Payday 2

Grabbed the CCE over the weekend and played the Beta for about an hour. Excellent game, decided to wait until the full version is released because I'll lose all my progress at the end of beta anyway.

Nat its worth playing plus it only takes a few hours to get to the max lvl in the beta. so you aren't really losing a whole lot of time.

Well the reset was kinda meh at first today, but the real bitch was when I had been playing for about an hour or so and got ~7 mil offshore,3 levels and the damn ammo upgrade for my shotty and then it crashes and I lost all that :(.

Now I'm level 30 though, gotta say the Saw isn't as impressive as I thought, breaks way too quickly for my tastes, I expect it to be better once you can get the carbon fiber blades upgrade.

Really fun though, I'm starting to think this game was worth the $50, and this is just the beta :)

Ya those crashes are a pain in the ass. i was just about to finish the bank heist silent for the first time, and make boat load of money since it was on max difficulty. when.......you guessed it....CRASH!

I prepurchased it, skipped the career criminal edition though. Anyone have a spare beta they want to throw my way? :)

Damn, was hoping it would release before our next monthly LAN party! PD 1 game is one of the BEST LAN playable games to come along in a long time. Quite fun in person.

Been playing the beta off and on with some friends..... It's a lot of fun, but i'm SOOOO horrible at this game.... I guess I just need to play more....

Anyone got a beta key I can use to try this out? I wanna see what it is like before I pull the trigger and buy it...

picked up the CCE edition the other day and had a pretty good time playing it with a few friends for the few hours i was on; looking forward to see what they add in the full release :D

i also have an extra beta key if someone is interested in playing/trying the game for a few days before the release, so to whomever is interested, just pm me your steam name and ill gift it to you :)

So I guess everyone who owns Payday: The Heist can play the beta right now! Need some people to play it with, but so far it looks pretty cool.

Anyone buying a 4-pack?

I hope there is a point to the off-shore account other than to limit your payout to ~5%, I also hope there is more shit to buy. Sitting on 4.2 mil and nothing to buy, looking at my money in the vault is fun though :p

Decided to go ahead a grab a copy today after spending a couple of hours in beta, I walked away very, very impressed, and this is coming from someone who didn't really enjoy the first one.
I've created a Payday 2 [H] group for those interested in joining, hopefully everyone can meetup there to get some heists in. ;)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HP2H

Yeah, I don't see much of a reason to go for the CCE without the beta keys at this point.

Then again, the game comes out in like 4 days so I don't see much reason anyway. :p

If anyone goes in on a 4-pack of the normal edition, let me know. Otherwise I'll probably just pick up a single copy myself.

Can't say I'm down for a 4-pack yet as I haven't had a chance to get in any games yet :p This isn't the sort of thing I'm super keen on playing with randoms, so if anyone wants to play send me a message and I'll add you on Steam. At first glance it looks good, more in-depth than the first. We'll see :D

Well, gameplay-wise it feels identical to the first game so far, but there is a lot more in terms of customization and skills and stuff.

Well, gameplay-wise it feels identical to the first game so far, but there is a lot more in terms of customization and skills and stuff.

I was told the gunplay was much better, but I never played the first so I can't really comment on it. It does really bother me that sometimes blood squirts out of those heavy armored fucks(Not Bulldozers, the one's with the tan colored armor), but it doesn't count as a hit/hurt them.

One who played tons of hours of the first one I will say there is a vast improvement in this version over the original.

GMG has it for $24 right now with a coupon code...that's where I grabbed it.

I hope progress carries over from beta...having a lot of fun with it. :)

Played a couple missions (Jewelry Heist/Nightclub) with some friends and I have to say it's just like the first, even more so even, that you need a mic+friends to have a good time. A lot of things feel improved, others left the same or not so great.

One major thing I wish they did is give you the starting ability of the class. It feels a little ridiculous that you have to "earn" the Ammo/Medic bag, still. Maybe that's just me.

Things I like:

-Cleaner interaction system.
-Weight is actually felt from the Heist.
-Making the money system separate from the reputation system.
-Being able to upgrade what you want at any given time without being forced into a pre-defined upgrade path that just sucked in Payday 1.
-Weapons actually feel naturally stronger, better, and more realistic. Maybe it's me but the ammo doesn't seem to drain in the blink of an eye as a Level 1.

Things I dislike so far:

-Lack of Easy MP mode? According to my lobby leader he wasn't seeing Easy missions. Maybe some more clarification or playing time is needed to better understand Crime.NET
-Don't like Crime.NET. I'd rather have a list of servers thank you. Looks nice and pretty though but not my cup of tea. Time will tell.
-No more unlimited running and no real meter to tell other than listening sounds when you are about to stop or can run again. I loathe this Call of Duty crap system. The first was just fine. Add on the weight factory you move like a snail. GG crossing the street! Not even a bump in movement holding the run key while carrying bags.

I can't really put my finger on it, but there is something I like about both of them and to me they are completely different games. Down to the models. Maybe it's a lighting thing but I can barely make out the cops anymore unlike the first game. At the same time the movements and models of the police seem much more authentic.

I think I'll try and finish out Payday 1 and hopefully catch it on sale for a few bucks cheaper in the Fall. It's totally worth if if you've been playing Payday 1 already and have the entire experience under your belt already, but I just started the franchise and with DLC already being announced, meh I don't know how I feel about that. I came back to PC gaming because DLC you paid for was few and far between but it seems they are now starting to follow the console route.

EDIT: Might have found group, removing group buy request for now.

Last edited:
never played it but just traded borderlands GOTYE for the PD2 criminal edition, looks like fun.DLin the beta now

i have bioshock infinite, or a crysis 3 key i would trade for payday 2. :)

We should get a group going. The [H] Steam group link above doesn't work.

Lol ppl on steam are freakin out cuz i can play it already for some reason

could play the actual PD 2 right after i DLed the beta

havent noticed much of a change from beta, just been messing around for the most part. goin to try and get an hr or 2 in here before i got do other stuff.

guess even pre release they still register achievements 0.O

Back