Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say this if it hasn't already been said, the use of the banana stand as a headphone stand is such an ingenious idea! I think I might have to pick one up since all the headphones stands I've been looking at are quite expensive relative to the cost it probably takes to make one.

Alai~

I picked them up for just under $200.00 shipped and at my door in 4 days. They are used but didn't see much action with their previous owner, as nice as they are, they were are no where near the other phones he has! :D

2GB Sansa Clip arrived yesterday, along with a pair of Sennheiser CX300.

imgp1704eb0.jpg

imgp1714pr9.jpg

I am very impressed with the Clip; OGG & FLAC playback, no reliance on iTunes/WMP, lovely soundstage (one of the best I've heard from a portable player), gorgeous OLED display, custom EQs, FM radio, radio & voice recording, platform-independent firmware upgrades, etc.

The CX300 are okay, but they didn't really blow me away. I generally wear headband cans (I own both Koss PortaPro & Sennheiser PX100) so I don't have much to compare the CX300 too, but they sound about on par with properly modified Koss SparkPlugs (I don't know what happened to my pair so I can't do a proper comparison!).

2GB Sansa Clip arrived yesterday, along with a pair of Sennheiser CX300.

imgp1704eb0.jpg

imgp1714pr9.jpg

I am very impressed with the Clip; OGG & FLAC playback, no reliance on iTunes/WMP, lovely soundstage (one of the best I've heard from a portable player), gorgeous OLED display, custom EQs, FM radio, radio & voice recording, platform-independent firmware upgrades, etc.

The CX300 are okay, but they didn't really blow me away. I generally wear headband cans (I own both Koss PortaPro & Sennheiser PX100) so I don't have much to compare the CX300 too, but they sound about on par with properly modified Koss SparkPlugs (I don't know what happened to my pair so I can't do a proper comparison!).

I have the CX300's, they are great IMO. Much better then the Ipod head phones. Well worth it for the price.

Not much of a headphones / sound-philia type, so hence the crappy headphones on a banana holder:

2989317877_e48a726167_b.jpg

2990172540_4df6ae6c0c_b.jpg

It's funny, just the other day I was listening to my Clip at school and my friend comes up to me (holding his iPod) and asks "Oh is that some generic mp3 player?"

How ignorant some people are :rolleyes:

It's funny, just the other day I was listening to my Clip at school and my friend comes up to me (holding his iPod) and asks "Oh is that some generic mp3 player?"

Hah, yes, I've already had one person ask whether I bought it because I couldn't afford an iPod Shuffle!

Tac said:
Now I'm itching to build a cmoy.
Fixed it for you ;)

I agree, just because its not a iPod, doesnt mean its not a good mp3, i swear my soon to be retired 256 muvo txFM sounds the same or better then alot of iPods. But who can blame uneducated people who think that iPods are the best just because everyone has them? We cant all be audiophiles....

I agree, just because its not a iPod, doesnt mean its not a good mp3, i swear my soon to be retired 256 muvo txFM sounds the same or better then alot of iPods. But who can blame uneducated people who think that iPods are the best just because everyone has them? We cant all be audiophiles....

I'm still using an iHP-120 -> cmoy/fiio e3 -> Koss KSC35.

I get weird looks because...
1. My screen isn't color (which really isn't needed for music)
2. I have a box connected to my MP3 player
3. My headphones "look old and terrible"

Personally I love this 'look' since I'll never get mugged this way.

^^ I envy you. If only my iHP-120 still worked. I think it just needs a new hard drive.

Use a CF drive. It works great with a CF drive.

I wish MP3 players were over the top like they used to be in 2004-06.

I love how my player has both bitperfect optical input and output! To think I bought this for $10 with AC adapter 3 years ago!

I'm still using an iHP-120 -> cmoy/fiio e3 -> Koss KSC35.

I get weird looks because...
1. My screen isn't color (which really isn't needed for music)
2. I have a box connected to my MP3 player
3. My headphones "look old and terrible"

Personally I love this 'look' since I'll never get mugged this way.

What 'look'? I see no pics...;) *hint hint*

PICS PLS

Finally got a proper stand for my headphones a couple of days ago.

001.jpg

Plus a cover too. :)

002.jpg

But I'm still using a cheap $20 table for my DAC and amp...lol. :eek:

My current setup:

1. Xcan V2 + X-PSU with some TARA-labs cables to the Audigy 4.
_DSC7366-2.jpg

2. Sennheiser HD-555 + Zalman Mic-1
_DSC7367-2.jpg

I also have a pair of Beyerdynamic but forgot which model. For my iPod I have a pair of AKG K26P, before those I had Sennheiser PX200 I think it was.

Wow
a223c6b3710f85df22e9377d6c4f7553.jpg
6c1da886822c67822bcf3679d04369fa.jpg
0e3a37aa85a14e359df74fa77eded3f6.jpg
A cover for your headphones. Never thought I would see the day! Then again, all of us audiophiles are slightly crazy.

TBH I wasn't that impressed with the Senny holder when I got mine with my HD485's, mainly due to the poor design of the screw/clamp - the fact that the bottom face screws up & down makes the fact that you can reposition the bottom face into 3 positions completely useless!

lmfao, $200+ headphone cables. ahahaha

Here, let me sleeve this high quality $15 spool of wire and resell it for $50.99/ft. Oh, can't forget the $5.99 headphone jack too. And on top of that, they give you a 30-day guarantee. ahaha :p

My new baby....
...Was running a pair of Senn HD570's before.
The 650 is clearly a step above right out of the box!

I think I'll upgrade the stock cable soon though.

[click on each to see a larger image]

My new baby....
...Was running a pair of Senn HD570's before.
The 650 is clearly a step above right out of the box!

I think I'll upgrade the stock cable soon though.

[click on each to see a larger image]
Why??? What's wrong with the cables?

Why??? What's wrong with the cables?

Nothing really, I mean the stock cable works just fine - however it's pretty well known that to get the best out of the HD 650's a higher quality cable is required.
(Not to mention a good amp and stable source).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back