Post Your 3DMark Vantage Score!

entry = 10x7 no af very little post processing
performance = 12x10 no af a little more pp
high = 16x10 af=8 all post processing
extreme = 19x12 i cant see this one my monitor only goes to 19x1080

there are lots of other settings like shadow res quality and shader quality, but they are not enumerated. ie in high, shader quality = high. there is a custom mode too, so you can set in between resolutions , af= whatever, loops, multisampling, type of texture filtering etc.

2450614947_63cd516c91_o.jpg

For laughs I tried the trial single run with a HD 3850 256Mb installed :p

CPU score was ok and graphics of course, blew.

Useless waste of time but for what its worth.

3DMark Score P4810 3DMarks 11600 VirtualMarks P21903 3DMarks
CPU Score 4948 N/A 38379
Graphics Score 4765 N/A 19161

ATI released a hotfix to improve performance with 3dmark Vantage. It would be nice to compare it to my current drivers but I cant with this single run nonsense. I guess ill try registering with another email account and see if that works. What a joke.

LOL, a "fix" to improve performance in a synthetic benchmark? :eek:

OK, it would maybe be understandable if it "fixed" some serious graphical problems/artifacts..but a fix that's specially designed to "improve performance with 3DMark Vantage".. :p

I bet Vantage 1.02 will "fix" ATI's "fix" :D

http://service.futuremark.com/home.action?resultId=22070&resultType=19

6942 with my video card *not* overclocked (655/1665/1125)

For some reason the new beta drivers for Vista x64 don't work with RivaTuner.

There's a neat little trick to this Credit goes to Whitewidow from evga forums:

"Use rivatuners driver emulation mode
in the power user tab, expand Rivatuner\System and look down the list for ForceDriverVersion, enter 17512 then ok to exit.
reopen rivatuner and it should be in driver emulation mode.
it won't show the driver file versions, but you can still use the overclocking sliders etc.

For x64, you'll also have to correct filenames for 64-bit drivers. Open RivaTuner.cfg file and rename

[DriverFamily_nvd3dum.dll]
[DriverFiles_nvd3dum.dll]

sections to

[DriverFamily_nvd3dumx.dll]
[DriverFiles_nvd3dumx.dll]
"
I can verify it works for both 174.93 and 175.12

Yeah, but Vantage doesn't help your system in any way. It's quite a lot to pay compared to a game that you can actually play. The reason 3mark is popular is because it allows you to compare your system to a wide variety of others. If you have to pay to be a part of an exclusive club to do that, then its appeal is lost, because you loose the diverse user base, and the score has less meaning.
If i seriously wanna compare system Crysis is still better as the CPU has no or low inpact on the "score",
The score are already meaningless when a midrange ATI-card(2900/3870) only scored in 3dmark and nowhere else. Now that seems to be fixed with Vantage so it reflects reality with 9800Gx2 on top as it should be as that is the topcard of today.
Still they have to fix the CPU-inpact so it is more like Crysis with low or none CPU-inpact as games of today at high rez when CPU-power is enough for that card.

Yeah, but see I wouldn't have paid money for Crysis, if I could only use the benchmark feature.

Not to mention this looks a lot worse than Crysis. Those textures are hideous.

Yeah, but see I wouldn't have paid money for Crysis, if I could only use the benchmark feature.

Not to mention this looks a lot worse than Crysis. Those textures are hideous.
You can run it ilegally or use a "borrowed copy", just like many of the players do that never pay for anything not even Windows.

Besides 3dmark is not supposed to look that good either, just stress CPU and GPU in respective tests.

There's a neat little trick to this Credit goes to Whitewidow from evga forums:

"Use rivatuners driver emulation mode
in the power user tab, expand Rivatuner\System and look down the list for ForceDriverVersion, enter 17512 then ok to exit.
reopen rivatuner and it should be in driver emulation mode.
it won't show the driver file versions, but you can still use the overclocking sliders etc.

For x64, you'll also have to correct filenames for 64-bit drivers. Open RivaTuner.cfg file and rename

[DriverFamily_nvd3dum.dll]
[DriverFiles_nvd3dum.dll]

sections to

[DriverFamily_nvd3dumx.dll]
[DriverFiles_nvd3dumx.dll]
"
I can verify it works for both 174.93 and 175.12

dont bother. rinvatuner 2.09 and the update for 2.08 have been out a day or 2 already.

174 drivers

3DMark Score P5452 3DMarks
CPU Score 3689
Graphics Score 6484

need to update my drivers

*updated to 175.12

3DMark Score P5766 3DMarks
CPU Score 4151
Graphics Score 6625

It was just annoying me that I was getting such a low GPU score relative to other folks, especially those with 9800 series cards. The benchmark ran poorly on the 169.25 drivers.

It was just annoying me that I was getting such a low GPU score relative to other folks, especially those with 9800 series cards. The benchmark ran poorly on the 169.25 drivers.

God dude, you have no idea how pissed i was to see that my rig went from 16k to 6k. :mad:

I mean, its not like one 9800GX2 was scoring 32k in 3dmark06 compared to my one 8800GTS 512MB, i knew something was fishy.... :rolleyes:

Im still scoring 6400, something must be wrong. Im running my CPU faster than yours at 3.3 not to mention that its alrady 15% faster than yours at the same speed. And my GPU is faster than yours running at a faster clock speed. Are you running SLi?

http://service.futuremark.com/home.action?resultId=7048&resultType=19

Is my score.

The thing is, the first two test is GPU only. and then The last Two are Cpu. Thats way the scores are lower then normal.

Also it doesnt bother me that it doesnt look that good, some of us been spoiled by the way the past 3dmark's looked and we expected this one to look even better.

To me I just have a new way of stressing my cpu and Gpu, so if it fail at one of the first two test. Then I know its my gpu or if it the last two, then I know it was my Cpu.

http://service.futuremark.com/home.action?resultId=7048&resultType=19

Is my score.

The thing is, the first two test is GPU only. and then The last Two are Cpu. Thats way the scores are lower then normal.

Also it doesnt bother me that it doesnt look that good, some of us been spoiled by the way the past 3dmark's looked and we expected this one to look even better.

To me I just have a new way of stressing my cpu and Gpu, so if it fail at one of the first two test. Then I know its my gpu or if it the last two, then I know it was my Cpu.

Other than the last section of it, and obviously the link to scores, this whole post makes absolutely no sense. At all.

We were spoiled by previous versions looking good?

We expected a newer product from a company whose entire reputation such as it is was build around impressive graphics benchmarks to produce something /at least/ on the level of what they offered previously -- indeed, to improve the look of it in the process of introducing a whole new featureset?

Those sound like pretty reasonably expectations to me. It's sort of... well, no, no, thinking on it it's /exactly/ what I and others paid for.

It's not as if they have to make a proper game, so really, compared to most dev houses Futuremark has it /easy/. Make some pretty pictures show up, record average framerate, assign a score. Seems they can't even manage the same amount of content/tests or quality. We weren't spoiled, they let things go to shit. There are very clear set of expectations there, and they failed to deliver on every level possible. We weren't spoiled, they simply did not do their jobs.

If you make graphical benchmarks, commercially, and expect people to pay $6, $10, $20 or more for something they can't even interact with, it better be damn impressive. Consistently. Every second of it.

Does anyone remember the DX10 bench that beat the hell out of everywhile a while back, with the boards racing? No. Here's why: it looked terrible. Again, if you're a benchmark company, and you produce ugly benchmarks /and charge for them/ you will go under. Simple. Even if you don't charge for them, you will be forgotten.

Splitting up the tests doesn't affect the scores -- a whole new test system and different tests lower the scores. The scores aren't comparable to any previous scores, so in that sense they cannot possibly be 'lower'.

Think before you type.

The only winning move... is not to play.

Yep. I've been losing more and more interest in Futuremarks products over the years. Less and less features each time unless you wanna buy it. Price goes up. And now you gotta pay to use the basic version? And you have to have Vista?

No thanks.

p4580 3dmarks
CPU: 5371
GPU: 4365

edit: installed latest beta drivers for my 8800gt,

p4835
CPU:5297
GPU:4698

I was gonna give it a go just to see what kind of pretty graphics it has, but it just hangs up at the loading GUI screen. I know it says be patient or something but I figured it would have loaded after 15 minutes...

Wasnt there a site or video card manufacturer that was giving away vantage at one point? Cause I cant see spending any real amount on this after using the one-time use demo.

Geez guys... bashing 3DMark is so 2003.
The topic is 3DMark Vantage scores. If you don't like 3DMark, you don't have to run it, and therefore won't have a score, and won't have to post in this thread.

Back