Post your pc screen shots!

Your disgustingly large setup attracted my attention! How big is the desk you use!?

Also, when I checked out your pics, I noticed... Urbana! Are you a student here per chance?

My desk is actually fairly small. I made do with a LCD arm. Yes Im a student at Urbana. A sophomore in fact. You can probably guess my major. ;) Im a sucker for LCD and desktop space lol.

If you are curious I took a pic of it. Was hard to get everything in since the room isnt too big. I had to sit on my roommate's desk lol and nearly crushed his Vaio -.-" Me and my roommate at one point had 9 LCDs between us. lol.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7428/cimg2265xt5.jpg

displayyg5.jpg

What's your desktop monitor arrangement look like? Looks interesting from the desktop screenshot :).

My desk is actually fairly small. I made do with a LCD arm. Yes Im a student at Urbana. A sophomore in fact. You can probably guess my major. ;) Im a sucker for LCD and desktop space lol.

If you are curious I took a pic of it. Was hard to get everything in since the room isnt too big. I had to sit on my roommate's desk lol and nearly crushed his Vaio -.-" Me and my roommate at one point had 9 LCDs between us. lol.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7428/cimg2265xt5.jpg

Haha nice setup. A little crazy, but nice. I'm a senior comp sci...good times. Did you recently update your sig or was I just being blind?

[snip]

Wallpaper is a random snap I took in my backyard.

thats object dock w/ the stacks docklet right?

by any chance does the vista icon act like start menu?

howd you do it?

edit: also hows gears for vista? I heard its riddled with technical difficulties.

I got bored with my setup, and decided that I wanted to try out a dark desktop theme for a while. I have been using light / grey themes for many years now, it's a pretty big change :eek:

Xubuntu 7.10, I borrowed and customised some existing themes for amarok, conky, gtk, emerald, and kde

(click for fullsize)
clean:

dirty:

I got bored with my setup, and decided that I wanted to try out a dark desktop theme for a while. I have been using light / grey themes for many years now, it's a pretty big change :eek:

Xubuntu 7.10, I borrowed and customised some existing themes for amarok, conky, gtk, emerald, and kde

That is NICE! also - the resolution, holy shit!

That is NICE! also - the resolution, holy shit!

Thanks! :D As the guy below noticed, I've got two 24" monitors hooked up, hence the huge res.

what does one do with two 24inch monitors in linux?

look at lots of pr0n :p

actually I use this sytem to do alot of random stuff, but when I really need the dual 24" monitors is doing web design projects - I'll fill up one desk space with a virtual windows XP machine on vmware - running dreamweaver, photoshop, and IE in there ... then I use the other for my eclipse / other IDE apps.

it's also pretty handy when I've got alot of terminal windows open when I'm working remotely for my actual job.

it is overkill though ... I just happened upon a _really_ good deal on two of these monitors that I couldn't pass up :D

Well , updated mine the other day. Formated and have no use for CDcoverart or anything right now... just a nice and clean desk. :)

desktopde8.jpg

what does one do with two 24inch monitors in linux?

One enjoys the hell out of them. I have two Westinghouse 24s but I'm about to sell those and buy two Dell 24s only because the Westies are non-VESA-mountable. I found this out after buying a clamp armature for two monitors. :( But I don't see how I could go back to a sub-24" monitor, and it'd be extremely difficult for me to go back to a single-head system.

oh, here's mine.. I had to make it smaller fom the original 3840x1856

and yep three monitors, three different wallpapers...

and yes it's supposed to be offset..

I've got dual samsung lcds next to each other and a third CRT up higher to the right

desktop-sm.JPG

Link to Fullsize HERE

For those of you using rocketdock and the stacks docklet, how do you get it to work? I added the "stacks" thing to the dock, but couldn't add anything to it.

Also, where can you find good icons? The rocketdock site is shit, as it doesn't show thumbnails for 99% of the downloads so I don't know what i'm getting.

For those of you using rocketdock and the stacks docklet, how do you get it to work? I added the "stacks" thing to the dock, but couldn't add anything to it.

Also, where can you find good icons? The rocketdock site is shit, as it doesn't show thumbnails for 99% of the downloads so I don't know what i'm getting.

Check out deviantart.com, there are some nice ones there.

For great dock icons... Deviant Art ftw.

Koko56 p.m. your email address and I will send you the wallpaper... I don't have the link anymore... I forgot where exactly I found it. I am using objectdock with the stacks docklet and Yahoo! widgets.

Wally, when you add the stacks docklet... did you right click on it and select "Icon Settings"... then point it to the directory you wanted to add?

Sorry to quote the image again, but I've been killing myself looking for a desktop I actually like since two weeks before christmas, and this is it. The poster doesn't seem to be about, or just not responding to PMs, so I was hoping someone could identify it.

In the meantime, I got RocketDock to work. Cheers for the help:

piccyqd9.jpg

Back