One Steep Ramp Up

If I had no concern for my health I could write a check for 2 of those now.

I do enjoy breathing without machine assistance however.....

Does your wife drink, and if so do you know if she is able to handle the sauce? If she likes to drink but you know she can't handle the sauce, perhaps you can get her to agree to something while she is in an altered state of mind. You could have a notary present to notarize and make it semi-official.

Or maybe you can get her into this hobby called folding@home.

Of course this advice is for entertainment purposes only and I cannot be held responsible for any consequences you may suffer.
 
lol, get her toasted, have a notary there LOL

classic
 
Of course this advice is for entertainment purposes only and I cannot be held responsible for any consequences you may suffer.

Why do you insist on trying to get Kendrak killed? We want his ppd up, not down... :)
 
What in the hell......

He is on my overtake list. 30 mil behind me and he is my #1 threat.

:eek:
LOL, you're not the only one. Even Tiger has no more than a year...! Heck, he's giving Atlas a run for his money at this production level... :eek:
 
What's in my box?

Under all these fans there really are some components,,,, I promise!

HKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHK​

DOMA_P1000181.JPG

HKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHK​

DOMA_P1000175.JPG

HKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHK​

P1000179.JPG

HKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHK​

DOMA_P1000182.JPG

HKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHK​

P1000183.JPG

HKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHK​

P1000187.JPG

.
[SIZE="-10"].[/SIZE]
HKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHK​


[SIZE="-10"].[/SIZE]
 
Last edited:
Awesome, but what's with all the HK links? Is this ppd officially sponsored by them something? If so, remind me to make my next weapon an HK :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Goodness! That is the first naked folding rig i've seen that isn't exactly naked. This is a naked folding rig that I can forgive!
 
I'm busy looking for clues in the background.
Photo 1: rack (racks?)
Photo 2: open case
Photo 3-4: GTX 295 CO-OP?
 
HK, that is some serious work there, I salute you sir!

that fan....it's.....so.....BIG........

also, yowza, 4.2ghz on a i920, thats seriously cool.

I think this mower is about to be mowed rather quickly but I'm totally cool with that
 
Awesome, but what's with all the HK links? Is this ppd officially sponsored by them something? If so, remind me to make my next weapon an HK :)
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Just like the HK line. That's all.

Hey! Maybe if I keep it up they will give a free HK logo'ed system case for the next build. Of course someone would have to put the thought in their ear while [H] is still number one,,, like the HK fiirearms are.
 
Last edited:
I'm busy looking for clues in the background.
Photo 1: rack (racks?)
Photo 2: open case
Photo 3-4: GTX 295 CO-OP?

The GTX 295 is an extra at the moment.

1 Not folding
2 Not folding. Being born.

In fact, most of the system you are loking at now was made from extra stuff just lying around.
 
Last edited:
[H]ecklerKoc[H];1036154943 said:
In fact, most of the system you are loking at now was made from extra stuff just lying around.
Extra stuff just lying around?? Holey Moley that's a lot of stuff you have that wasn't being used. It's great you were able to put everything together for the team and cause. Incredible! :cool: :eek: :cool:
 
Awesome stuff HK.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Very nice!! Great show here
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
I am still drooling over your I7 in the test bench case with fans thrown all over. Maybe later I can stop and think about what is all in the other equipment. I think I need to go buy more hardware now.
 
LOL, you're not the only one. Even Tiger has no more than a year...! Heck, he's giving Atlas a run for his money at this production level... :eek:

At HK's current production long timers ChasR and Mutsu are going to be mowed in less than 2 years:eek::eek:
 
Peek #2 behind the scenes of the [H]ecklerKoc[H] Folding steel and silicon

Some details follow below after the image.


UberFolder_MWSnap002%202010-09-08%2C%2020_09_32%20%282%29.jpg


For people who want to see the image with more detail see this URL: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_H6G8c7wgQmo/TIho4P3BhhI/AAAAAAAAAEE/PlD7zyZOmFI/UberFolder_MWSnap002%202010-09-08%2C%2020_09_32%20%282%29.jpg

Some Hardware Details:
  • Thermaltak Xaser IV(mfr url)
  • BFG EX-1200 (mfr url)
  • Thermaltake Toughpower Power Express 650W W0158RU (mfr url)
  • Thermaltake Toughpower Power Express 650W W0158RU (mfr url)
  • EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI 170-BL-E762-A1(mfr url)
  • G.SKILL F316000CL6T-6GBPID (mfr url)
  • Zalman CNPS10X Extreme (mfr url)
  • EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP FTW, 017-P3-1298-AR (mfr url)
  • EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP FTW, 017-P3-1298-AR (mfr url)
  • EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP FTW, 017-P3-1298-AR (mfr url)
  • EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP FTW, 017-P3-1298-AR (mfr url)
  • A few case fans to help the air move along. :)

Out of the systems that are folding for ID [H]ecklerKoc[H] this ranks as the #1 system for Folding@home points per day output. The picture above show a current group of all round sweet work units. Even on a bad day this system still gets a base output of at least 109,000 to 110,000 PPD. This is the reason my other post asked if a GTX 295 was being given away instead of the current card. I think most of us know already the GTX 480 comes up a bit short for Folding@home GPU work as compared to the even a stock GTX 295. Or for you lucky souls out there, an Asus Mars video card.

If you are wondering about the power supply configuration listed above it's all about clean and stable power. Reasonably delivered to the system without heavy modifications for power control, wiring, or mounting. Given that BFG power supply owners are now SOL, keeping the power supply more lightly loaded is not a such bad thing. I am sure the headroom left on all of the power supplies has resulted in an overall cleaner power delivery. This translates to a more stable system even without massive input power conditioning. All supplies fit neatly in the case and the external power connections are simple and clean to manage. All three supplies controlled by a single power button.

For those who notice the short up time, tonight the TIM was replaced. The original TIM was applied sparingly since the Zalman itself had such a nice surface prep. Unfortunately this lead to higher than expected temps over the long term. Also discovered on disassembly the separation of the TIM's carrier from the thermal conductive materials in the TIM. The new TIM used during replacement is the Arctic Cooling MX-3. A combination of a better quality TIM, as well as more used during the replacement (pea sized), made the temps shown above possible on air cooling.

Who wants to see a picture of this system?

[SIZE="-10"].[/SIZE]
HKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHKHK​


[SIZE="-10"].[/SIZE]
 
yeah true the GTX 295 out performs the GTX 480.. but there is a down side to running all those gpu clients is the cpu usage.. the gpu3 client runs between 1-4% of the cpu.. multiply that over 8 gpu's thats anywhere from 8-32% of the cpu which takes a big hit on the SMP client.. while say the GTX 480 makes roughly 16k PPD on a single card vs 18k PPD on a single gtx 295, the gtx 480 is losing by 2k PPD but only uses between 1-4% of the cpu vs 2-8% of the cpu which means you make up that 2k PPD difference with the smp bigadv client.. so both have their plus and minuses..
 
yeah true the GTX 295 out performs the GTX 480.. but there is a down side to running all those gpu clients is the cpu usage.. the gpu3 client runs between 1-4% of the cpu.. multiply that over 8 gpu's thats anywhere from 8-32% of the cpu which takes a big hit on the SMP client.. while say the GTX 480 makes roughly 16k PPD on a single card vs 18k PPD on a single gtx 295, the gtx 480 is losing by 2k PPD but only uses between 1-4% of the cpu vs 2-8% of the cpu which means you make up that 2k PPD difference with the smp bigadv client.. so both have their plus and minuses..

I usually see 0.79% CPU usage average using GPU2 and that's on i7 920 3.9ghz. (task manager - Ressource Monitor) It should be even less on an 980x@4.2ghz, really not a problem.

3 thumbs up to you HecklerKoch :cool::cool:
 
Sum-ma-ma-b!tch that's some badass hardware! :drools: [changes pants] /dreams/ -cries- :D
Thanks for the teamwork, the info, and the pr0n in the morning. :)
Man I'd be afraid to tiptoe around all those fans...knowing my luck, one would wobble just enough to fall into the spinning blades of another one which would set off some nucular (typo on purpose) reaction and blow up the house. :D
 
there we go, thats why i'm talking about ( the pr0n that is.....)

what a nice setup...


now the big question -- Is your whole PPD from a personal farm ? and shit, your PPD are crazy man
 
Somewhere, another distributed computing team is mourning the loss of their biggest producer...
 
Goodness, I am curious what kind of power draw your farm has!

I live in a really bad neighborhood, and I bet i'd get raided if I was using that much electricity.
 
Back
Top