Post your "rate my cables" here

You know its not that bad considering your not using top dollar equipment, but may i ask what case and modular psu you were looking at?

Well guys, I haven't been around for QUITE awhile I know, but I picked up a new case for my mATX system (actually, my wife did) so I thought I'd give you all a taste (and show you all how it's done). ;) :D

I haven't seen to many pics of the Antec Mini P180 and I was actually extremely surprised at how easy it was to wire everything up nice and neat.

Looks very clean, props

IMG_02832.jpg

higher end graphic cards = more wires for power
higher end psu = more cables
more hard drives (more $$ to buy them) = More cables

:)

No, cable management is all about skill. If you know what you're doing you can make a non-modular 1000W PSU look modular, and you can make 10 hard drives look like there's no cables running out.

No, cable management is all about skill. If you know what you're doing you can make a non-modular 1000W PSU look modular, and you can make 10 hard drives look like there's no cables running out.
It looks to me like he was saying that its easier to do with lower end gear, since higher end gear inevitably requires more power and thus, leaves more cables to deal with. I don't think he was saying you need to spend money to have good cable management.

It looks to me like he was saying that its easier to do with lower end gear, since higher end gear inevitably requires more power and thus, leaves more cables to deal with. I don't think he was saying you need to spend money to have good cable management.
If anything, cable management should be more difficult with lower end gear, since there's a strong possibility that you won't be using a 'higher-end' case with built-in cable routing behind the motherboard tray....

If anything, cable management should be more difficult with lower end gear, since there's a strong possibility that you won't be using a 'higher-end' case with built-in cable routing behind the motherboard tray....
You're quoting the wrong person, I'm not the one who made the original statement. I was just clarifying that statement since Lowtekh appeared to have misunderstood him.

Hey lowteckh cable management and money have alot to do with each other.

Its to much to go into but the amount of money you spend on parts and the the amount of harware you are using can effect cable management.

If I may, I believe the point is that you can throw alot of money into our "hobby" but that will only get you so far. Cable management is more about taking the time to plan your work and using skill and patience to do the job correctly.

Or I may be completely wrong and the post meant something totally different. :)

P£P§!™;1033768888 said:
forgot to rate minez :(

Although not many visible cables, It looks sloppy. Not sure why, maybe because the wires are loose in some spots. Idk, I'm just nitpicking looks good

Honestly... no matter if you've got $5,000 + in your case, or $500... I give credit where credit is due, and I think credit is due to anyone who attempts cable management in the first place... especially considering that there's many people that don't even try at all. So everyone that posts in this thread gets credit from me ;)

That being said, I think the following determines the outcome of your cable management...
* The case you choose (layout matters here, not the materials or build quality)...
* The amount of hardware you decide to stuff in your case (not how much each piece costs)...
* and finally, how strong your Cable-Fu is :cool:
There's always rules, but there's also always exceptions to those rules... cable management can always be performed in any situation because the fact is, the beauty of the outcome is truly in the eyes of the beholder... thus, we have a nice thread here to share our creations... so as Mills Lane would say... "Let's get it on" :D

My build is a Mini P180, much like cornelious0_0...
img0001.jpg

I trimmed the 200mm fan on the top in order to give me a few more mm of clearance for my DVD drive to fit up there.
img0006lt0.jpg

So with a big PSU in the P180 Mini looks like it's not possible to take the dust filter out for cleaning without unscrewing the PSU and lifting it. :(

Yeah but considering there are not that many things needing wires its not that good either. But what can you expect.

Here is my dads rig i just finished building, i never, ever, want to do that again! LOL!

Please comment

specs:

CM 690 NV edition
i7 920
dark knight
corsair TX750
2 x 8800GT's

DSC02000.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

DSC02007.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

Nice rig and why dont you want to do it again?

And i have noticed that on dells that there is some kind of clip or channel that the cables go thru, but it still doesnt make it the best.

Back