Post your desktop

desktop1.jpg

gotta remove those games shortcuts but for the sake of my gf i leave them there *sigh* and *big sigh* @ irc again for her sake

I know it's just for the looks, but the 'å' in "dïgitål darkness" cracks me up. :D
(It's a scandinavian letter; as different from 'A' as 'Q' is from 'O'. Sounds like the [aw] in "maw".)

can't really post a scrnsht of my desktop because it wouldn't due any justice, I have the 5 most beautiful women in the world, kate beckinsale, liz hurley, vanessa marcil, jessica alba, and angelina jolie, photoshopped and rotated every 3 minutes for the most pleasurable non-repeating 6 hours of your life. All pictures were in good taste, so my wife couldn't complain :)

Heres my desktop:

Plain, simple, functional. Pretty.

Here you can see my dock (Yz's Dock), and a look at my theme. What can I say, I am a Mac guy at heart.

The system monitor and weather info is done with Samurize. I put all of the info that I care about on it, but kept it simple so it wouldn't distract from the picture. In the top left is current weather info, top right is my hardware monitoring, bottom right is my system info, plus iTunes controls, and bottom left is forcast weather. The config also adds the black frame to the top and bottom, so I can switch the picture and retain the frame. It makes me happy.

and this is my desktop @ my workplace, at least this served to arrange a little bit the 'generous' ammount of icons i had :rolleyes:

desktop6co.jpg

Left super wide because I figured the post was already off-format, so why not just...make it a bit worse

and yes it's huge

modat said:
well..i decided to overhaul my desktop..so here it is..lemme know if u like it

mo.png

thanx for the background OwNjaH

Hi Modat, can you tell me where you got your desktop weather & calender monitor from? I really like it! :)

Kathy

regarding to the above quote :

i also would like to know from were do you get these monitors, i'm interested in systems monitors one that wuld output temperautre and use freuqency and ram status etc + with a list of reminders [i have seen yu have some on your bottom left]

and regarding that toolbar you got on the top, i have seen it around ever so often and well i would like to try it out, so any names of these programs? or if gnetle enough any links?

Screenshot.jpg

Now you see that Linux will always triumph, because Windows is dumb... :D

Linux looks crisp and cleaner I agree, Thats what I love about linux. ;)

What Version are you running? Fedora?

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
Linux looks crisp and cleaner I agree, Thats what I love about linux. ;)

What Version are you running? Fedora?

Ubuntu Hoary

acascianelli said:
Now you see that Linux will always triumph, because Windows is dumb... :D

Hey, where did you get that dock program? My other computer is running Ubuntu, and I couldn't find any linux dock programs.

CpuMan said:
Here is mine,

That doesnt look like XP, it looks like a skin over..... :rolleyes:

Anyway yeah... People using Kazaa Make me laugh, my friends use Kazaa and they always get viruses and spyware... ehehehehe

pilotman2004 said:
Hey, where did you get that dock program? My other computer is running Ubuntu, and I couldn't find any linux dock programs.

GDesklets, it should be available thru synaptic.

I have a question. How do people replace the "start" text with something else? It's been bugging me for awhile.

This is my work desktop with the pretty Far Cry screenshot i found. Makes me think of vacation instead of work. :p

Behold my desktop in all it's 3200x1200 goodness! :D
It's an old screenshot, but it's more l33t than my current one.

Desktop_big.gif

Tnx a lot Unknown!!! you linked me to the to things I wanted!!! The patch and the Style are great, Exelent post!

I use slickrun to launch all my apps. I took this while working on a project for my university. Slickrun brings the convenience of the command line to windows :) Incidentally, I'm not a huge fan of "Aliens vs. Predator", but their respective series were both excellent IMHO.

desktop.png

this is my whore hdd, old windows install from last year with nforce drivers.(hell yeah for nforce 2,3 usin the same drivers)
it only gets used when i fuck up a windows installation from ocing and am too lazy to reinstall.
and since your seeing this, i just did fuck one up
:)

Back