried as loose as cas18 at 2933 with 1.1vsoc and no go. Oh well, at least the timings are tighter.
Have you tried 1.45v? You can safely go up to 1.5v with DDR4, myself I like to keep it no more than 1.45v.

Well I had no luck with 3466 tonight. Tried magictoaster's timings and noko's tip, neither resulted in anything different unfortunately.

I've also figured out the ratio at which the tRFCs are determined. Posibly useful for Titanium folks since on Auto, it uses the same value for all entries.
Take tRFC divide by 1.34 = tRFC2
Take tRFC2 divide by 1.625 = tRFC4

Might be useful to those of us whose boards just plop in tRFC's value into all of them. (Granted, doesn't seem to be hurting performance, and seems to require less voltage on the IMC, but... there it is at least :) )

What is funny is that the BioStar board sets tRFCs to tighter values about the same values I set for the ASUS CH6. The CH6 is way out there for settings to a point of instability. Just some oddball stuff going on with the AM4 platform.

I just found that the 3333, 3466 and the 3600 straps just to unstable to use even with very loose timings. More work needs to be done with this.

Back