Outriders (Bulletstorm developer)

While I don't disagree with most of the criticism I'm still enjoying the game, far more than Anthem and The Division.

I am surprised about all the performance complaints. I had to turn V-Sync on @1440p ultra settings running on a dying GTX1080. I'm getting a consistent, solid 60fps.

I feel like I'm the only one enjoying the story...
The story itself isn't so bad it's the dialog/script/VO for some of the characters.

People actually care for the story of these loot games? Interesting...

While I don't disagree with most of the criticism I'm still enjoying the game, far more than Anthem and The Division.

I am surprised about all the performance complaints. I had to turn V-Sync on @1440p ultra settings running on a dying GTX1080. I'm getting a consistent, solid 60fps.

The story itself isn't so bad it's the dialog/script/VO for some of the characters.
Jakub is the only one I really can't stand. Most of the VO seems natural, to me.

Outriders gets an official animated trailer

The animated trailer shows the events that took place before the beginning of the game, and how the Outriders became humankind’s last hope...

Starting to see why not being able to save builds is going to be an issue. I imagine by the end game that I am going to have 6-7 builds for each class depending on gear and situation, and I am going to have to manage my own database. I have no idea why it was decided to not include a way to save your builds in this game when it appears it's designed in such a way to promote experimentation and versatility.

If it were on Game Pass PC I would give it a try at launch. Otherwise I'll be skipping it unless the post launch reception is amazing.

I gave it another go on Trickster. I really liked how the gameplay differed completely from Technomancer. I think the mechanic of tying your healing directly to your actions is brilliant. I started playing kind of coy at the start because I wasn't sure of the class' fragility, but quickly learned I need to keep moving and getting in enemy faces to stay alive. I want to give Devastator a go next. Between the two I tried so far I really don't feel either is better than the other while each of them still feel unique, which is actually quite refreshing. The more I play this game the more I like it.

"1 week to launch" update.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/680420/announcements/detail/2995430596681097271

Highlights:
  • The game will launch at 12:00 EDT globally (16:00 UTC).
  • Dialogue cutscenes will have framerate options in multiples of 30 up to 120 FPS. I guess it wasn't possible to unlock them.
  • Camera movement in cutscenes have been smoothed out and reduced where possible.
  • The game will launch in DX12 by default.
  • You no longer have to be at least WT5 to start getting legendaries.

Preload is up for Steam at least I'll have some time to mess around with it mid week.
I didn't play the DEMO much like once because I didn't want to spoil the game.

PC tomorrow at 9am? Fuck! Was looking forward to playing this tonight.
There's cross-platform play on all endpoints; I'm assuming they needed to stagger the launch to avoid nuking the server.

I believe preload (~70GB) is available for every platform except Epic right now if you preordered.

I'm looking forward to hearing feedback from folks once it's live. I didn't preorder since IMO the demo was 'extraordinarily average' and I haven't seen any discounts for preordering (what happened to GMG 20% off for most titles!?!?). It'd be great to hear how the game plays beyond the demo.

There's cross-platform play on all endpoints; I'm assuming they needed to stagger the launch to avoid nuking the server.

I believe preload (~70GB) is available for every platform except Epic right now if you preordered.

I'm looking forward to hearing feedback from folks once it's live. I didn't preorder since IMO the demo was 'extraordinarily average' and I haven't seen any discounts for preordering (what happened to GMG 20% off for most titles!?!?). It'd be great to hear how the game plays beyond the demo.
Greenman had 20% off a couple weeks back. That's where I bought it.

Today is the day going to roll either a Technomancer or Devestator. Hoping for a big improvement over the demo someone said single player is 7-9 hours long without side quests but there are bounties and wanted posters.

Game is unpacking as fast as my 870 QVO can upack seems like the CPU is going nuts trying to unpack the game as well.

Back