Post your Mouse and Keyboard pics

Discussion in 'Mice and Keyboards' started by Mr. Wolf, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Nielo TM

Nielo TM Gawd

Yes if you have trimmed nails :D

The keyboard isn't perfect. It needs some DIY. You'll have to place paper under the battery cover so the batteries don't move due to vibration. The stabilizer under the keyboard (maybe) too short causing the keyboard to warp/bend as you type. You can easily fix it by placing something under. Took me less than 2 min to fix both and can't really complain for the price.

Edit: The keys do feel nice and sturdy and properly spaced hence why I kept it. Also, it doesn't make that cheap plastic noise most flat keyboards do. It sounds similar to laptop keys.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. Tyler-Durden

Tyler-Durden 2[H]4U

I've noticed a black gunky film that accumulates on the skids after a few days of using the mouse on my desk. Very strange, because I cleaned the desk thoroughly before deciding to forego any mouse pad. I'm going to pull my old Icemat out of storage and see if it does as well as the desk without this gunk build up problem.

3. BroHamBone

BroHamBone [H]ard|Gawd

That is the main reason I stopped using Hard surface mouse pads. Well that, and the actual "ribbed" surface faded after a while. I do have a soft pad now, but I wash it every month or so.

4. jcvjcvjcvjcv

jcvjcvjcvjcv Gawd

At first I had a CorePad EyePad or something like that (very similar, different name), but when I bought that Steelseries QcK mini for another place I noticed how much smoother the gliding was on the new pad compared to my 7(?) year old greased-up pad.

I has been washed now, but I think it's just worn out. But whatever, a €5 pad for even more years...

5. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

Logitech G602 and Logiteck K750 Solar Keyboard.
    I am using an Alvin hard cutting pad for my mouse pad.
    EDIT: just noticed my clock isn't set back, lol.
    [​IMG]

6. Tyler-Durden

Tyler-Durden 2[H]4U

^^ Great keyboard! I use a K750, too, though for gaming I switch to a mechanical tenkeyless.

How do you like your G602? I'm deciding between it or the new Diamondback.

7. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Gawd

Hey,
    I am using my Cherry Touchboard g80-1190 for a few days now and I am not sure about it anymore.
    This is my first mechanical keyboard and the feel is quite astonishing. The sound too. The black keys move super nice BUT:

I don't think it was a good pick for gaming (granted I got it for free). Keys are very slippery (which is not mayba a bad thing), control key is super small, I can't disable windows keys.... and most of all, Its super laud. And blacks are the most quiet form of switches, right ?

So the main problem with it, is the weird layout, not best for gaming ctrl keys, loud sund, poor key rollover and its tiresome. My finger hurt after playing binding of isaac for few hours.

I love the keyboard anyway. I like the high profile keys and all but gaming might not be destinaton of this keyboard. Or I might just be too accomodated to old style rubberdome keyboards I've been using for years.

Can You guys recommend me some cheap good keyboard then?
    I don't want any special keys or stuff. mute volume button would be nice, ability to disable windows keys and better keys rollover would be good too.

Actually I use cheap dell keyboard kb212 at work and its very good. But it have bad key rollover and don't have option to mute audio or disable winkey. Lighting would be a cool additon too.
    I still have my supr old g11 but now I see how stupidly big it is. I never used it's additional keys and Cherry now is so small, that I don't want to go back to huge g11 with 20 useless keys.

Anyone use rubber o-rings with cherry ?

8. sharknice

sharknice [H]ard|Gawd

I switched to a Logitech G910 and G440 a couple months ago. My Corsair K95 had a ton of dead LEDs and it seemed like some keys weren't registering very well so I decided to switch. My Corsair MM400 was starting to come apart on the edges so I replaced that too.

The shorter actuation took a couple weeks to get used to. My accuracy has improved with this keyboard for both gaming and typing. Mostly due to the keycaps, but the shorter actuation helps too, it also seems to be a little more responsive.

The phone stand is really nice when in phone meetings, I don't use any of the software to display things on it though.

Smite recently added lighting controls for the keyboard. Now it blinks red when a game is about to start and breifly whenever you level up. I thought it would just be gimmicky but it actually is pretty nice.

[​IMG]

9. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

I really like the G602, feels really good and the batteries last a long time.
    I am heavy user (12-16 hours every single day) and I guess I get a few weeks of use between charges. I use Eneloop batteries in the mouse.

When I play FPS games I use a G13 keypad, and use the K750 for other games like Diablo 3.

[​IMG]

10. kimahri626

kimahri626 Limp Gawd

My desk is a disaster. I'll post one soon. Gotta clean!

11. foxhound2001

foxhound2001 Limp Gawd

I'm a leaner so I picked up an xl mouse pad for my elbow protection.

[​IMG]

12. D4rkn3ss

D4rkn3ss 2[H]4U

japanese girls!!!!! yo share the pic bro :D

13. foxhound2001

foxhound2001 Limp Gawd

14. D4rkn3ss

D4rkn3ss 2[H]4U

15. Tyler-Durden

Tyler-Durden 2[H]4U

Persistence and extremely good luck was rewarded today. I picked up what could be one of the last sealed, brand new, original Razer Diamondback Blue Plasma mice in the U.S. It's my all-time favorite mouse. I almost don't want to open it.

[​IMG]

My ten-year old Red Diamondback still works pretty well, thought it's definitely showing its age.

[​IMG]

16. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

Haha wow, where did you manage to find that? eBay?

17. Tyler-Durden

Tyler-Durden 2[H]4U

^^ Yeah, I check eBay every few weeks for D'back mice. Saw this listed for $200. Offered $100. We settled on $125. Expensive? Hell yes, but I've never used a better mouse. The new D'back refresh had me interested until I learned it has that god-awful soft-touch coating. I hate that stuff. :p :mad:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  18. jacuzz1

jacuzz1 [H]ardness Supreme

[​IMG]

iPhone Pic .. sorry, the phone was within reach when I saw the thread

19. newestguyhere

newestguyhere n00b

20. Tyler-Durden

Tyler-Durden 2[H]4U

After the glowing reviews of these cutting mats as mouse pads, I decided to try one. Consider me convinced. I got this 18" x 12" Fiskars mat from Walmart for just $12. It slides on the desk top fairly easily so I'm going to put some double-sided tape under the corners. The mat has very smooth tracking with good control. I like it. :)

[​IMG]

21. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

And as a bonus, you can now measure and cut fabric while you play games and surf the web! :D

22. Tyler-Durden

Tyler-Durden 2[H]4U

Or, measure and cut lines of cocaine for those 72-hour gaming sessions. :p

23. Tyler-Durden

Tyler-Durden 2[H]4U

I found the coolest cutting mat. It's clear and looks great. Sadly, what makes it look great also makes it unusable for mousing. The clearness prevents any reliable tracking. I guess there's nothing for the optical sensor to "grab onto."

[​IMG]

Exchanged it for a black one. Not nearly as cool, but it works.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  24. frankmansal

frankmansal Limp Gawd

I loved my diamond back and I still have my razer tarantula.

25. Tyler-Durden

Tyler-Durden 2[H]4U

Scroll up for the story about how I found that Diamondback. ;)