Post Your Mac Setup!

Centauri: thanks, Its just some 1x6 poplar boards and a piece of plywood. I was going to paint it, but I was too impatient

novadude: It would be very rare that I would ever lose a drive in both arrays. I don't have anything misson critical on there, but pretty soon I'm going to have my VMWare VI3.5 server setup with about 4tb of raid5 disk space, so I'll probably do backups there as well just to be safe

BMWlover: Its an aristo-craft sd-45.. G (1:20.3)scale for running in gardens actually, so it actually weighs like 15lbs and has 4 motors

as far as the Mac Pro, I use it for daily internet, IM, Photoshop CS3, Reason 4.0, Logic 8, Vmware fusion, etc.. basically everything

2602302721_fe45e6129f_b.jpg

from mbp to dual externals? how does that work?

He said on the other Show your LCD Setup thread that its and hackintosh. ;)

he isnt running the dual monitors off of the MBP.. unless he has an invisible DVI plug..But you could do it with a Matrox Dual-Head-To-Go or Triple-Head-To-Go

nice screen. but out of focus?!?? can you try taking another shot? please:)

Well unfortunately I've changed my wallpaper since I took that photo. This new one is really tight tho.

mymac2.jpg

@rev2001 - look at those icons! They're HUGE. Anyways I've seen that wall on deviant art before...dont know what it's exactly called though.

@rev2001 - look at those icons! They're HUGE. Anyways I've seen that wall on deviant art before...dont know what it's exactly called though.

That's what she said! :p

They actually work out perfect with how i set my workspace up once everything is running. Plus I'm not one to use the desktop for anything except for those and temp files.

Cryptic1911, the Aristocraft SD45 is 1:29 scale, though it does run on G gauge track, 1:20.3 is G scale narrow gauge. Just wanted to make things clear, not intending to make you feel stupid

Cryptic1911, the Aristocraft SD45 is 1:29 scale, though it does run on G gauge track, 1:20.3 is G scale narrow gauge. Just wanted to make things clear, not intending to make you feel stupid

ah yeah actually you are right.. I had forgotten what the scale "G" was and that popped into my head and it sounded close :D

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

This is my basement office area...

2.8ghz 8 core mac pro 10GB of RAM (left monitor)
Core Duo 2 mac mini streaming to apple tv in the theater room (middle monitor/mini mounted under desk)
2.4ghz macbook pro for around the house

The third pc is a vista gaming machine for when I have my gaming friends over. :)

I always said when I grow up I wanna have a crazy setup... now I say I want chirsman5000 setup!
Absolutely beautiful house and amazing setup so clean, so elegant really is one of the best setups I have ever seen! I just noticed you have a home theater, man take pics of that too:D

Edit: Dude where are your computer speakers:confused:

Thanks for the compliments...

The speakers for the MAC's are in the ceiling (4 of them) and controlled by a denon receiver mounted under the desk. There is also a subwoofer under the receiver.

The home theater gallery and rest of pictures are here:

http://gallery.mac.com/kurfer#100064

For some reason.... I hate chrisman5000 for his basement.... Is this jealousy ?

Edit: Ya after seeing the .mac gallery... I think it is jealousy... I digg it but I would want a little bit bigger Theater room ^^

Chrisman5000 Rockefeller?
Chrismba5000 Vanderbilt?
Chrisman5000 Getty?
Chrisman5000 Gates?
Chrisman5000 related to the Sultan of Brunei?

:p

Seriously, that's about the most amazing setup I've EVER seen!

Alright I absolutely LOVE your office. Are those wood panels on the wall behind your desk? If so can you tell me where I can find them?

hah, it looks like he just took pictures of the last hotel he stayed at! nice set up!

dont have a camera at the moment but this is what im working with
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 9 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

So, you don't have a camera, but you have a Mac Pro? Wow, sounds like somebody needs to catch up with the times. So hurry up and get a camera so we can all see the shots of your MP :D

New Apartment, New desk...

Got the desk at staples for $99, the shelf is from staples too and it was about $70 i think

img3394tz6.jpg

img3396mh8.jpg

lol, sorry if I offended you, just trying to make a little joke :p No harm intended.

Anyway, that's a really nice clean setup you have compslckr. I really like how it's actually nice and neat, unlike my desk :D I still need to get pictures of my new iMac, I've just been too lazy

Back