Official Overwatch Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Tiberian, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Zepher

Zepher [H]ipster Replacement

Man, there are some salty people out there. People were complaining about me in Deathmatch playing as Pharah.
    I played 5 games, 3 Free for All and 2 Team Deathmatch, won all 5 matches and random people in all matches were complaining about me using Pharah, WTF????

overwatch-kill-stealing-lol.jpg

2. ghostwich

ghostwich [H]ard|Gawd

F them, man.

For a team-based game there are a lot of whiny selfish players out there. You can tell when people are extra vocal about which characters you pick.

Zepher likes this.
  3. Zepher

Deathmatch is free for all, so it's you against the other 7 people. And Pharah is quite hard when you have McCree's Soldiers, Torbs, and Genjis trying to kill you.

In Team games, I usually get asked to play as Pharah at the start of the match when they look at my playtime stats, I've got over 400 hours playing her.
    I am not the greatest Pharah player, but I can hold my own in my ranking.

4. Tiberian

Tiberian DILLIGAFuck

You do realize, I hope, that you're playing against other people on the Internet and if you're better than them even in slight degrees they're going to bitch, moan, and whine incessantly because of you being even slightly better than them, right? Right?

This is the eternal situation where when you're better you'll never really be praised for it but instead lambasted constantly every time you encounter the same or even new individuals, it's just the nature of the situation.

5. refraxion

refraxion [H]ardForum Junkie

People complain about me using McCree and winning most of my FFA matches. *shrugs* McCree is one of the hardest characters to be good at in the game.

6. Zepher

Was bored so I put together my complete stats for Pharah. This was screen capped a week or so ago, just didn't get around to putting it together.

Pharah-Stats-Full.jpg

ghostwich likes this.
  7. Will V

Will V n00bie

lol Yea so much for this being a bust ehy?

8. Ranstat

Ranstat n00bie

Game is still going strong. D-va and Mercy changes are in. Mercy is insane right now. If you haven't tried it, give it a whirl

9. refraxion

Played yesterday and was hilarious at the reaction after the FFA match.

Attached Files:

10. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

Glad to see they made Ressurrerect a single-use ability (I even suggested such a thing awhile back); it should be healing-based though like the TF2 Medic IMO (basically make it charge-based - expend a charge to revive teammate).

I got into the game for a couple of months recently but quickly tired of the endless Defense Matrix and Winston bubble spam negating so many shots, along with Mercy's rez simply negating entire battles.

But that sounds stupid as hell - 20 seconds of beast mode plus a free ressurrect reset?

11. refraxion

Mercy is almost a must pick now more than ever before. She's really good, especially with the tempo res. If you're not starting off with a mercy you're basically playing against a 7v6 right off the hop.

12. Zepher

speaking of 7 players, for some reason it said we had 7 players in chat on our team, lol
    7-players-wtf.jpg

13. Ranstat

Ranstat n00bie

I agree. If you don't have a Mercy, it's extremely tough to win. She's insanely OP. D-va changes have turned her a into a bit of a DPS/Tank hybrid. Overall, i'd still call it a nerf. I like them mixing it up, but the Mercy change went way too far.

14. refraxion

Yeah I've seen that happen before. Someone on the other team was in OUR voice chat, as well as on our team for a brief duration during team setup. It was weird, haha.

15. refraxion

I really like this new patch. McCree indirectly gets buffed due to DVA nerf. And more picks are viable now.

16. Ranstat

Ranstat n00bie

I agree, the DVA nerf helped DPS across the board in general. Now if only she'd stop eatting my Zarya gaviton ult!

17. Zepher

Overwatch League just started and they have customized team skins that you can purchase.
    They are 100 tokens each, 100 tokens start at $4.99. Every player gets 100 tokens free to get one free skin. Signing up for Overwatch League updates gets you another 100 tokens.

I used my 200 tokens for these 2 skins,
    Pharah-Soldier-OWL-Skins.jpg

F.E.A.R. likes this.
  18. limitedaccess

limitedaccess [H]ardness Supreme

Curious if you're a fan or did you just pick those due to looks?

19. Zepher

I chose them for the looks. I like the color schemes.
    I am a fan of the League, but I don't have a favorite team yet.

20. F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R. [H]ard|Gawd

I have to say that I am enjoying the Overwatch league a lot more than I thought I would. I picked Dynasty for DVa and Fusion for Orisa.

21. limitedaccess

limitedaccess [H]ardness Supreme

So you went that route. I'm in the boat where it seems like the teams I like more have skins that don't work whereas the teams I like the least have the skins I like the most.

22. Yippee38

Yippee38 [H]ard|Gawd

I suspect a lot of people chose the Dynasty skin. It's the best color combo. It doesn't make the characters look like a McDonalds' Happy Meal or a Little Tikes toy.

I'm not using my credits because I don't care about OWL.