OLED MONITORS!!!!!

MistaSparkul

[H]ard|Gawd
How many devices output 2.1 though? Those of us with older hardware would prefer DP support for our aging hardware.

Sure I guess. I'm not saying it isn't nice to have, I'm just saying it's not really missed that badly. You could always use Club3D's DP 1.4 -> HDMI 2.1 adapter which supports DSC to get 4k120Hz 444 on the CX using a non HDMI 2.1 device.

Reactions: mikeo
like this

kasakka

2[H]4U
Sure I guess. I'm not saying it isn't nice to have, I'm just saying it's not really missed that badly. You could always use Club3D's DP 1.4 -> HDMI 2.1 adapter which supports DSC to get 4k120Hz 444 on the CX using a non HDMI 2.1 device.
HDMI is backwards compatible so if the device had HDMI 2.1 you could just hook up the HDMI 2.0 from your laptop. That is enough for 4K 60 Hz 8-bit.

Club3D adapter will work for PC use but on my Macbook Pro it refuses to output more than 4K 60 Hz when hooked up to a USB-C to DP 1.4 adapter. The same dual adapter setup works just fine from my 2080 Ti USB-C port so this is probably some Apple bullshit that might also apply to other laptops with USB-C ports.

Roflcopter_Down

[H]ard|Gawd
How bad is the burn in? I've been waiting for oled monitors half my life when they had like small $10k demos. Considering the 17" 4k oled razer blade if anyone has one or similar panel.

Jumpem

Gawd
Don't expect 10 years of use out of a OLED. I believe 5 years a reasonable expectation out a OLED.
I would think two to three, on average, based on what I have read about televisions. Best Buy is the place to buy OLED. I don't know if they will carry this particular monitor.