Post Your Connection Speed

These things are so inaccurate. My times are all over the place depending on which servers I choose. Even ones within driving distance from each other.

These things are so inaccurate. My times are all over the place depending on which servers I choose. Even ones within driving distance from each other.

I think yours is more from network congestion...

so far my pings and speeds are very consistent..... I do know the Suddenlink is investing around $300 in upgrading infrastructure, and it definitely is showing!

Here are 4 in a row from the same server

Last edited:
842652472.png

841483060.png

Just started my new job and checking out the line, 10Mbit Burstable LES10 fibre connection :)

Just moved recently and really enjoying the fact that I do now get 30Mb solid all the time unlike the old place that was random.

Wow I didn't think it could happen.

Hint: Ping.

Edit: this morning different server:

Last edited:
902696235.png

Home

also want to throw this in for speed of download

902699289.png

Last edited:

That`s impressive

Can you explain these speeds?

I had road runner back in the day, maybe 8 or 9 years back when I lived in OHIO
I believe they came out with 6 megs then or something.

Is this is a special package rate?

I upgraded to the blast for COMCAST and really showing results as 3 .1 megabytes a second is quick as hell for me.
But then you have double for a smaller company of customers. What gives?

Also I live in the Bay Area, capitol of computers and it`s ironic how we have mediocre speeds yet some of the best companies around.

That`s impressive

From those speeds it looks like he has Time Warner Wideband (DOCSIS 3.0). Wideband offers 50/5 as its normal package, and they have plans to offer up to 230 down and they haven't disclosed the up speed on that package.

I am really looking forward to this upgrade, however it is only avalible in areas that are served by Comcast, Cox, Verizon, or AT&T that offer packages that blow TWC's speeds out of the water (for instance Buffalo NY where Verizon offers 30/30 and 100/50). Rochester (where I live) is still on DOCSIS 1.0 (yea I was sad when I heard it too) and because the only residential options for internet are Frontier DSL (7/0.7 as the top tier) or TWC Road Runner (15/1 speed boost will give you 30/1 for a burst of 10 seconds) they really have no incentive to upgrade their service. If I leave them I go to slower speeds, or triple my bill going to Frontier metro-e / TW Telecom Dedicated Data / Fibertech and end up with a $300 /month enterprise class connection. Now I would take that in a heartbeat, but I can't justify the cost to the missus.

Wow.. Is your mom at the end of a cable run or something.. That is terrible.. I usually am getting 15/2 with mediacom at home

That`s impressive

I had road runner back in the day, maybe 8 or 9 years back when I lived in OHIO
I believe they came out with 6 megs then or something.

Is this is a special package rate?

I upgraded to the blast for COMCAST and really showing results as 3 .1 megabytes a second is quick as hell for me.
But then you have double for a smaller company of customers. What gives?

Also I live in the Bay Area, capitol of computers and it`s ironic how we have mediocre speeds yet some of the best companies around.

Yes. This is Time Warner Wideband service.

Back