Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
401184688_ae51d6c8d5_o.jpg

]

Nice name, fubar.

Nice. I love the 202's except my wires got tugged too hard and I need to solder the wiring back. :( haven't got around to doing that but those things were cheap bass!

Not exactly the most portable setup, but it fits in my jacket pocket okay.

Sony MZ-R90 MD Recorder, Koss PortaPro headphones, Penguin Deluxe Amp.

headphones1.jpg

I bought the amp pre-made, because whereas I managed to make my first Burr Brown OPA2134 amp with my limited knowledge of electronics, I knew that I wouldn't have stood a chance of balancing a circuit around a pair of LM6171 amps.

headphones2.jpg

All I have to do is compare the sound out of this setup to the same track on an ipod with those crappy little white earbuds... it doesn't even sound like the same track.

Eh.. just realized this is not the thread for that question. I have 280pro's I just took a picture of paired with an amp that I don't know anything about (aren't I helpful?) but I'm having some issues with my photobucket account. Rock on.

It's a Meizu M6. Go to miniplayer.info if you are interested.

Today I found out one of my classmates has one of those. I tried it and wasn't impressed, but then again it was with her crappy earbuds. I plugged my senn's in and WOW, awesome SQ and bass in my face (ok that didn't make sense nvm). My question is how does the SQ compare to the cowon's (if you've heard any of them, I've only heard a U2 with crappy earbuds)? I'm deciding between the M6 and the cowon D2, and right now I'm leaning towards the D2 because of SD expansion and touch screen and the M6 is too ipod-like :p

eetoi,

I have never heard any mp3 player except for 1st generation nano :) I just happened to know what Meizu is. You can find more information about it on head-fi, in the portables section. It seems that Meizu is roughly equal to cowon's players in SQ, maybe just a tad behind, but with a different sonic signature.

Hey guys,

Im looking at up grading the stocko cable that came with my HD600's to a Cardas cable http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=products&content_id=15&pagestring=Headphone&product_id=46
I was just wondering if any one had used them and what they thought??

Cheers,

Luke..

I've heard good things about the cardas upgrade cable. to me the price just seems too high and plan to make my own sometime in the not-so distant future. The cardas cable is about $7/ft so 10' would run about $70-80 including shipping. a $15 hd650 cable (including shipping) will yield the necessary plugs and then the TRS plug of your choice. A little work and you've got yourself a cardas cable for half the price

Today I found out one of my classmates has one of those. I tried it and wasn't impressed, but then again it was with her crappy earbuds. I plugged my senn's in and WOW, awesome SQ and bass in my face (ok that didn't make sense nvm). My question is how does the SQ compare to the cowon's (if you've heard any of them, I've only heard a U2 with crappy earbuds)? I'm deciding between the M6 and the cowon D2, and right now I'm leaning towards the D2 because of SD expansion and touch screen and the M6 is too ipod-like :p

I find the SQ to be pretty good. I've never heard the D2 though. I prefer the Meizu over iPods for the customizable EQ and battery life. =T I didn't plan on amping my portable, so the Meizu was fine considering it doesn't have a line out. But after auditioning MisterX's Xp amp that a friend has, I'm almost definite I'm going to get one. I'm going to be borrowing it tonight for a few days to make sure I want to triple the size of my portable setup. =T

So MisterX, expect a PM soon. =]

I find the SQ to be pretty good. I've never heard the D2 though. I prefer the Meizu over iPods for the customizable EQ and battery life. =T I didn't plan on amping my portable, so the Meizu was fine considering it doesn't have a line out. But after auditioning MisterX's Xp amp that a friend has, I'm almost definite I'm going to get one. I'm going to be borrowing it tonight for a few days to make sure I want to triple the size of my portable setup. =T

So MisterX, expect a PM soon. =]

Yes, I'm currently looking at a few different portable amps in the $100 and under range and the XP is the clear winner out of them. It is more detailed and has better bass then the Xtra X-1 (currently listening), LDM+ or C&C Box (which has just totally fallen apart on some of the tracks)

Very nice! Those HP-2s? I don't see any switches. Where did you get them? And, most importantly... how do they sound? Yer lucky :D

BTW, I assume you are on Head-Fi? Whats your username over there?

Very nice! Those HP-2s? I don't see any switches. Where did you get them? And, most importantly... how do they sound? Yer lucky :D

BTW, I assume you are on Head-Fi? Whats your username over there?

The HP-1 had the polarity switches, not the HP-2. I got them from a really nice seller near Boston. They sound good. I'm j-pak on Headfi.

[A]MD-Fan;1030734221 said:
The HP-1 had the polarity switches, not the HP-2. I got them from a really nice seller near Boston. They sound good. I'm j-pak on Headfi.

I know... that's what I asked. I saw no switches, so I was asking if they were infact HP-2's ;)

I know... that's what I asked. I saw no switches, so I was asking if they were infact HP-2's ;)

Oh sorry I misunderstood.
Did you mean are they HP-2 or HP-3?

For those that care some more pictures. IMO these are quite photogenic even with my 6 year old camera:

cable.jpg

012.jpg

007.jpg

004.jpg

its been a while since ive posted here. my set up isnt too special (description in sig):

b78773803.jpg

b78773796.jpg

b78773799.jpg

does anyone know of a better pair of headphones that would pair well with the cmoy (opa2227) amp?

those are in fantastic shape..congrats! A far cry from the pair that has been to hell and back currently for sale at headfi.

those are in fantastic shape..congrats! A far cry from the pair that has been to hell and back currently for sale at headfi.

It was a little sad that he was accepting offers over $1200 for a pair in such poor condition. Even worse if someone paid that.

I was going to wait until I... added some worthy cans to my collection, but boredom set in :p

PICT0860.jpg

Just my Sennheiser PMX200's, nothing special. They've really opened up since burn-in. The ear clips/hangers hurt like 300 warriors on my ears from the pinching after half an hour or so, any modding suggestions? The neckband keeps the cups close enough to my ears for a good seal, the clips/hangers only serve to keep them from sliding down. I'm sure there's something I can do to make these less fatiguing.:confused:

Got my yuin pk2s yesterday
these little things kick ass
yuin_pk2.jpg

and these are my hd497s
hd497.jpg

as you can see
there age is showing

i tried to do some soldering today to learn
i burnt myself
and i think i need a different tip
i don't have a flat one
and my solder joints were too thick, they were spilling over into the next leads
it's tough
i'm going to practice some more and hopefully build a cmoy
if i can't do it, i'm just going to buy a damn mini amp

i tried to do some soldering today to learn
i burnt myself
and i think i need a different tip
i don't have a flat one
and my solder joints were too thick, they were spilling over into the next leads
it's tough
i'm going to practice some more and hopefully build a cmoy
if i can't do it, i'm just going to buy a damn mini amp

For a cmoy (and generally anything small) I think what you want is a small, conical tip.
Don't give up! Keep practicing, and generally try to keep the time spent flowing solder to a minimum, make sure your iron is hot enough. Flux in a tube helps A LOT.
It looks like you have a nice weller iron, how much was it? I'm still using a cheapo Radioshack iron...

I got it at Fry's for like $30
It has a conical tip now
I'm going to try to clean up the excess solder with braid, but I tried it on one joint and it did soak up some solder, but didn't really remove it.

Good thing these proto boards are cheap.

actually
looking at the tangentsoft pics
my solder job isn't too bad
none of the bridges are connected
i'm just doing jumpers now, see if i can finish it today

I wouldn't worry to much about having to much solder, in fact with those radio shack proto boards it can actually help stabilize the pads (they don't like a lot of heat).

Example:

HPIM1422.jpg

HPIM1417.JPG

HPIM1427.jpg

I have the best headphone in ear monitors in the world. They are the Ultimate Ears UE10' Pro. They are $1000 would anyone like to see them. You have to get your ear imprinted and they make molds so they fit perfect. Perfect base, perfect treb, perfect fit!

UE-10 Pro™ Features:

The UE-10 Pro™ is the most accurate custom personal monitor available. The sound is studio reference quality with a true 20Hz to 16k frequency range. The low-end is tight but not overstated while the mid range is dynamic and the highs are crystal clear. The triple driver configuration makes this custom personal monitor a must for any application, especially ear monitor systems that do not offer the high frequency boost options.

While the UE-10 Pro™ was designed for professional applications, it is just as well suited for use with an iPod, portable DVD player, or any other portable music device. This is the ultimate in high definition and precise sound reproduction. It is a must have for those seeking the absolute best listening experience. Since it was designed to withstand all the rigors of a live performance, it performs flawlessly during a workout or other situations where sweat is a factor.

The UE-10 Pro™ provides -26db of isolation and passive noise-cancellation.

Outstanding features:
Proprietary surface mount crossover network for maximum reliability.

Price: $900 plus your moldings and shipping: $1000

http://www.ultimateears.com/

Phenomenal, won every review out there.

I have the best headphone in ear monitors in the world. They are the Ultimate Ears UE10' Pro. They are $1000 would anyone like to see them. You have to get your ear imprinted and they make molds so they fit perfect. Perfect base, perfect treb, perfect fit!

UE-10 Pro™ Features:

The UE-10 Pro™ is the most accurate custom personal monitor available. The sound is studio reference quality with a true 20Hz to 16k frequency range. The low-end is tight but not overstated while the mid range is dynamic and the highs are crystal clear. The triple driver configuration makes this custom personal monitor a must for any application, especially ear monitor systems that do not offer the high frequency boost options.

While the UE-10 Pro™ was designed for professional applications, it is just as well suited for use with an iPod, portable DVD player, or any other portable music device. This is the ultimate in high definition and precise sound reproduction. It is a must have for those seeking the absolute best listening experience. Since it was designed to withstand all the rigors of a live performance, it performs flawlessly during a workout or other situations where sweat is a factor.

Outstanding features:

I really want to get custom molds done for my UM2s. Having to deal with foamies is such a hassle.

Well you can at the hearing place they use, they're all over the US, I got them made for $45 then you send them to UE and they create the ear monitors out of your molds and send them back to you. They're really great and compact, I use them for everything and they're comfortable too.

Most people cringe at the cost but they really are the best.

UE-10 Pro™ Features:

Outstanding features:

Are you on Ultimate Ears payroll? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back