Post your Mouse and Keyboard pics

IMG_20120718_230400Medium.jpg

Last edited:
My QFR with a Wyse set, blank blue pbt moogle, blank bubble gum pbt wasd keys, and blank mint pbt wasd keys on the arrow keys. And some random double shots on F-row.

My QFR with a Wyse set, blank blue pbt moogle, blank bubble gum pbt wasd keys, and blank mint pbt wasd keys on the arrow keys. And some random double shots on F-row.

That seals it, going out to get one of these now. :D

i have a really scratched / dirty DAS keyboard, 1 x Dell U2312HM, 1 X Dell 23" 1080p LED and Logitech g9 mouse

where is the best place to pick one of these mechanical keyboards up? Filco, KBC Race maybe?
I bought my Filco, Ninja Majestouch Black with yellow keys off of Amazon.This version is no longer available though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0060J3VCE/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

This is my first mechanical keyboard and I couldn't be happier. Filco keyboards are pure quality. Very solid and quite heavy for a keyboard. I know this keyboard will last a very long time.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here is my current selection.
Logitech G600 and Corsair K60 FPS
DSC00705-1.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

Sorry for the dirt and dust.

Ps. The darkness on the WASD is from my blue hairdye, not use.

Decided to give the cherry reds a shot, since the consensus is that they are the "gaming" switch type. Yep. That consensus would be correctomundo! These are MUCH nicer for gaming than the blues I've been using all these years. I am loving these. MUCH easier to on the ol' finger tips than the blues.

Pic of course of my new KBT Race 75%.

QGw8M.jpg

my ambidextrous persons dream set up?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Left side (duh??) Left Hand Edition Razer DeathAdder / Center Microsoft Ergo 4000 keyboard / Right Side Logitech G500

probably won't stay like this been trying to see if left handed peripherals improve the overall experience for my left handed self.... I long ago sort of gave up (i guess) and moused right handed....that and i never saw any left hand mice, back in the day starting out had to share computer with my right handed family and all.

so far if i'm honest the left hand mousing is sort of mixed... keyboard shortcuts are a pain in the ass..but I actually love mousing left while working / browsing

I'm having a ton of problems in games however ...mostly because my right hand that would now be working the keyboard is not wanting to cooperated very well. left hand aiming is better but I'm getting killed left and right (pun?) due to hitting the wrong keys or having to think too much about which key to hit w/ my right hand.

trying to give it more time..... I think I have decided to NOT return the LH DA either way cause I don't want to feel partially responsible if Razer decides to stop making a left hand gaming mouse ... AFAIK it is about the only left specific one and then of course there are some ambidextrous ones i guess.

screw you logitech and M$ for basically totally ignoring 10~% of the population... imagine the outrage if someone made a mouse that say Asians couldn't use... and then not only would they not fix it but they wouldn't make a version Asians could (i honestly don't know how or why anyone could make such a mouse nor do i actually know what percentage of the population Asians make up...but hopefully you get the idea???) It is bullshit that so many companies just totally disregard the needs / existence of the left handed...

RIGHTY IS GOING TO PAY !!!!! :D

/ends rant mode...

X-keys, nice. What kind of switches does it have?

Would you believe... rubber dome? :eek:

For the price I was really expecting Cherry switches, but I guess I understand the decision to use rubber dome. This isn't something that will be seeing a lot of keystrokes. It's just an extra 80 keys to fire off macros. Completely unecessary to even have, in most situations, but too be honest, I can't remember what Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F4 does, otherwise I would just use a keyboard. But it's easier to just hit a button. Purely a convenience item for me.

And for gaming it is rather cool since you can program the keys to, say... toggle solid backlight when pressed or blink. Helpful, in an MMO for things like timers and such...

Personally I think the Macroworks software is pretty sucky.. and I only use it to control the backlight. Other than that, it's only useful for very elementary macros. I use AutoHotKey for anything of any complexity.

With the MC404 and mechanical keyboards, how bad is the clicking? I have the KBT pure and I worry about my keyclicks pissing off skype-mates.

With the MC404 and mechanical keyboards, how bad is the clicking? I have the KBT pure and I worry about my keyclicks pissing off skype-mates.

The thing that's great about the mic, is also the thing thats the worst. Namely, it picks up every little sound within a 30' radius.

I tried looking for a software based noise cancellation solution and the closest thing I could find was this http://www.andreaelectronics.com/audiocommander.html

But I couldn't get it to work with the AC404, it will only work with the Andrea brand mics. Wish there was an option to add noise cancellation to the AC404 because it really is an amazing mic.

No pic of my keyboard (G110) but I thought it might be useful to someone to see my new mouse alongside some others as I had a hard time deciding myself. I've owned a long series of Logitech mice starting with the MX500, then the MX1000, MXRev, G700 and now the G500. I am a bit of a fan I guess.

I first got the G700 because I was playing WoW and wanted the extra buttons (Naga was unappealing, bad experiences with Razer mice; G600 wasn't out) and wanted to stay wireless if possible due to my desk making wired a little annoying. But I don't play anymore and realized it's not actually that comfortable. Tricky choice between the G400 and 500 but ended up with the later.

Since I still have my MX500 which is the same shape as the G400 I can compare size and comfort. At first I thought the G500 felt a bit bigger but it's actually very comparable. The MX500 shape has a little more room for your pinky and ring fingers to rest, which makes it a touch more comfortable with my hand, but they're otherwise similar enough. I put a single 4.5g weight in it just to keep it balanced feeling, I don't want to make it heavier than that though.

Pic: G700, G500, MX500 (and sorry it's pretty funky, has been in a drawer for years and the coating seems to have started melting or something)
WUCpa.jpg

I've been through so many mice...mainly Logitech but also Razer (Copperhead, Deathadder, Lachesis) and Microsoft (X8) and have settled on the SteelSeries Xai for the longest time now. It's ambi, has 4 side buttons, and great tracking. Very comfortable and practical. I have an MX518, Deathadder, MX500, MX700, etc. sitting in a drawer but I'm happy with the Xai. Not that those other mice aren't awesome, and I wanted to try the G400 and new SS Sensei (and that's leaving out all the other gaming mice from CoolerMaster, Mad Catz, Roccat, etc.) but I guess I grew tired of buying every new gaming mouse that was released and finally settled on one.

I can't bring myself to get rid of the ones that are collecting dust...same with keyboards. Typing right now on a Leopold with Cherry Reds...have a Leopold Otaku w/Browns, Das Keyboard Ultimate, Topre Realforce, Monoprice w/Blacks, Rosewills with Reds, Blues, Blacks, Filco w/Browns, etc. Yet I'm perfectly happy with my current setup. Periperhals/input devices are bad for the wallet if you are constantly seeking the perfect setup! Nice to see all of these great pics!

my ambidextrous persons dream set up?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Left side (duh??) Left Hand Edition Razer DeathAdder / Center Microsoft Ergo 4000 keyboard / Right Side Logitech G500

probably won't stay like this been trying to see if left handed peripherals improve the overall experience for my left handed self.... I long ago sort of gave up (i guess) and moused right handed....that and i never saw any left hand mice, back in the day starting out had to share computer with my right handed family and all.

so far if i'm honest the left hand mousing is sort of mixed... keyboard shortcuts are a pain in the ass..but I actually love mousing left while working / browsing

I'm having a ton of problems in games however ...mostly because my right hand that would now be working the keyboard is not wanting to cooperated very well. left hand aiming is better but I'm getting killed left and right (pun?) due to hitting the wrong keys or having to think too much about which key to hit w/ my right hand.

trying to give it more time..... I think I have decided to NOT return the LH DA either way cause I don't want to feel partially responsible if Razer decides to stop making a left hand gaming mouse ... AFAIK it is about the only left specific one and then of course there are some ambidextrous ones i guess.

screw you logitech and M$ for basically totally ignoring 10~% of the population... imagine the outrage if someone made a mouse that say Asians couldn't use... and then not only would they not fix it but they wouldn't make a version Asians could (i honestly don't know how or why anyone could make such a mouse nor do i actually know what percentage of the population Asians make up...but hopefully you get the idea???) It is bullshit that so many companies just totally disregard the needs / existence of the left handed...

RIGHTY IS GOING TO PAY !!!!! :D

/ends rant mode...

I have been thinking a lot about mouse shapes and exceptions, be it left hand users, or users that want to use their mouse in a very specific way, to give an example here, users that press right mouse button with ring finger, and so on. The only conclusion I could draw out of here is that those companies, that pretend that they studied what is important, do not want to make mice specifically for those exceptions. They prefer to alter the shape/functionality of a good model to allow the exceptions to at least to a degree be able to accept their mice. All respect for Razer in this aspect, however, they got other things that I hate them for.
In my opinion, there should exist different mice depending on those situations, and combinations between them.
1. Left and Right Hand Mice - Ambidextrous mice should not exist, there should be left versions for the mice that are succesful.
2. Specific mice or switchable right side of the mouse for people that want to use their mice with middle finger on the scrollwheel, and the ring finger to press the right mouse button.
3. Specific mice for people that want to place their wrist on the mousepad, and different ones for the people that want their hand in air or on a wrist pad - the solution would be adjustable height.

If you ask me now what I would do to have it solved?
I would make a mouse with 2 changeable right side of the mouse to catch both users that press right mouse button with their middle finger and those that use their ring finger for it. I will obviously NOT make it ambidextrous, but I would make a separate version for the left handed people.
To be more specific, I would make a mouse that has one of the right side parts with an inner curved grip, so that you can comfortably lift the mouse in air with the use of pinky only - this is for the situation when you use your ring finger for right mouse button.
Also, I woild make the other replacement right side of the mouse to have ENOUGH space for both ring finger and pinky, so that I will NEVER have my pinky drag on the mousepad, regardless of my hands size.

Or wait, I would actually make a 3rd replacement for the right side of the mouse, that would allow the user to drag their fingers on the mousepad, cause there are people like that.
Or wait for the 4th replacement part that would allow the most comfortable position ever, but would sacrifice the possibility of lifting the mouse.
Or... What about having to buy the mouse itself with a default right hand side, and buy separately as many right sides of the mouse as you want?

Maybe you want one for office, where you never lift your mouse off the table. Maybe you want one for FPS games, where you want a good left-right grip, and the possibility to lift off the mouse from the table. How about if you want to play a game where you need the scrollwheel a lot, and you are technically forced to use the scroll wheel with your middle finger leaving you in the situation of using right mouse button with ring finger. How about you are an FPS player with low sensitivity that obviously lift off the mouse a lot from the table, but when you want to shoot an enemy you want to grip your mouse with the fingers on the mousepad? How about the situation where you are an FPS player that doesn't want to touch at all the mousepad, regardless of the chosen grip? How about you are a player with a bigger hand, and want a wider mouse?

See how many possibilities open?

I guess no one wants to take this example, and they prefer to make mice that cover to a 30% satisfaction the customers, instead of making 2 separate mice that has 90% satisfaction. Hopefully some company will come with some better products for higher satisfaction rate. Until then, only thing left is to rant here and there, as I got sick of their marketing decisions and trying to sell 5% more with those decisions, instead of selling 200% more by choosing a correct shape.

I am sure that even if I did mistakes or I forgot to mention things in my post, at least some of the people that read it will start to think more seriously about how important the mouse shape is and the impact on their gaming/working experience, and hopefully some companies will start to take it more seriously as well, and build better mice for the more demanding customers. Or even better, maybe some company will start doing it the very serious way, with part replacements store. Razer came with Naga with replacement sides, but that mouse unfortunately covers only small hands (actually very small hands) and the rest of the people are left without a choice.

The most comfortable shape ever so far is between Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 and Microsoft Sidewinder X5. However, even if IE 3.0 has better shape, doesn't cover all hand sizes, and even if the X5 covers the big hands, is not as comfortable as IE 3.0 is. So is a bit of a trade off in the disadvantage of the people with big hands.

Last edited:
Huh, do the majority of people actually use their middle finger for right click? I thought I was just weird and the opposite was actually true (that most people use their ring finger and leave the middle one over the wheel, which I've never found comfortable).

I first got the G700 because I was playing WoW and wanted the extra buttons (Naga was unappealing, bad experiences with Razer mice; G600 wasn't out) and wanted to stay wireless if possible due to my desk making wired a little annoying. But I don't play anymore and realized it's not actually that comfortable. Tricky choice between the G400 and 500 but ended up with the later.

Since I still have my MX500 which is the same shape as the G400 I can compare size and comfort. At first I thought the G500 felt a bit bigger but it's actually very comparable. The MX500 shape has a little more room for your pinky and ring fingers to rest, which makes it a touch more comfortable with my hand, but they're otherwise similar enough. I put a single 4.5g weight in it just to keep it balanced feeling, I don't want to make it heavier than that though.

Pic: G700, G500, MX500 (and sorry it's pretty funky, has been in a drawer for years and the coating seems to have started melting or something)

Does the G500 have more pinky finger space than the G700? It's always seemed that way to me when I try them out in stores but I'm always holding them at weird angles there so I dunno if it's in my head or what... The dpi buttons on the G500 always seem clickier and easier to press than the G700's too, but again, I dunno if maybe that's just a case of G700 demo units being fubar. Thoughts?

I've been using an ancient MX1100 that's getting long in the tooth, I think I actually wanna get a G500 for gaming (just for the shape) and maybe continue using the MX when not gaming, just to give my hand a break? I wish there was a wireless version of the G500 without all of the G700's extra mods/buttons, that'd be my ideal mouse I think.

Oh and yeah, those soft touch rubber coatings or panels will completely disintegrate with time and they're impossible to clean out (just keeps peeling and stays sticky no matter what you clean it with)... Had the same thing happen with my older MX1000 (the one with the charging base that sucked) as well as with a Moto Bluetooth speaker that had a similar but softer/thinner coating.

Huh, do the majority of people actually use their middle finger for right click?

Does the G500 have more pinky finger space than the G700?

My middle finger naturally rests on the RMB, would be weird to hold it any other way.

The G700 is taller on the right side with the right mouse button going closer to the edge, whereas the G500 is the other way around if that makes sense. The MX500 goes even further in that direction with the most space for fingers to rest.

The DPI buttons on the G500 are easy to click compared to the three buttons to the left of LMB on the G700, which are very hard to press and give poor feedback - the G500 buttons generally have a nice click to them (note that you can assign DPI changing to pretty much any buttons on either mouse; I never used it at all on the G700 while playing WoW).

My middle finger naturally rests on the RMB, would be weird to hold it any other way.

The G700 is taller on the right side with the right mouse button going closer to the edge, whereas the G500 is the other way around if that makes sense. The MX500 goes even further in that direction with the most space for fingers to rest.

The DPI buttons on the G500 are easy to click compared to the three buttons to the left of LMB on the G700, which are very hard to press and give poor feedback - the G500 buttons generally have a nice click to them (note that you can assign DPI changing to pretty much any buttons on either mouse; I never used it at all on the G700 while playing WoW).

Can you check if the G500 has more space on the right side for ring finger then MX500? The reason I ask this is that on MX500 I was pretty much forced to have my ring finger going pretty much to a fixed spot as there was too small space between mousepad and mouse button 2, and when I tried to position my pinky I was always being forced to drag it on the table. Please let me know if you find G500 better from this point of view.

Thanks, that was my general impression but a lot of G700 owners' opinion often confused me... I'll probably get a G500 eventually, whether for gaming or everything. I've realized wireless doesn't make much of a difference either with my current desk space (I could even plug the G500 directly into my Corsair keyboard's extension port).

Can you check if the G500 has more space on the right side for ring finger then MX500?

Well like I said I find the MX500 shape to have a little more space at least with my hands. The mouse buttons are offset to the left a little, you can see in these comparison shots. So there's more room for the ring finger, which in turn means the pinky has more room too. Edit: So I guess if you didn't like the MX500 you wouldn't like the G400 or 500. if this were a bigger issue for me I'd probably look at something like the Mionix Naos which has a friggin' huge right side

zSudb.jpg

VFQV8.jpg

pf80Q.jpg

Last edited:
Well like I said I find the MX500 shape to have a little more space at least with my hands. The mouse buttons are offset to the left a little, you can see in these comparison shots. So there's more room for the ring finger, which in turn means the pinky has more room too. Edit: So I guess if you didn't like the MX500 you wouldn't like the G400 or 500. if this were a bigger issue for me I'd probably look at something like the Mionix Naos which has a friggin' huge right side

Finally a complete answer, even if is not the answer I was hoping for. Really Thank You Very Much.
If you look at the dished out line that goes from the back of the mouse all the way to the front, that is the thing that either forced my ring finger to sit dangerously close to button 2, so it rests "on" the line, or I will be forced to go under the line, which for longer fingers will also get your ring finger closer to mousepad. Glad you understood my problem, only Logitech seems to not understand it.

I am seriously thinking about changing to Mionix Naos 5000, however, I am tempted to wait a bit longer. The sensor in Sidewinder X5 is the best sensor I have ever seen in my entire life(except for maximum tracking speed). If you want a detailed explanation, this is: Imagine that your brain starts to get feedback from all the movements that you do, and it starts to confirm that every movement is the way it should be. I have never in my life felt like every movement I do translates perfectly into ingame movement like with this mouse. However, since is not an Avago sensor, and doesn't have much popularity probably they will not be seen in a better mouse. However, the maximum tracking speed of Sidewinder X5 is poor, and if you try to instantly turn 180 degrees by pulling the mouse in one direction as fast as you can, the sensor will get stuck. So it is simply is a shame that I saw a great tracking precision, but not enough maximum tracking speed to cover for most fps players. However, I am not happy with what I read about Avago 9500 sensor, so I will wait a bit longer. And no, I do not wish to "ACCEPT" it as it is, as my performance ingame improved alot just by using the "slow" Sidewinder X5, even if I will never be able to turn myself fast to kill someone that shoots me from behind. That is how important is to have a prediction/accelleration free sensor. But who cares...

Last edited:
Even though the G500 has less of a border and a wider button, it still has more pinky/ring finger room in general than a lot of other mice since that whole edge is very sloped... Other mice have a sharper edge which force you to decide where to put your finger (top/side). When I've held it I didn't think it was a big deal whether my ring finger was on the button's edge, in between, or whatever... I haven't really used it for a prolonged period tho.

The Mionix Naos looks nice but man, that Logitech switchable wheel is hard to give up... Although if you're gonna use different mice for gaming and general use then I guess it's irrelevant. I'm not a fan of having buttons in front and behind the scroll wheel tho, never felt natural (particularly the one behind). Only buttons of that sort that I've liked were the MX1000's because it was this huge toggle you could depress even with the middle of your finger (for the rear one).

Even though the G500 has less of a border and a wider button, it still has more pinky/ring finger room in general than a lot of other mice since that whole edge is very sloped... Other mice have a sharper edge which force you to decide where to put your finger (top/side). When I've held it I didn't think it was a big deal whether my ring finger was on the button's edge, in between, or whatever... I haven't really used it for a prolonged period tho.

The Mionix Naos looks nice but man, that Logitech switchable wheel is hard to give up... Although if you're gonna use different mice for gaming and general use then I guess it's irrelevant. I'm not a fan of having buttons in front and behind the scroll wheel tho, never felt natural (particularly the one behind). Only buttons of that sort that I've liked were the MX1000's because it was this huge toggle you could depress even with the middle of your finger (for the rear one).

If the logitech G500 is less of a border as you say means that you can rest comfortably your ring finger touching the most curved part of the border line? If you can't rest it there then you are forced to either go over it, or keep your finger under it.

As for the wheel, I can only say that if a mouse will give comfortable shape, and good quality main buttons, side buttons, and simple wheel that works good, I doubt I will sacrifice my comfort for a stupid "free" wheel.. Sorry didn't mean to sound rude, but I really find it 100 times more important to have a quality mouse with a comfortable shape compared to a switch between free wheel and step by step wheel, put on a mouse that will never feel comfortable in my hand.

Also, the statement that there doesn't exist a perfect shape is a lie, that manufacturers want us to believe. What is true though, is that there isn't a general shape that will cover all ways of using the mouse.
What I can't stress enough is that there is a very specific shape for this example of users:
- right handed
- fps gamer with low sensitivity => mouse needs to be easy to be lifted
- big/medium/small hands.
- the player wants to touch grip the pad with the wrist but not the fingers.
- the player wants to not touch the mousepad with the fingers.
- palm gripping the mouse

The fact that no company wants to make mice specifically for a group that has those requirements above, is very different from trying to make us believe that all users that has same style of play will want different shapes, cause that is not true.
I could go even further, and specify a very custom way of keeping a mouse in hand for the very best performances in games, but pro gamers out there that figured this out will hate me for it. Lets just say that there are very specific ways of holding and using a mouse to gain maximum control so that your performance in game is at highest level.

So my final point, is that all players that play fps games with low sensitivity, and are right handed, will want the exact same mouse for maximum performance. Unfortunately, most companies, try to make a single mouse that cover smaller and bigger hands, lefties and righties, palm grip with claw grip, liftable with hard liftable, right button click with ring and with middle finger, and they expect us to believe that the reason we don't like it is the fact that doesn't exist a mouse for everyone.

Last edited:
i use an m705 for gaming on my htpc (wireless) and it has a distinct bump on the side above which youre supposed to put your ring finger, and below which youre supposed to put your pinky. if i or any other adult male does this, it leaves it leaves the pinky dragging on the mouse pad. if i want to do any serious gaming i use my G500 on my gaming rig. it is a roomy mouse where you dont have to smash your fingers together.

If the logitech G500 is less of a border as you say means that you can rest comfortably your ring finger touching the most curved part of the border line? If you can't rest it there then you are forced to either go over it, or keep your finger under it.

That was my point, you can rest your finger anywhere all along that area, thanks to the gentle slope that doesn't break it up into two distinct sides. At least I can anyway... I imagine some people might be put off by the ring finger edging the button if they tend to have a tight grip with it tho.

Plasti-Dip'd my CM Storm Quickfire.

6468175099_cdb59fff3f_o.jpg

6468173935_ae75349642_o.jpg

6468173159_8c9f42ca10_o.jpg

6468172419_1f5797299a_o.jpg
damn you as i scroll threw these im looking at this cm keyboard and telling by self i like everything about this keyboard good price sleek mechanical im gonna go get one before frys closes tonight but the one thing i dont like is the finish so then im gonna take a trip to home depot on the way homw and pick up plasti dip in a spray can and paint it flat black man ill even make a how to guide and everything i had it all planned out untill i ran into your post...
BTW where did you buy your keycaps?

Back