Post your desktop

where are yall getting that background? looks like the standard xp desktop one... but way cooler.
 
the one i used im my last desktop i believe is from the windows media center edition or some shit like that, but found the link to it so here it is:

energybliss.jpg
 
If I did post here before, my image didnt work, so, here it is. custom wallpaper made by me!
i use windowsblinds, logon manager, and bootskin, and icon packager.
id39925.jpg
 
well..i decided to overhaul my desktop..so here it is..lemme know if u like it


mo.png



thanx for the background OwNjaH
 
wahts the name of the widgets app. your using?


modat said:
well..i decided to overhaul my desktop..so here it is..lemme know if u like it


mo.png



thanx for the background OwNjaH
 
gah, you're all insane. I cannot stand those "windows-y" looking buttons and themes. I was spoilt by OSX, so when I built my windows box I customized, theme-d, and widget-ized the crap out of it :D
 
chronic9 said:
wahts the name of the widgets app. your using?

I LOOOOVEE How people Read MYY post.

Once again, posted twice in my two desktops.
The application for those Nifty floating widgets is called
KONFABULATOR.

Located at: www.konfabulator.com

Yay. :p :rolleyes:
 
modat said:
sorry if i boke any rules..but her ass is tooooo fine to keep to myself
[IM]http://home.comcast.net/~modat/Screen01.JPG[/IMG]
Link?

And somebody read you're post :)
DLed, going to try it, at least for a while.

And whoever it was that couldn't post until he had photoshop installed... <ctrl> + <W>, <5>,<0>,<tab>,<5>,<0>,<enter>, <ctrl> + <S>.
 
GLSauron said:
And whoever it was that couldn't post until he had photoshop installed... <ctrl> + <W>, <5>,<0>,<tab>,<5>,<0>,<enter>, <ctrl> + <S>.

Ahha, omg. Thats a lot of stuff just to capture/resize an image.

I could capture it, just not resize. Go MS Paint!
 
dargon said:
id9984.jpg


just for the record, XP has built in support for themes, what do you think happens under the Display Properties, appearance tab. Do a google search for uxtheme.dll to learn how to use it.


Hey guys, does anyone have any idea what theme and programs are in this setup? I really like it, and would like to try it.

Thanks
 
bassboy_pete said:
Hey guys, does anyone have any idea what theme and programs are in this setup? I really like it, and would like to try it.
Thanks
Why dont you try sending him a PM?
 
Wow, after seeing all these wallpapers here I got a little influenced and changed my desktop:
id41320.jpg

here it is with the startbar up:
id41321.jpg
 
r3negade said:
Just a simple desktop....
MG]http://img179.exs.cx/img179/3395/untitled11cc.jpg[/IMG]
That ones not my style but you have any other 1680x1050 desktop images? Or where to find um? Its a rare resolution and Im moving to it rather soon. all my 16x12 backgrounds = useless.
 
GLSauron said:
That ones not my style but you have any other 1680x1050 desktop images? Or where to find um? Its a rare resolution and Im moving to it rather soon. all my 16x12 backgrounds = useless.

I usually just browse deviantart.
 
Audiochris said:
That desktop looks sweet. What are you using and hw can I do something similar? I really llike that wallpaper too.

Hi, well, I'm using a XP theme shell. It's loaded with a program called StyleXP. A little old but it does the job. The stats were written by me and displayed with a program called Coolmon and the stats themselves come from motherboard monitor.

I replaced a lot of icons with mac icons and other custom things I found. The background is an aerial image of a coastline - not sure what it was, but I cleaned it up in photoshop and made the blue contrast a little better.

Here's another version where I used a 3D-style pane overtop of the background that I put the stats on. It looks great, but it would take too much processing power to have something like that with alpha transparency over the desktop so basically, I exported and merged the layers in photoshop as a static image but the cool thing is I can swap the background to anything I want and retain the 3D-pane as a layer ontop of it.

I debated making the stats pane an animated gif or javascript that would glimmer, sparkle, or shine every now and then, but it would take too many system resources.

crystaldesktop.jpg
 
chronic 9 that is the gant 2 ocean pack

I am not sure you can get just the wallpaper and I have already switched so it is no longer on my pc

Just re-did my pc...
 
Back
Top