Post your "rate my cables" here

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

love the case and your setup makes me cry it's so clean, much cleaner than mine...

Here's my current system. My signature has all the specs of my system. I've done a few small mods to my case, I drilled holes in the top and added handles to make it easier to carry (my wife watches me play Mass Effect in the living room, so they help a lot). I also cut out the grilles for the front intake and rear exhaust fans to improve their airflow and reduce noise. I covered the cuts with rubber u-channel molding.

I did the best wire management I could in this case, it has no wire management options to speak of. Sorry for the blurry phone pictures.

side2.jpg

Side shot showing handles

side1.jpg

The guts

I just changed my cables to Corsair's sleeved ones. Looks ok I guess. Gonna take another picture once I get my other 680 back. T_T. Not sure if I should add zip ties to organize them a bit.

1b1f54a4dd6b11e183b822000a1e8a6e_7.jpg

Tell me how y'all think I did for my first go at this whole cable management thing.

The 1 wire hanging down not hooked up is for the side panel fan.

My Silverstone Tj08-e waiting for my sli cards and better cpu cooler

Rig Specs:

Core i5 cpu
8gb Corsair Vengeance
8500 GT Video Card
Thermaltake 850w PSU
OCZ Agility 3 120gb SSD
Slim Slot Loading dvd rw drive
Silverstone Tj08-e case

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
@almostgfx: What a Corsair ho... :p Nice job and color scheme tho, good job hiding the SATA cables, GPU leads might look better going up and into the next routing hole up IMO.

@sladesurfer: SLI in a TJ08-E? Keeping it [H]ard! :D Looks cool so far.

So, here is my "rig"

I'm rocking an Athlon 3500+ in socket 754 cooled by AC Freezer7, 2x512mb of DDR memory with an GeForce 7600gt in agp. For storage I use 2x WD 3.5" (120 and 300gb) pata, and 2x Seagate 2.5" (80 and 80gigz) sata. That all on ASrock K8upgrade.

And yeah, it's 2012 :(

img20120813131930.jpg

By chalintc at 2012-08-13

img20120813131631.jpg

By chalintc at 2012-08-13

Was able to tiddy up my cables in a case with no cable management... tho had to sick everything in the 5" bay :eek: ... makes me want to take my dremel and cut out holes for wires and of course put some protective rubber :p for cables.

How come your ROM drive isn't plugged in?

Usually, I use ROM only for windows instalation and for others I use a virtual one, the oldy pata cables are really airflow-unfriend so I plug it in just when I really need it ;)

Usually, I use ROM only for windows instalation and for others I use a virtual one, the oldy pata cables are really airflow-unfriend so I plug it in just when I really need it ;)

Why not use a rounded ATA cable? Less hassle to set it and forget it.

I used my first one recently on my retro Win98SE rig. Just make sure it is under 18" though as it is said you get more CRC errors with the 24" cables.

Back on topic. I'd like to post pics of my new $20 Rosewill Challenger U3 case but it would still look shameful to most others here :(

Got my outdated system moved into the P280 and Antec HCP1000 I won here. :D Wiremanagment is pretty easy with a matx mobo in this case.

i8Y6y.jpg

Why not use a rounded ATA cable? Less hassle to set it and forget it.

I used my first one recently on my retro Win98SE rig. Just make sure it is under 18" though as it is said you get more CRC errors with the 24" cables.
:(

I dont want to invest a single cent into this pc now. I'm waiting for my first payout to buy something younger than 10 years :D

could be a whole host of things, is your thermal paste thin and not thick, are the aftermarket gpu coolers situated properly...what's the ambient room temp? etc

could be a whole host of things, is your thermal paste thin and not thick, are the aftermarket gpu coolers situated properly...what's the ambient room temp? etc

I was actually asking for any suggestions regardig cabling. The h2 case i have is sound insulated and doesnt have the greatest airflow bebecause its supposed to be a silent case. I was runing an crsair h60 befre and because of it basically 0 air was evacuated from aaround the video carxs. I switched o the 212 so i could at least get some air iut of there. Im basically at a point wher ive pobably optimizd cooling on this partiular case/conig. Top card 70 - 75 oloaded, bottom card 60 - 65, cpu 70 loaded e(it draws in only hot air epelled by he top card)

My spelling is atrocious because i am on ytablet btw.

Here's my new "mobile" gaming rig, not much room for wire management, but when the graphic card comes in it's all hidden :)

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

changed

still don't know if i like the cables out front like this...

IMAG0081.jpg

good thing there isn't a window on this side

IMAG0093.jpg

Before:

BTqMj.jpg

After:

QHwqw.jpg

Front. Fan controller was mounted inside the case. The traversing cable is internal USB3.0. I moved all those cables near the motherboard tray after the picture was taken.

y4gVy.jpg

Back:

8E8ws.jpg

Back