- Joined
- Apr 12, 2003
- Messages
- 7,534
i dont know... i know some chubby girls that well.. thats for another thread![]()
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
i dont know... i know some chubby girls that well.. thats for another thread![]()
I'm hoping Nvidia pushes developers to have proper multi-monitor support once they launch Nvidia Surround.
Kyle said:Best Quote Ever. I am sending this to our PR guys at AMD.
why the sarcastic eye roll at the end? the bezels being annoying is a pretty common complaint so no need to be rude about it.
But that is based on lots of things. First, the window size. Two, people become used to accepting it as so. ETC. If you are fine with the bezels, so be it. I personally have never liked bezels in the middle of a screen with games.
Better yet, does a front windshield on a car have borders running through it? How easy would driving be if your vision of that little old lady crossing the road had black thick borders going through it?
Watch the vid with Kyle on Bioshock 2. Clearly on the bioshock 2 logo at the beginning, there is thick black bezel border going through it. This is undeniable. When in game, yes, not so bad, but it's still there.
He's using 3xportrait. Most of us (I'd wager 90%) Eyefinity users are 3xlandscape.
That's great. My point, however, is that some people have over-obsessive tendencies and they may come to obsess about the presence of the bezels. I find myself distracted on occasion with monitors that have an on status LED of some sort on the front. A fixation develops on that LED, I fall into an obsessive trap about it and it becomes an annoyance. Thankfully, my monitor has no such light (just a faint pinhole-sized light when it's asleep).
Not quite:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1485380
There are significant percentage of people who runs portrait EF, myself and Kyle included.
I guess the thing I am WAITING to see, and haven't, is someone who PURCHASED an Eyefinity rig and says, "I bought everything, tried it, and after a while, couldn't get over the bezels, so I sold everything and went back to a single display"...
Mabye that person exists, but it just seems peculiar that the people who feel so strongly against it don't HAVE it... Just sayin'...
Kyle I'm going to directly blame you for the missing 650 dollars from my savings account (bought 2 more Asus 25.5 inch LCD's) so expect an angry email from my girlfriend![]()
Drive a sports coupe/sedan with a sharp angled windshield, then hop into a family sedan or van. Then try to convince yourself the difference isn't insanely huge.
BTW, what about those concept monitors NEC? and Alienware were showing off. The ones filled with 10000% awesomeness.
um okay. the people that bought this setup already felt like the bezels would not bother them. show me one thread where several people are not put off by the bezels. thats keeping many people including myself from really jumping on board. maybe when I get a chance to try it I will change my opinion but until then...
Well I myself have tried triple monitor gaming with the use of SoftTh and I myself didn't really see what the appeal is, really. But that's just my opinionSigh.... How do you know the bezels will bother you WITHOUT TRYING IT? Myself and many others have actually experienced it and can tell you resoundingly that it's a non-issue. You on the other hand (and many other skeptics) are proclaiming the uselessness of said technology WITHOUT TRYING IT.
Sheesh, it's like listening to a virginal prude telling me how disgusting sex is because of all the bodily fluid and stuff... Dude, TRY IT.
Kyle, have you tried with two projectors facing into a corner? Or maybe three projectors and a large screen?
Hey, I didn't vote. If my vote counted for landscape, that puts us at 66%.![]()
Well I myself have tried triple monitor gaming with the use of SoftTh and I myself didn't really see what the appeal is, really. But that's just my opinion.
The shots look cool but for me it's just not as great as everyone says it is.
Oh and watching the horrible framrate now I can see why with nVidia that they require you to run SLI for triple monitors.
I think that if nVidia wanted to they could have made if so we would only need 1 GPU to run 3 monitors like AMD has, but maybe they saw that there will be some that are gonna be pushing some real high resolutions and that we would see a better experience with SLI compared to a single card solution, maybe, lol, but doubtful.
But like you said in the video, some users might want dual cards cause to some the framerate isn't playable. So in the end the requirements for nVidia to run triple monitors isn't so bad after all.
In the end, triple monitor gaming is cool, just not for me after having tried it. maybe in a couple of years I'll try it again once they have 0 bezel displays.
Huh? Both sports sedan and family cars have the same number of windows, so what's your point? A much more valid comparison is taping up your side windows. Try driving under those conditions. Now remove the tape. See how thrilled you are to have that extra view? This is how we Eyefinity users feel.
If I say I'd rather have one high res monitor with the hardware to run games on it at max settings, it's because it's my own personal preference. Some of you act as if I'm insulting you because my preference differs from yours. And then to question why am I even on the thread? <snip when you started comparing Apple products>
Has anyone got a chance to check out the bezel correction feature? Or is that still a secret? :|
I'll wait to buy a 42"+ 1080p plasma. I don't see the point in this tech other than for productivity.
um okay. the people that bought this setup already felt like the bezels would not bother them. show me one thread where several people are not put off by the bezels. thats keeping many people including myself from really jumping on board. maybe when I get a chance to try it I will change my opinion but until then...
Am I the only one who finds it more than a little disturbing the number of people who visit this forum who can't wrap their head around the difference between physical screen size and display resolution? You'd think something like that would be common knowledge in a forum for DIY computing enthusiasts.....![]()
I think its time to create a thread called "please put all posts about how your prefer a TV to Eyefinity or the Bezels would bother you too much here".
I setup eyefinity even though I already have a 100+ inch projection screen. Thats comparable about 4 52-inch or 10 22-24" inch screens. I also lost performance compared to my triple 4870 setup (could only afford a 5770 or 5850 right now). The best way to explain it is that when I use my projector, my FW900 24" CRT, 39" CRT or 24" LCD I never feel like I can get close enough to the screen. With Eyefinity not only can I sit as close to the monitors because the extra resolution makes it still look nice, but I feel truly immersed. Most of the time when people get bigger screens they move farther back so it still looks nice which means that your really not gaining much actual size.
My LCD's have some of the largest Bezels around (24" Soyo) and are extra thick on the bottom (stupid speakers) so I can't quite get used to 3x portrait in shooters particularly if the character (3rd person) or weapon (1st person) gets cut off.
Agreed. Some people can't seem to wrap their heads around the concept.
I would not want to PROFILE the issue here though
Waiting a month after the game is released to have support for crossfire
A lot of people try to say that Nvidia driver and ATI driver support is the same. This kind of crap is what people bitch about. Waiting a month after the game is released to have support for crossfire or some versions of eyenifity is bullshit. 3rd party tools being the only remedy? That's also bullshit. For the number of graphics cards they sell they could damn well pay someone to fix this already. THERE IS NO EXCUSE for crossfire AND eyenfinity not working on every major game released the day of the release. This isn't mall tycoon 7 either, this is freaking bioshock. Get it together already ATI.
Dave Baumann said:...bear in mind that an application such as Wide Screen Fixer is altering the game in some why - that's an area that we shouldn't go; you may ask how this is different from enabling control panel AA or AF, but even in those cases we are not altering the application, but altering what our driver is doing as the application code passes through it, so even in those cases we never actually alter the application.
On the game front, though, Mach is also correct in that where we are aiming for is the up front approach with the developer and evangelizing Eyefinity to them in order to get more support with the app, this of course doesn't affect older titles and will have varying results, but at the very least we'll be raising its profile. Our engagements with developers are already bearing fruit though - we've already seen Bioware update Dragon Age for triple wide and our engagement with Codemasters with DiRT 2 has also yielded good results so far.