Post your pc screen shots!

What part of it? The Litestep theme/VS is Axonkolor, by UAC Marine. The desktop background I forgot what the name was, but if you want me to send it to you, PM me. The Putty window is connected to my Chumby, and the Windows 98 setup you see is the result of a virtual machine I set up with Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 so that I could play some old (non-3d) games that have issues with XP. The dock on the bottom is RK Launcher.

Wally, that is a reply from earlier in the thread from him about that setup you are looking at.

and here's my Laptop:

laptop-sm.JPG

Link to full size HERE

and here's my secondary system:

second-sm.JPG

Link to full size HERE

and here are the wallpapers:

Dragon

Anime

ive been trying to figure out, why is the laptop taskbar shiny and the secondary rig not?

ive been trying to figure out, why is the laptop taskbar shiny and the secondary rig not?

Royale theme from media center.. actually switched it over recently to Royale Noir, like it much better

-niot actually MCE, just the theme from it, it's WinXP Pro

Sorry to quote the image again, but I've been killing myself looking for a desktop I actually like since two weeks before christmas, and this is it. The poster doesn't seem to be about, or just not responding to PMs, so I was hoping someone could identify it.

In the meantime, I got RocketDock to work. Cheers for the help:

Wally just wondering what skin of Rocketdock you are using?

Royale theme from media center.. actually switched it over recently to Royale Noir, like it much better

-niot actually MCE, just the theme from it, it's WinXP Pro

wow. I just dled it, its awesome! thanks for sharing :)

Without and with menu and RocketDock. I was running F@H which is why the cores were loaded.

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

Hey CAMPER, would you mind letting me know where you got those icons you're using in your dock... they are most awsome. I've never seen that particular text icon set.

I got bored with my setup, and decided that I wanted to try out a dark desktop theme for a while. I have been using light / grey themes for many years now, it's a pretty big change :eek:

Xubuntu 7.10, I borrowed and customised some existing themes for amarok, conky, gtk, emerald, and kde

(click for fullsize)
clean:

dirty:

i NEED that pidgin dark skin!

any software out there other than desktopsidebar and addgadget that displays coretemps on a nice interface on the desktop (windows xp)? both of them requires speedfan to show coretemps, and speedfan is not accurate (don't wanna mess with bios either to calibrate the temps).

all of the desktops with these displays (working properly) look sweet!

thanks

I just got object dock after seeing this thread. Let me know what you guys think and point me to some cool themes please.

34322990nl2.jpg

woot got the 200th page.
Can anyone tell me how to get the stacks and shadow effect like in mac leopard?
apple-osx-leopard-2.jpg

@ CAMPER: Thanks alot man, those are awsome... great work!

@ illuminate: That wallpaper is cool... I need that for my wife since I got her into Head-Fi.

@ zombeh: For stacks just go here...
http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=46859
If you need any help setting it up, I'd be glad to help.
As far as the shadows... I'd like to get that going too, might just be the icons themselves that are drawn to create the shadow effect... I have some icons that do that.

@ illuminate: whats the name of that vista docklet that shows CPU usage and stuff?

I've just installed rocketdock, everything is AWESOME.

The only problem i have is where / when it displays.

I don't want it to be ontop of everything, it interferes with my programs. So i set it to stay on bottom and its perfect. However when i hit WindowsKey + D (equivalent to show desktop) it minimizes rocketdock also, i wsh to prevent this. When its set to Always on Top it does not minimize when i hit windowskey+D but again, it interferes with my programs menus.

Any idea how to get it to ignore show desktop/windowskey + D while setting it to Always on bottom?

I've just installed rocketdock, everything is AWESOME.

The only problem i have is where / when it displays.

I don't want it to be ontop of everything, it interferes with my programs. So i set it to stay on bottom and its perfect. However when i hit WindowsKey + D (equivalent to show desktop) it minimizes rocketdock also, i wsh to prevent this. When its set to Always on Top it does not minimize when i hit windowskey+D but again, it interferes with my programs menus.

Any idea how to get it to ignore show desktop/windowskey + D while setting it to Always on bottom?

I dont think so. with sidebar it does the same thing... so, i doubt it will cahnge for rocketdock

There's a setting in ObjectDock that allows the dock to ignore Win + D under Misc. Options... I don't think Rocket Dock has this, and I use an app called Switcher (similar to Mac's expose) and when I minimize all windows... there goes Rocket Dock :mad:

Thanks for the wall illuminate... I appreciate it.

My Desktop, i used to roll with just classic windows scheme and a couple of shortcut folders. This thread has inspired me.

desktopaz1.jpg

That's right, it is indeed the stylish add-on. I love dark gray redesign script as well... I switch between the two often.
Also... you can find "skins" or scripts as they're called for many different websites and also create your own... it's pretty cool.

Back