OLED MONITORS!!!!!

DarkSideA8

Gawd
Console gamers play almost all of the same major releases. They also, by default of already having great 4K televisions, have better displays than most PC gamers.
Not arguing. I got over resenting the big studios from chasing the money and making TrippleA titles for consoles and leaving PC crappy ports long ago.

Well - maybe not fully over the resentment - but accepting

Jumpem

Gawd
Why accept it - it sucks. Games should be made for pc and kb/m above all else and then ported to console.
That is not where the market is with the number of consoles produced. For most triple A games, the PC gets a port of a console game.

AzixTGO

Weaksauce
You have to remember that gaming and image quality enthusiasts are still a niche. The average person still buys something that is on sale and cheap enough to justify it and they might use that device for 10+ years if it keeps working. Totally different approach from the gamers and movie buffs chasing ultimate image quality experience. So manufacturers make devices they think are going to sell in sufficient quantities and the niches are served by very expensive products. Building a smaller OLED panel might not have a good enough return for investment to LG, even the 48" models are a byproduct of making better use of the material used to make larger TVs.

My advice to you is to not try to mount the display on your desk. I used a heavy duty monitor arm with an adapter plate at first because that's what I had and my 80cm deep table was just ok. I am much happier using a floor stand that puts it 1m away. The stock LG stand is a huge pile of crap that prevents putting it close to a wall because it sticks so far out the back. Wall mount is the best option if you can do that. Notice that the mounting point on the LG OLEDs is not at the center but at the bottom portion of the display.
what was wrong with the monitor arm? that's my plan.

kasakka

2[H]4U
what was wrong with the monitor arm? that's my plan.
You need an extremely deep desk to make it work. You are limited by the depth of your desk and because of the size of the display can't really move the arm so that it is behind the desk, the part that is mounted to the desk gets in the way. So on my 80 cm desk I couldn't really get any further than that plus my sitting distance. It wasn't quite enough to be comfortable.

I bought a floor stand to mount mine behind the desk and that puts it at about 100-110cm distance and that makes a big difference in comfort. Wall mount would be nicer looking but I have a window right behind my desk so it's a no go.

Gatecrasher3000

Limp Gawd
I bought a floor stand to mount mine behind the desk and that puts it at about 100-110cm distance and that makes a big difference in comfort. Wall mount would be nicer looking but I have a window right behind my desk so it's a no go.

I too have a window behind my desk, and when I get my lg 48" or 42" oled I won't like the look of the large screen blocking the entire window, so I came up with a little plan. I'm going to pick up one of these electric monitor lifts, so I can keep the screen hidden behind my desk when not in use, then when it's time to game I can make my large screen magically lift up with one button press, right to the perfect height.

https://www.amazon.com/CO-Z-Motoriz...words=tv+motorized+lift&qid=1619360396&sr=8-3

AzixTGO

Weaksauce
You need an extremely deep desk to make it work. You are limited by the depth of your desk and because of the size of the display can't really move the arm so that it is behind the desk, the part that is mounted to the desk gets in the way. So on my 80 cm desk I couldn't really get any further than that plus my sitting distance. It wasn't quite enough to be comfortable.

oh it was a viewing distance thing. ok.
damn tho. 80mm is a lot already. I'll probably have to lean back while using it. Which might not be so bad with the right chair. I also want to be able to rotate it in case I am going to sit away from the desktop to play with a controller.

kasakka

2[H]4U
oh it was a viewing distance thing. ok.
damn tho. 80mm is a lot already. I'll probably have to lean back while using it. Which might not be so bad with the right chair. I also want to be able to rotate it in case I am going to sit away from the desktop to play with a controller.
You could see if you can find a wall mountable arm that can hold the weight and move enough for your needs. IMO 80cm is basically the minimum viewing distance for this thing.

Panel

Limp Gawd
Okay - but you have to also admit that Console Kids who play on TVs are now considered 'Gamers' -- those 'thumb warriors' inherited all the work that M&K users put into shifting the industry toward better games and equipment... and we've been rewarded with the term 'niche'.
Easy with the salt there! You don’t want to develop hypertension, right?

frisbfreek

Weaksauce
My advice to you is to not try to mount the display on your desk. I used a heavy duty monitor arm with an adapter plate at first because that's what I had and my 80cm deep table was just ok. I am much happier using a floor stand that puts it 1m away. The stock LG stand is a huge pile of crap that prevents putting it close to a wall because it sticks so far out the back. Wall mount is the best option if you can do that. Notice that the mounting point on the LG OLEDs is not at the center but at the bottom portion of the display.
I'm guessing this only works for non-standing desks? I would think that for a standing desk, you either need to use a stand on the desk or an arm clamped to the desk.

kasakka

2[H]4U
I'm guessing this only works for non-standing desks? I would think that for a standing desk, you either need to use a stand on the desk or an arm clamped to the desk.
Yes. You would want a motorized stand or a wall mount that can be moved. I would probably not want to try to use a monitor arm clamped to a standing desk. Most standing desks are not deep enough in the first place and might wobble in the standing position due to the size of the TV.