Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impresive looking..Don't know what it sounds like but I am sure it will be great..Found the pic on Head-Fi, probably have to get some new credit cards for that one.
I have been looking at a Woo 3 for a long time. But picked up a Mad Ear+ instead..can't stop listening to it..startin to really like tubes.

Headphone! Where do you go with this Hobbit? LOL

HeadphonewithHobit.png

Just got my Pk1 and Pk2's in the mail. I'll post pictures of it tonight. Cheap looking earbuds ftw.

bed....bath....BEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOND

Funny thing is, if you look on headfi.... I was probably the first to publicly post about that particular banana stand being used as a headphone hanger... we even had a poll about it. "Headphone Stand C" we called it for sometime...

Nice to see that everyone on other forums are catching up to the trend... :).

Funny thing is, if you look on headfi.... I was probably the first to publicly post about that particular banana stand being used as a headphone hanger... we even had a poll about it. "Headphone Stand C" we called it for sometime...

Nice to see that everyone on other forums are catching up to the trend... :).

Honestly, I didn't even know it was a common hanger. I went to bed and bath to pick up a napkin holder for my mom and I saw it and thought "Well wow...that matches my A900s and my desk rather well!"

So I picked it up :)

My low-level entry to this thread: Sony MDR-Q33 (the one with the black woven cord)
img4519hj7.jpg

I've had these for about 10-12 years now and I still enjoy the sound. I had to replace the ear pads once the cord is still in excellent condition.

Steelsound 5H v2 here. I like that the mic retracts into the headphone so you can use 'em just for music or whatever without feeling like a dork. <rolls eyes> I wear glasses, so behind-the-ear type headphones feel awful. The Steelsound's pads are big enough to surround my ears without pressing on them, so they're pretty comfortable. Slightly too much pressure in the spring, but I'm sure it'll lessen with time.

http://www.steelseries.com/products/steel_sound/steelsound_5h_v2/information

just though I would post my first cmoy
first_cmoy.jpg

so it's not housed yet because I need to do some troubleshooting. The LED doesn't work and when I pause I can hear a faint buzz (that goes away if I keep my hand a certain distance from the pot???) in the left channel and if I move it around, the power cuts in and out, but that's probably because I broke a 9v clip on the casing and had to solder right to it. Battery may be a little loose too.

I'm going to try and figure out why the LED doesn't work this weekend and try to get this thing in a case without loosening any wires or breaking any stems off the pot and jacks.

First solder job, 1 burn and lots of braid used to desolder, all in all, a good job :D

I'm going to try and figure out why the LED doesn't work this weekend

Looks like you have the polarity reversed.. switch the red and black wires around where they connect to the "circuit board" and it should work a little better :p

Oh, also, I've got a new amp coming :). I am going to try some tubes and see how they like them. Mister X, this amp will will familiar to you :p

I just hope it can satisfy me in the long run. In a short while, I am going to have the privilege of listing to Ray Samuels setup, consisting of a B-52 and PS-1's. That is going to be something else :D

Say hello :)

Millet.jpg

IMHO, Mister X, one of the finest looking amps of your's I have ever seen. Now... I just need to figure out how to do the DB's without breaking it :)

FWIW, this is what I have. I don't quite know what to do. Anyone care to enlighten me? http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/viper87227/cans/DSC03285.jpg
EDIT: Hmmm... so I found the instructions for making this bugger, and have come to the conclusion that I am absolutely not skilled enough with a soldering iron to do this on my own. Anyone here that knows what to do that would do it for me for a modest price?

Say hello :)

Millet.jpg

IMHO, Mister X, one of the finest looking amps of your's I have ever seen. Now... I just need to figure out how to do the DB's without breaking it :)

FWIW, this is what I have. I don't quite know what to do. Anyone care to enlighten me? http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/viper87227/cans/DSC03285.jpg
EDIT: Hmmm... so I found the instructions for making this bugger, and have come to the conclusion that I am absolutely not skilled enough with a soldering iron to do this on my own. Anyone here that knows what to do that would do it for me for a modest price?

Hope you got some 12AE6A tubes for that thing, supposedly those are the best to use in a millett hybrid.

Hope you got some 12AE6A tubes for that thing, supposedly those are the best to use in a millett hybrid.

For right now, I am not gunna worry about it. The Tung-Sols are great. They are a NOS pair from like the 50's, and supposedly some of the best out there, never mind their rarity.

I would suggest never worrying about it because IMO the 12AE6A toobs are the worst ones for a Mullet.

now that i made my cmoy
i want to make more things

a hybrid looks like an awesome project
i think i'm going to try for a DAC next though
oh man
i'm excited at just the idea of trying

:eek:

I don't know why, guys, but all of a sudden my A900s sound crazy good. Like, spine tingling good.

Listening to In The Name of God right now...the bass kicks are so....oh I can't even describe it-the impact is making my head shake, guitar and synth is so warm, vocals are chilling...

:D :D

:eek:

I don't know why, guys, but all of a sudden my A900s sound crazy good. Like, spine tingling good.

Listening to In The Name of God right now...the bass kicks are so....oh I can't even describe it-the impact is making my head shake, guitar and synth is so warm, vocals are chilling...

:D :D

I get that too. With the right music, and the right mindset, it will seem to sound better than it ever has before. It's a tasty good time.

Have you ever Googled a Mullet? Ha! there is a sub species out there:eek:
Or a Mississippi Mud Flap..I'm not sure what this has to do with Head Phones...What the hey it Sunday night

Come to think of it.. I am getting a little hungry.
I think I have made a bogus decision..I bought an tube amp for my stereo system..I'll have to get back to you on the name.. I got a pic..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back