Post your "rate my cables" here

sdk said:
4_r.jpg

11_r.jpg
21_r.jpg

full pics http://lastik.xaled.com/userfiles/lastiK_/palbum.htm

All I can say is that is the most beautiful sight I have seen in awhile. :p

While sdk's Lian-Li does look quite nice....I'm still going to have to agree with most everyone here when I say that Earm has the nicest case so far in this thread.

I really wish I could get my new PSU and sleeving right now.....there's so much I want to fix up with this wiring. :(

MAXX RS4 said:
IMG_2363.jpg

What should I do about that window fan wire? Kinda in the way..

Run it up and around the top of the side panel if you can. Use velcro or something so you can pull the wires out easily when you need to take the side panel off.

MAXX RS4 said:
What should I do about that window fan wire? Kinda in the way..

I'd say you should run it straight to the back of the panel and rig it up back there if you can.....basically you want to take the shortest possible path to the edge of the window. I realise that the fan header up there is taken up by the OTES fan.....but it's still easier to "deal with" wiring if you can first get it out of view.

insidenewcomputer1.jpg

insidenewcomputer2.jpg

most of the wires are hidden up top behind CD drives and the alu from the case. :eek:

old pics too, I will take new ones soon.

new pic

picobox.jpg

I feel for ya bud....I know how irritating some of the wiring can be in our Lian-Li's with no DIRECT way to get cables behind the mobo tray.....without a little cutting. There's still some more hiding/routing I can see straight away that you'd be able to do without any mods to the case though....unless you've fixed it up a bit since those shots.

wayne said:
how did earm do that single post thingy?
i did it. if you want one single post click on the post number to the right of there post and you will get it

DRJ1014 said:
i did it. if you want one single post click on the post number to the right of there post and you will get it

Yeah, that's what I thought it was, hadn't actually tried it out though. Good to know, might come in handly later on. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Ack....my eyes.....I used to have a couple 12" green cathodes mounted out in the open like that in my first Lian-Li....how can ya stand it dude? :confused: :p

:p It's under my desk. I moved that cathode behind the bar thing that it's attached to after I took that picture.

ATH25 said:
:p It's under my desk. I moved that cathode behind the bar thing that it's attached to after I took that picture.

Good good, I was worried 'boutcha there for a second. ;)

cornelious0_0 said:
Ouch dude, I actually think it's gotten worse since you showed me the first time. :(
Reason = That True Power 430 had longer cables.
Mistake 1) Getting that Gigabyte Motherboard
Mistake 2) Getting that case
Mistake 3) Getting that with a sh1tty PSU

DRJ1014 said:
oh cool

this may actually be useful lol

How can that many cables be hidden behind the panel, yet it still be that much of a birds nest? You seriously have some work to do, no offense, we all do, but I just cant figure out whats going on in there.

Anybody have pointers for me. My issue is that my motherboard tray extends completely horizontally.

Finsta said:
Anybody have pointers for me. My issue is that my motherboard tray extends completely horizontally.

Dude, I've gone through it with you before....I know how the X-piders are built.....and there's still ways to get wires down there. I've done it with worse case designs.....you just gotta be creative.

Behind drive cages and above the psu are big ones if you really can't for some reason get anything behind your mobo plate even a bit. For you we're trying to do this for airflow and functionality....not looks.....so anything will do at this point.

Some cases/powersupply combinations will leave just enough space above the PSU to tuck away a molex connector.....giving you extra space to stuff extra/routed cables.

IMGP1250.jpg

IMGP1107.jpg

also... the other sidepanel is broken somehow and wont come off.. the screw turns but doesnt move. I might take the mobo out when i hav time and try and force the side panel off.... Ya its a mess tho so help me out here.

Thanks for the respons to my case, I took the ccfl's out because the frigging wiring was WAY WAY to short, and it was impossible to put it, so when I get some time I am gonna solder them and make them longer, expcailly since i was trying to hide the wires under the hdd cage.

Since then I got a new 250G Maxtor drive and I got my IDE cables in a really nice way, it really like it, I also am getting some new ocz alu ram sinks, I will post some new pics when it comes.

and I changed the unreal fan grill with a blade.

Earm: your case is very nice, that was my #1 case choice if they were not discontinued. Also your sleeved everything, and tahts hawt.

Nice case.

sdk said:
Also your sleeved everything, and tahts hawt.

That's eXACTLY what I'm gonna be doing with mine when I get my new PSU.....sleeving EVERYthing.....even the tubing of my water cooling when I get it....all black with black heatshrink in my modded PC61B.........p1mp. :cool:

elite.mafia said:
also... the other sidepanel is broken somehow and wont come off.. the screw turns but doesnt move. I might take the mobo out when i hav time and try and force the side panel off.... Ya its a mess tho so help me out here.
the screw is stripped you need to pull or pry out on the screw as in you turn it as you get somthing under the head of the screw and pry it out or you can get a pair of pliers and as you unscrew it pull out this should work

if my computer does get taken away when school starts, (mom thinks i need to get my grades up, even tho she dun understand that is the easiest part of school) i am gonna mod 2 more cases, a dragon server case, i got some really really god ideas, and gonna make a media shuttle

also I mite take everything out and rebuild it.

WOOT I GOT IT OFF!!! now my finger is all silvery from the screw :/
thanx so f*cking much man! <3. except i used wire cutters and pryed the sucker off, :p

Back