Post your desktop

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
And let us know what programs you've used to customize it.

I would post mine but it's just stock and you all know what that looks like.

Lol, I customize by removing customization. Sounds silly, right? Yet, how many do you see like that anymore? I completely disable the theme service and stuff like that.

Can't post a screenshot right now as I'm too lazy to reboot into windows atm. You can guess though. It looks about like Win2k.

I don't use a "Theme" by I do use a color scheme. Its called BreezeBreeze. Both my browser and my desktop.

Cheers,

My work desktop....resized for your viewing enjoyment:

desktop.jpg

Hate the sports theme. Love the black toolbar. I never would have thought of that, but, it looks kind of neat... Hrm. Tempting to have themes just for that.

Do your windows have that same look? I'd be interested to see a shot with a themed window opened.

Here's a themed window. I don't usually have sports themes....but I live in Philly, and I can't help but be excited about the Eagles.

sysprop.jpg

It's the AllBlack msstyle that I converted to a WindowBlinds theme.

ravendark said:
my guess is coolmon
looks similar to the coolmon config i used to have

correct you are sir. That is coolmon. I got the configuration from BennyB with a few things I added; I can post the configuration if you'd like. As for the theme, I use StyleXP with theme "521-chrome4[XP]2G" (Car not included in the theme, but it fits perfectly with the colors of the theme!). I looked on themexp.org for this theme, but only found this theme, which is similar but not exact. If anyone wants it, PM me, or I can host it.

adri1456 said:
That's the same theme I have.

How did you get your start menu to go that high?

Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, under the Start Menu Tab--->Customize. I have for "Number of Programs on Start Menu" set at 16.

Is that some form of Litestep or something, or are you posting in the wrong thread?

Apparently because you aren't using 100% standard windows.

Is that litestep?

BTW, speaking of traitors... devourment77, there's already a post your LINUX desktop screenshots thread. In fact, I think you've already posted there. Either that or someone else with a naruto bg. This is, as you can clearly tell by the title and the forum it's in, the WINDOWS desktop thread.

windows.png

Its not Litestep, its just a different visual style with some modifications and add-ons.

Style is Keramik 4.0 ( in the downloads section under MSStyles )
the icons are classiccrystal for iconpackager ( also in the downloads section )
wallpaper is on kde-look.org here

ravendark said:

Style is Keramik 4.0 (take your popup blocker Themexp.org is the only link i can find right now )

i honestly dont remember where the wallpaper is from, i'll look around a bit

the icons are crystal for icon packager

i may update later to show more detail ( but dont hold your breathe )

Lol, NOW who's traiterous? Running a linux theme in Windows... ^_^ Have to remember to check some of those out when I get a chance. You have to admit it's a bit weird having all those anti-windows logos everywhere though when actually inside windows... d-: The way it changes the start button the KDE logo and all, I thought for a split second there that it was actually another linux desktop post before I recognized the general shape of the taskbar...

Anyway, navicaph, that's some pretty interesting customization you've got there. I thought for certain you had to have at least changed the shell. For one thing, I admit I forgot that windows actualy let you move the taskbar to the top (I never was comfortable with it on any side but the bottom, so haven't moved it since Windows 95 when I was just playing around.)

Nazo said:
Lol, NOW who's traiterous? Running a linux theme in Windows... ^_^ Have to remember to check some of those out when I get a chance. You have to admit it's a bit weird having all those anti-windows logos everywhere though when actually inside windows... d-: The way it changes the start button the KDE logo and all, I thought for a split second there that it was actually another linux desktop post before I recognized the general shape of the taskbar...

indeed, i put it together to confuse a couple of my friends actually familiar with linux. it worked flawlessly, infact it is driving me to image this xp install and go with fedora for a while, come the weekend i should be posting from a fresh fedora core 2 install looking much the same as this windows desktop

sigmend said:
Click for mega huge

Any ideas for themes for the GUI? :eek:

You should make it look like OSX. Anyways, does Virtual PC run smoothly? What kind of Apple are you running it on?

Virtual PC is always a little slow, but, that IS to be expected after all. It does use your hardware to emulate other hardware. ^_^ Well, I guess you could say it runs smoothly, just not ultra-fast. Of course, it depends on your real hardware to some extent. The faster your hardware is, the faster the emulated system is.

Anyway, that windows desktop is cheating! I demand you pay me a fine.

Oh yeah, it's not my thread so you'd have to pay Archer75 instead. Darn. Never mind.

Im running it on a Dual 2Ghz G5, with 1.5GB of ram, runs smoothly.
Though it works a little better with all of those useless effects turned off.

edit: Cause I like talking in pictures
whatkindofmac.jpg

Nazo said:
Virtual PC is always a little slow, but, that IS to be expected after all. It does use your hardware to emulate other hardware. ^_^ Well, I guess you could say it runs smoothly, just not ultra-fast. Of course, it depends on your real hardware to some extent. The faster your hardware is, the faster the emulated system is.

Anyway, that windows desktop is cheating! I demand you pay me a fine.

Oh yeah, it's not my thread so you'd have to pay Archer75 instead. Darn. Never mind.

Can't help that OSX looks great.

sigmend said:
Im running it on a Dual 2Ghz G5, with 1.5GB of ram, runs smoothly.
Though it works a little better with all of those useless effects turned off.

Good grief. I don't entirely know what the equivalent of that is for a X86 type PC, but, I can guess it's pretty darned high.... Lol, OF course it runs smoothly for you, with all that ram and roughly 4GHz of processing power you have at least the equivalent of a 1GHz pc emulated there, probably more (I don't know the exact math involved.)

Eightball, nice to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like having big complex themes who chooses to actually go back to the old style. Lol, quite the fan of opera there though, aren't you? I love it, but, I'd never set it to run all the time in the system tray like that.

Nazo said:
Good grief. I don't entirely know what the equivalent of that is for a X86 type PC, but, I can guess it's pretty darned high.... Lol, OF course it runs smoothly for you, with all that ram and roughly 4GHz of processing power you have at least the equivalent of a 1GHz pc emulated there, probably more (I don't know the exact math involved.)
There is no real exact conversion, so benchmarks would have to give us a guesstimate, which I do not have on hand right now

Aw dude... How'd you get the changed style/font for the Start button etc... Is that longhorn I see?

What's that about WindowsFD?

-J.

GeForceX said:
Aw dude... How'd you get the changed style/font for the Start button etc... Is that longhorn I see?

What's that about WindowsFD?

-J.

Probably uses styleXP.

Back