Post your "Ghetto Mod" pics

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
xrdotimcr said:
She's actually very very hot. I would post a pic of her but that would be wrong. But she's not like a big bad butch or anything.

Then why did you tell her to go to hell? I'd hit it if the's hawt :D

Ghetto Mouse Pad:

I believe this is a page containing some sort of important information regarding my car insurance. I find that important letters usually use higher quality paper which lasts a little longer. ;)

not only is that mousepad ghetto, so is the picture quality!

The paper really lasts longer? I'll remember that... darn the gov. for giving us lower quality paper and keeping the best for themselves.

skudmunky said:
not only is that mousepad ghetto, so is the picture quality!

I took better quality pictures. They were huge and high res. The problem was you could read my name, address,social and all sorts of other important info off the sheet! :eek: Thats when I realized it was a sheet from my car insurance renewal thingy. So sorry but I had to go with the g[H]etto fuzzy sasquatch in the woods shot.

abercrombiestar said:
You havent seen ghetto till youve seen my computer =)

looks staged to me

you could stick the cd rom in the 5.25 slot and find duct tape or superglue or some crap and slide that hard drive in the floppy cage :rolleyes:

and whats with you're screen name...nevermind id rather not get banned

I have to get pics, but I happen to be the proud owner of the most ghetto SCSI cooling setup ever.

Are you ready for....2x80 mm fans zip tied together and held to the front of the drives by a piece of wood? It all hangs out the front of my case and 4x 1.6" high SCA drives are discombobulated into a 5x 1" SCSI backplane that had to be removed from the rack itself for my purposes. If this didn't picque your interest, you're not truly ghetto.

KDogg

abercrombiestar said:
You havent seen ghetto till youve seen my computer =)

err ghetto is when something isn't functional and you make it functional by cheap means, therefore it is effective. You have empty bays.... that's what we get for abercrombie people trying to be ghetto :p hehe

i win :p

ghetto0024cj.jpg

lol, ill be using that setup for a month or so....until my dad comes back from his trip....if he ever sees me doing something like this i would be OWNED :eek:

furiousfords89 said:

lol, ill be using that setup for a month or so....until my dad comes back from his trip....if he ever sees me doing something like this i would be OWNED :eek:
Maybe you shouldn't post a picture then :)

Spectre said:
Maybe you shouldn't post a picture then :)
he did post a picture :confused:
and i did the same thing, i posted it on like the first page of this thread =/ COPY CAT ;)

furiousfords89 said:

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4917/ghetto0024cj.jpg

lol, ill be using that setup for a month or so....until my dad comes back from his trip....if he ever sees me doing something like this i would be OWNED :eek:[/QUOTE]

what's your dad's email address?

I had a chance to play with one of those crappy $2, white, (Wired) USB, laser Logitech mice today at best buy, and the first thing I noticed was how easily it glided across the mouse pad.

I was like" WTF? I spent $50 on a Wireless Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer, and it drags ass compared to this $2 piece of crap!"

Upon further inspection, I discovered that they were using Teflon dots on the bottom of the mouse at each of its corners...

Lets just say I got hold of them somehow ;) and now my Microsoft mouse glides almost as well as that Logitech mouse :D

As you can probably tell, my camera didn’t like focusing that close >_> but you can still see the teflon dots I stuck on over the pads that came with the mouse.

I am calling CRIME STOPPERS RIGHT NOW!

Whats next you kingpin of crime?
Are you going to steal a pen from your work place!

One day you are taking dots off of mice, the next day your importing 500 kilos of Coke!

Crime never pays!

My old function over form mod:
shuttle5.jpg

What makes it ghetto you ask? Was done with garden tree branch cutters. :cool:

Actually, I wasn't even considering asking what makes that ghetto. I thought having a CPU cooler on a video card with bronze/gold ramsinks hanging out the side of a case with a giant hole in it was ghetto enough!

But....the garden clippers does add a nice touch. I give it 3.5-it's totally ghetto, totally functional and nice. However my heart yearns to see more duct tape (as an edge guard), maybe an LED fan on the cooler to draw attention to your ghetto pride, and the rest of the case looks nice, not all that ghetto.

3.5-respectable.

Majin said:
I am calling CRIME STOPPERS RIGHT NOW!

Whats next you kingpin of crime?
Are you going to steal a pen from your work place!

One day you are taking dots off of mice, the next day your importing 500 kilos of Coke!

Crime never pays!

lmfao! :D

Bought a 6800gt CHEAP that 'might not work'. When it arrived I saw all the screws had been removed and the inner heatsink was completely loose, just resting inside the metal cover. Well, I soon fixed that error:

taped2.jpg

ziptiedback.jpg

The internal zipties made the outer shell and fan a bitch to go on, and required some custom ductwork to maintain their airflow:
taped3.jpg

This was enough to post and boot into windows, but even running at idle the gpu temps at over 100C (220F!!). Hopefully ordering a maze4 today to tame this beast..

I so wish i had a dig cam when 3 years ago I changed a atx ps to an at by cutting all them wires and reconfiguring em to an at mod. it was for my FIC PA2007 psu had died and i looked up a wireing diag for the at vs atx and did have that atx250 sparkle psu in my at sys all done with black electrical tape not a solder in sight.

sabrewolf732 said:
what a retard, instead of spending 10 hours fucking up his case, he could have been working and could have bought a whole new case! People these days...

What's even more retarded is how he complains about being so poor, yet has a cell phone case (and assuming cell phone) right next to the PC.

MorfiusX said:
What's even more retarded is how he complains about being so poor, yet has a cell phone case (and assuming cell phone) right next to the PC.

Maybe he's poor 'cuz he goes over his minutes a lot. :D

yeah umm i signed up for a 450-minute a month plan with verizon...and somehow ended up using over 800 minutes.....lets say my bill is more than triple what it should be :(

</offtopic>

draconius said:
yeah umm i signed up for a 450-minute a month plan with verizon...and somehow ended up using over 800 minutes.....lets say my bill is more than triple what it should be :(

</offtopic>

Another use for zipties, ziptie your damn mouth shut so you can't go over your minutes lmfao. :D

villan said:
Bought a 6800gt CHEAP that 'might not work'. When it arrived I saw all the screws had been removed and the inner heatsink was completely loose, just resting inside the metal cover. Well, I soon fixed that error:

http://www.jukashi.com/graphix/casemod/taped2.jpg[/IsMG]
[IMG]http://www.jukashi.com/graphix/casemod/ziptiedback.jpg[/IMssdfG]
The internal zipties made the outer shell and fan a bitch to go on, and required some custom ductwork to maintain their airflow:
[IMG]http://www.jukashi.com/graphix/casemod/taped3.jpg[/IsdfMG]

This was enough to post and boot into windows, but even running at idle the gpu temps at over 100C (220F!!). Hopefully ordering a maze4 today to tame this beast..[/QUOTE]

um, are you aware there are stores where you can buy these things called screws and nuts for like 25 cents and like you can like mount stuff with them it's insane.

Back in the day of no money and low-capacity disk drives, I ran accross a sweet deal on some SCSI-UW "full-height" 24GB drives for pretty cheap. I just didn't have a system that could hold what would be the equivalent of 8 CD drives. So...
diskarray01.jpg

diskarray02.jpg

jmroberts70 said:
Back in the day of no money and low-capacity disk drives, I ran accross a sweet deal on some SCSI-UW "full-height" 24GB drives for pretty cheap. I just didn't have a system that could hold what would be the equivalent of 8 CD drives. So...

That's sweet. If only you could have used duct tape on it somewheres. :)

God Fucking Dammit, please quit fucking quoting the damn pictures. It's not that hard. Jesus.

:p he he...

I agree about quoting the pics but geez that was little harsh.

Back