Post your HeadPhones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a great pic Gautama.
I have a question for everyone, where can you get the wooden stand that holds all of your headphones?

Thanks.

There are lots of choices. My personal favorites are the stands handcrafted by Larry over at www.headphile.com. They can be spendy, but are really worth it for showing off your gear.

There are lots of choices. My personal favorites are the stands handcrafted by Larry over at www.headphile.com. They can be spendy, but are really worth it for showing off your gear.

As much as I'd love one....I still fail to see why so much time, effort, and $$$$! should be put into something so simple.

Banana hangers work fantastically, and you can buy some NICE banana hangers. They lack lamb skin or anything fancy like that but I mean....I can't see why anyone would want that in the first place :confused:

I don't care much for the lambskin, atleast for the added cost, but I LOVE my stand. A pine double stand for a cool clean $60 isn't bad, and I wouldn't give it up for the world. I will probably buy more in the future.

I don't care much for the lambskin, atleast for the added cost, but I LOVE my stand. A pine double stand for a cool clean $60 isn't bad, and I wouldn't give it up for the world. I will probably buy more in the future.

$60? Now that I would consider.

I do have a900s now, so I was hoping for something made from metal to match them. Wood+aluminium don't mix well. Any suggestions?

Nevertheless, know that there are other's out there who don't share your tastes and who do find value in such thing, myself included. ^_^

I appreciate your values....perhaps your taste is just more mature then mine.

Woah, I never realized you can customize the stands. =T I only saw the stand on his deal page. $295 is too much for me to pay for a stand, but after seeing his Stand page, I'd pay ~$100 for a double Padauk stand without the lambskin.

That is a great pic Gautama.
I have a question for everyone, where can you get the wooden stand that holds all of your headphones?

Thanks.

I use a 4$ woody Coffee Mug stand i got at Walmart. Not exactly headphile with the matching woody ends to match my woody 580s, but again not exactly 50$. I felt that a stand is nice, but something like a pair of new tubes for my amp, or maybe a nice new IC cable or something would of been a better way to spend 50$. If i had money to burn though, i would buy every headphone i owned woodys and matching cable/stand.

my stand is a bananna stand made by some blind dude. it was free as my friend's mom was about to throw it out. Its wooden, and about the same color as those reddish ones.

I use a 4$ woody Coffee Mug stand i got at Walmart. Not exactly headphile with the matching woody ends to match my woody 580s, but again not exactly 50$. I felt that a stand is nice, but something like a pair of new tubes for my amp, or maybe a nice new IC cable or something would of been a better way to spend 50$. If i had money to burn though, i would buy every headphone i owned woodys and matching cable/stand.

I too use a coffee mug tree I got from walmart for less then $4. However, when I get to get another (I have 6 pairs of full-sized cans in front of me now) it was crooked... so I exchanged it and got another crooked one... from 2 different Wally worlds.... so I canned that and went to bed bath and beyond and picked up 2 banana hangers. They look better and are only $10... a bit more but not bad

lol, yours need a glowing bulb thing to be hot with two t's.
Otherwise it is just hot with only one t. :D

That big T shaped stand... maybe. Mine is hott though, admit it. Just look at the marquetry work on the top [Pic #2]. :cool:

Yea, those stands do look like office lights :D

And also, yes philodox, that inlay on the top really add's a nice touch to it. Swt61's work is real nice.

Highlife, nice setup you have there. That picture really shows off the headphones. Nice desk by the way.

lol, yours need a glowing bulb thing to be hot with two t's.
Otherwise it is just hot with only one t.
Damn, I really want that extra t... but I think I will pass. :D

towert - Yeah, Steve does fine work. Can't wait to have him do up a new faceplate for the 'Massive Attack' once I get it back from Peter. [He is finishing up the circuit and installing some better looking polished caps]

Wow I haven't logged into H in a while.

Anyway my break is over, back in my apartment, pics of my setup, back to the books, blah, blah:

1010577di9.jpg

1010578of6.jpg

1010579ih3.jpg

All of my headphones, including my Grado SR-80's have been put away. A set of sub-$50 earbuds - Sennheiser CX-300s - have completely blown them all away. I didn't appreciate just how wonderful bass can be until I tried these. I don't need my amps anymore either.

AMD fan,

BRS Path? I read that for M2 year... I suppose you're also a med student? I see you have Kaplan Step 1 stuff too....

Good luck on the boards if you are.... Step 1 is brutal to everyone, regardless of the score you get.

[A]MD-Fan, that's crazy... congrats!

Thanks, it's something to relax to as the games I'm playing right seem to be inducing more stress than relief.

AMD fan,

BRS Path? I read that for M2 year... I suppose you're also a med student? I see you have Kaplan Step 1 stuff too....

Good luck on the boards if you are.... Step 1 is brutal to everyone, regardless of the score you get.

M4, finished Step 1 (actually did really well), and just wrote the Step 2 CK :D

BRS = god

[A]MD-Fan;1030615115 said:
BRS = god

No they don'!:D Even if they're the greatest ever made. Very nice dewd, nice indeed.

Now I have to post my old lame stuff since I replied to you. I don't use cans much anymore. Man I miss my old DT770s.

The chambers are wooden (and the button), but the outside casing is plastic, I believe.

The chambers are wooden (and the button), but the outside casing is plastic, I believe.

This is correct.

However, the HF-1 is a popular can to be woodied by Larry over at headphile, which could further lead to the misconception that they are a full wood can.

I thought the HF1 were wooden?

Yeah they're plastic outsides. I've actually heard a few pairs of Headphile HF-1's and I think they sound worse than the stock.

A damn fine sounding pair of HF-1's are done up by a few guys that used their own mahogany/lathe. IMO this was the best sounding HF-1 I've ever heard.

pinipig what year are you in med school? I'm assuming clinical years since you said M2 in the past tense. Or are you a resident/practicing physician? Once you're an attending...thats when you can start buying the real toys :D

Any idea what field you want to go into?

[A]MD-Fan;1030635330 said:
Yeah they're plastic outsides. I've actually heard a few pairs of Headphile HF-1's and I think they sound worse than the stock.

A damn fine sounding pair of HF-1's are done up by a few guys that used their own mahogany/lathe. IMO this was the best sounding HF-1 I've ever heard.

pinipig what year are you in med school? I'm assuming clinical years since you said M2 in the past tense. Or are you a resident/practicing physician?

Pics?

Worse SQ or not, I hope to one day have a pair of HHF-1's... just because they are so damn sexy. A Bloodwood, Paudak (sp?), or Zebra HHF-1 would be the cats meow.

Pics?

Worse SQ or not, I hope to one day have a pair of HHF-1's... just because they are so damn sexy. A Bloodwood, Paudak (sp?), or Zebra HHF-1 would be the cats meow.

I do not own a pair of HHF-1; and I never would.

I heard about 3 different pairs between the Headfi meets I've been to. I'm sure it's not the wood thats making them sound worse, it's either the cable or the screens over the drivers. But Headphile won't do the wood mod without upgrading the cable.

If you're on headfi Ian and Nate were the ones that modded their HF-1 with their own mahogany. I heard one pair at the Boston meet, and that was good sound.

[A]MD-Fan;1030635363 said:
I do not own a pair of HHF-1; and I never would.

I heard about 3 different pairs between the Headfi meets I've been to. I'm sure it's not the wood thats making them sound worse, it's either the cable or the screens over the drivers. But Headphile won't do the wood mod without upgrading the cable.

If you're on headfi Ian and Nate were the ones that modded their HF-1 with their own mahogany. I heard one pair at the Boston meet, and that was good sound.

I wouldn't think it is the cable making it sound worse (thought, worse is suggestive)... its an expensive recable job and larry does a good job with his cables... so that doesn't make sense. My guess would be that its not the wood itself, but the modified shape of the earcup (and the new grill) that is doing it... as that does seem to have a large effect on Grado's. But again, whether its worse, or just subjective... I don't know, as I have not heard an HF-1 or an HHF-1.

As far as asking for pics, I meant the other HF-1 woody job you mentioned. I will look it up on Head-Fi... I am curious.

I wouldn't think it is the cable making it sound worse (thought, worse is suggestive)... its an expensive recable job and larry does a good job with his cables... so that doesn't make sense. My guess would be that its not the wood itself, but the modified shape of the earcup (and the new grill) that is doing it... as that does seem to have a large effect on Grado's. But again, whether its worse, or just subjective... I don't know, as I have not heard an HF-1 or an HHF-1.

As far as asking for pics, I meant the other HF-1 woody job you mentioned. I will look it up on Head-Fi... I am curious.

It changed many things about the HF-1, which you're right is subjective. I think the stock HF-1 has decent clarity with a nice midrange for only $200. But every HHF-1 I heard made the midrange very muddy, this was very noticeable and more obvious switching back and forth between stock/modded. It also made the bass more boomy, and took away from some of the texture; I'm sure the bassheads would love this. There were two others that confirmed this at the NYC meet I was at.

It's definately not the cable... unless you get BlackSilver, which I don't like at all. I have heard a couple HHF-1's, and now that you mention it they never really blew me away. I'm waiting on a Grado mod for the MS2i's that is in the works right now. Canadian guy... all aluminum housing. Supposed to be tweaked to sound like the HP1000's. Should be interesting. :)

For now I am Grado-less, but my new amp gives my K340's enough authority that it is not really a problem. :D

[A]MD-Fan;1030635330 said:

pinipig what year are you in med school? I'm assuming clinical years since you said M2 in the past tense. Or are you a resident/practicing physician? Once you're an attending...thats when you can start buying the real toys :D

Gotcha... I think I got confused somewhere along the line.

Oh, I'm an M3 and will be going into EM. Hopefully this makes me an attending by my 28th birthday! Then I can add to my collection of toys!

You?

It's definately not the cable... unless you get BlackSilver, which I don't like at all. I have heard a couple HHF-1's, and now that you mention it they never really blew me away. I'm waiting on a Grado mod for the MS2i's that is in the works right now. Canadian guy... all aluminum housing. Supposed to be tweaked to sound like the HP1000's. Should be interesting. :)

For now I am Grado-less, but my new amp gives my K340's enough authority that it is not really a problem. :D

Hey dude I got my K340, posted my impressions on Headfi ;)

Gotcha... I think I got confused somewhere along the line.

Oh, I'm an M3 and will be going into EM. Hopefully this makes me an attending by my 28th birthday! Then I can add to my collection of toys!

You?

Internal medicine at one of the big academic hospitals then specialize in interventional cardiology. I still have a nephrology rotation so I might change my mind. But I really hated kidney pathology :D

Nice choice in emergency, I have a friend that did his residency at Yale New Haven, he loved it. He's in the Presbitarian Cornell Center in NYC now. Keeps him busy.

EM has really exploded in popularity these last few years.

No they don'!:D Even if they're the greatest ever made. Very nice dewd, nice indeed.

Now I have to post my old lame stuff since I replied to you. I don't use cans much anymore. Man I miss my old DT770s.

I see you have/had HP890 like I do. How would you compare those to the DT770s since I've been thinking about buying them?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back