Post your "rate my cables" here

Good as I could get it without a modular PSU.

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

Been piecing together for about 1 month. Couldn't buy 2 from eVGA so I had to wait for NewEgg to come back in stock for the second one.

what temps are u getting from the D-14? the 3930 is a beastly 130w chip. i'm fucking jealous btw, i thought i was badass with two 680s and a 4.8gig i7... - 64GB of ram to boot damn

I am getting around 71-73 loaded with Linx w/AVX. That's the highest I could go, not because of temps, but because the chip I suppose. Still fine with me.

thats damn good one a 6-core chip, i'm getting 75C max with my setup and i have a "beefier" wc setup of sorts..., congrats again man

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1713.jpg

Dang kids today are so spoiled with their "Modular" power supplies. Back in MY day, we had to crack open the case and grab a sharp pair of scissors!

Did a little bit of work on my file server today. I've got about 30' of Paracord. Gonna grab another 100' or so and then start sleeving the PSU properly, plus all those little "extras" like the power button, CPU heatsink, and fan cables. Might pick up a couple black SATA cables one day and finish 'er out. Might not. There's only so much you can do with a green motherboard.

That top 690 is a little close to the CPU cooler, isn't it? I'd hate to think what would happen if they were to touch.

I got Noctua to send me some of their newer fan clips and they are not close to the backside of the 690 anymore. If you already have a noctua cooler and have this issue, you can email them and ask them for new clips. It took 9 days from my first email till I had the clips in my hand from Austria. Pretty good. Also, I am using the new Noctua NF-F12 Focus Flow fans instead of the standard ones. Noticed a 3-4 degree drop in temps from the new fans.

it's actually been a good board to me, so far. no issues from the board. when i did have an issue with my first build with it, ECS was more than helpful in finding the culprit.

More to the point, shame it's AMD, because of the high TDP. Because of the placement of the two PCIe x1 slots, this motherboard would otherwise be ideal for a Nofen.

Where have I been all this time? Just googled nofen and it's the biggest heatsink I've ever seen. Shame they don't offer any kind of fan option, probably would be ridiculously effective with a blower in the middle at low RPM. Then again I guess that would defeat the name :p.

I'd buy one out of principle, lol.

neat. i'd just clean up the SATA cables, try to bundle the modulars a little bit more neatly, and maybe trim down the hoses slightly, they seem a little long.

neat. i'd just clean up the SATA cables, try to bundle the modulars a little bit more neatly, and maybe trim down the hoses slightly, they seem a little long.

Ok, As for the hoses, the one that goes over the memory stick was done as a feature so it doesn't block the memory slots.

Give me your components? That will make it real neat and clean.

Sure pay for it. :p :D

id say it could use some better cable management but then i look at my case and tell myself to stfu

id say it could use some better cable management but then i look at my case and tell myself to stfu

lol, im pretty good at cable management. and anyone who owns a tj09 we'll tell you its very hard.

thiats the best i can do.

lol, im pretty good at cable management. and anyone who owns a tj09 we'll tell you its very hard.

thiats the best i can do.

instead of sending the gpu power cables separate ways, run them both up together. if you cant run the 8-pin mobo power up behind the mobo tray because its too short then you can run it under the gpus near the pci slots and hide it better. fan cables all look like they could maybe be controlled a little better if you run them under the fan clips or through fins and heatpipes. you could also pull the power cables into a bunch and ziptie them right after they disappear behind the mobo tray to give them a more organized, cleaner look. same thing for the front panel wire bunch. youre right there isnt a lot more to do to hide them with that case, but organizing them and bunching them together makes them look a lot cleaner. just some suggestions. :)

Got bored and moved my main rig into my NZXT H2 which used to house my file server. My LL A05N will probably be fully reworked after I go traveling. Straight transplant which is why the heatsink is upside down. It's probably gonna stay that way unless I find some thermal paste somewhere.
7627864860_1b85d3d0f7_b.jpg

7627864482_0616c2450c_b.jpg

Edit: Threw the server hardware into the A05N. Raid card was packed up and storage drives sold. Family might use this for media streaming.
7652582782_b627150f67_b.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet setup, that's some of the cleanest back side cable routing I've seen. Zip ties ftw. :D Won't those open front fans suck in a ton of dust tho?

Built this for my little cousin who is going off to college:

2njhrmc.jpg

Specs:
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.3GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI
Patriot Signature 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600
Asus DirectCU II HD 7850 2GB
Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB
Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.D 1TB
Antec HCG-400M
Thermaltake Frio
Asus 24x SATA DVD burner