Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone interested in the 3090 FTW3 Hybrid? I signed up for both notifications and just received the 3090 FTW3 Hybrid one.

I'm waiting for the 3080 hybrid. So if anyone wants the 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, let me know.

Edit: 24G-P5-3988-KR variant
What timestamp was your notify?

Had no problem getting on the notify for the FTW3 , but didn't get any of the HydroCopper ones sadly. Hopefully they'll open the queue back up for the 3090.

i expect the sign up rate for the 3090s was much lower than 3080 (as usual), but still promising.

Screenshot_20201210-110557.png

Boom! 9:58. Please don't be jealous, ladies, it's unattractive.

Last edited:
I'm a bit encouraged that they were still taking names that late. My condolences (and congrats!) of course, but still good that an hour later they didn't shut it down given the mayhem we've all been dealing with.

EDIT: And apparently still are.

I don't think they close the 'Notify Queues' - they just keep going and going.

Yeah, I'm sure I signed up so late for the aircooled version that I will not get notified for it until 2022.

And 3080TI will have its own 3 month wait. Man I would have thought these things would be on the shelf’s steady by now!!!

Yes but in theory we stand a better chance of getting in the waitlists at a better spot. Or worse even but hey at that point the 3080 list might have caught up ;)

I'm nearly to the point where I'm going to have to talk my self down from adding the 3090 to my search lol

I'm nearly to the point where I'm going to have to talk my self down from adding the 3090 to my search lol
You should consider the 3090 dead.
The 3080TI will have the same amount of RTX shaders, and be nearly the exact same speed as the 3090 but with "only" 20GB of VRAM vs. 24GB of VRAM on the 3090.

For a gamer there is no reason to pay the extra $500. The game benchmarks should be within a single frame rate or two on most titles at 4K between the 3080TI and the 3090. That's well within a margin of error and is no appreciable real world difference -- EVEN if you are one of those 'gotta have the best' enthusiasts. As a gamer you will never need 24GB of VRAM while these cards are still mainstream/enthusiasts cards. If you do productivity work and KNOW you need 24GB of VRAM - then have at the 3090 - but there's no sense in justifying that purchase for a gamer...

So much for the newegg combos:

View attachment 307779

Looks like they changed it back. Still New policy says "some combos cannot be returned individually", so exercise as much caution as you think is necessary while tripping over your fingers..
Edit: There are reports of people not being able to return partial combos and having to contact customer support to do so. Some reports that this policy will be effective going forward, but I guess while the Combo Return policy hasn't been updated there's still an argument to be made.

1607643969877.png

I was temped as well... until I forced my brain to process the price tag:

1607643893920.png

Last edited:
Came to my senses and cancelled. I may be crazy enough to buy a 3090, but not a $2000 one (with tax). lol

Side note, I was able to buy a PNY 3090 today as well (amazon), but cancelled because I was not sure about the cooler performance. Not really much in terms of reviews.

To my knowledge it has the best thermals of any aircooled 3090, a monument of overengineering.
I have this card.. only because I got a good deal on it trading my new in box 5950x for their new in box 3090 strix.. saved a coupled hundred over sticker price all said and done. I am putting a water block on it but I did finally open it and threw it into my test bench pc last night.. did 14300 in port royal on a 9700k with stock hsf on the card still, never got over 54C with +200 core and +1200 mem. I am hoping the dark hero mb shows up saturday like tracking says so I can rebuild my pc and put the block on the strix.. maybe get a little more performance out of it.

**just realized that was not the strix.. forgot I did not have 3 pci-e cables off my psu in that pc so did not test out the strix yet.. those results are the 3090 FE.

Last edited:
RTX 3070 ASUS, $1000 Amazon 3rd party:
https://www.amazon.com/Graphics-Dis...ld=1&keywords=RTX+3070&qid=1607648240&sr=8-18

RTX 3070 MSI 3 fan cooler, $1000 Amazon 3rd party:
https://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Gami...ld=1&keywords=RTX+3070&qid=1607648325&sr=8-10

RTX 3080 EVGA XC3, $1400 Amazon 3rd party:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NV292LF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1Z8HN9APE8NTZ&psc=1

Edit: EVGA sold out.

RTX 3080 ASUS TUF, $1500, Amazon 3rd party:
https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-GeFor...efinements=p_4:NVIDIA&s=merchant-items&sr=1-6

They have some others to.

Terrible prices but if you want them I suppose you can get them. Limited quantity.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
RTX 3070 ASUS, $1000 Amazon 3rd party:
https://www.amazon.com/Graphics-Dis...ld=1&keywords=RTX+3070&qid=1607648240&sr=8-18

RTX 3070 MSI 3 fan cooler, $1000 Amazon 3rd party:
https://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Gami...ld=1&keywords=RTX+3070&qid=1607648325&sr=8-10

RTX 3080 EVGA XC3, $1400 Amazon 3rd party:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08NV292LF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1Z8HN9APE8NTZ&psc=1

They have some others to.

Terrible prices but if you want them I suppose you can get them. Limited quantity.
Is it even viable to scalp via Amazon 3rd party? I'm not familiar with to what extent Amazon has their 3rd party sellers by the balls, but Amazon in general will absolutely shit on seller/merchant before fucking the customer. IE; customer claims card is DOA, damaged, demands a refund, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is it even viable to scalp via Amazon 3rd party? I'm not familiar with to what extent Amazon has their 3rd party sellers by the balls, but Amazon in general will absolutely shit on seller/merchant before fucking the customer. IE; customer claims card is DOA, damaged, demands a refund, etc.

Amazon doesn't give a shit as long as they get their cut. Take a look at the evga 3080 ftw3 ultra. $1500ish on amazon right now. Take note of the store names and make sure you never buy off them is the only advice I can give against amazon scalpers. Cuz sure as shit amazon won't do shit even if they sell you fakes. Sure you might be able to return it but amazon doesnt care about that...all those costs are passed onto the seller.

I can't imagine Amazon limits prices for what 3rd party sellers can sell their items at. Nor should they. I assume its a small computer store that sells partially online, a lot of small stores sell on ebay/Amazon to stay in business so I won't hold it against them. I doubt they'll get any more anytime soon.

I'm interested in the MSI 3070, but it is $500 too expensive. So hard pass for me. Was just browsing and actually saw them in stock so figured I'd link them here for those with big wallets and don't mind getting a terrible deal.

I don't mean Amazon limiting or moderating prices whatsoever; I was referring to how in disputes or in the case of issues arising, Amazon favors the buyer heavily, so wouldn't it be a headache to scalp on Amazon and have to deal with buyers who are griefing? I guess if it was that much of a risk they wouldn't use Amazon.

I don't mean Amazon limiting or moderating prices whatsoever; I was referring to how in disputes or in the case of issues arising, Amazon favors the buyer heavily, so wouldn't it be a headache to scalp on Amazon and have to deal with buyers who are griefing? I guess if it was that much of a risk they wouldn't use Amazon.

I'd assume so. I wouldn't sell an in demand GPU/console currently even at MSRP. The chances of someone scamming you out of it must be high. Even if you charge $20 over MSRP to cover your higher selling fees/shipping compared to a major store like Amazon.com or Newegg, I am sure someone will fight you over it because they're being "scalped" and want to teach the seller a lesson.

Suffice to say, from a buyer standpoint I think Amazon has you covered. I wouldn't bother at double MSRP though.

I'd assume so. I wouldn't sell an in demand GPU/console currently even at MSRP. The chances of someone scamming you out of it must be high. Even if you charge $20 over MSRP to cover your higher selling fees/shipping compared to a major store like Amazon.com or Newegg, I am sure someone will fight you over it because they're being "scalped" and want to teach the seller a lesson.

Suffice to say, from a buyer standpoint I think Amazon has you covered. I wouldn't bother at double MSRP though.
Yeah, I see a good amount of messing with scalpers on ebay with unrealistic bids and probable non-payment to any auctions not requiring immediate payment to buy-it-now. I can definitely see people going to whatever lengths possible to grief scalpers on Amazon via return hassles and dispute/claims, which is why I wonder how scalping on Amazon is even viable if, as a seller, you're going to be thrown under the bus by Amazon if/when somebody tries to stick it to a scalper.

Yeah, I see a good amount of messing with scalpers on ebay with unrealistic bids and probable non-payment to any auctions not requiring immediate payment to buy-it-now. I can definitely see people going to whatever lengths possible to grief scalpers on Amazon via return hassles and dispute/claims, which is why I wonder how scalping on Amazon is even viable if, as a seller, you're going to be thrown under the bus by Amazon if/when somebody tries to stick it to a scalper.

It must be though because there are a few listed. Unfortunately I am too honest to bother fucking with the scalpers on Amazon. I would feel dirty if I bought a card and then tried to screw them over. Its just not in my nature. Not that I didnt think they would deserve it...I just couldn't do it personally.

On a different note, does anyone know what are the latest developements on Newegg's combo return policy? Some pages are showing "All individual products in below combo must be returned in their entirety" while their page here that was updated December 10th and referenced a few posts above is still active and remains unchanged. Anyone try to return part of a combo recently?

I wouldn't be surprised if NE changed it to the entire bundle needs to be sent back. I am sure a lot of people were returning the bs items NE was trying to force people to buy. I always defended NE but this bundle crap is freaking bs.

On a different note, does anyone know what are the latest developements on Newegg's combo return policy? Some pages are showing "All individual products in below combo must be returned in their entirety" while their page here that was updated December 10th and referenced a few posts above is still active and remains unchanged. Anyone try to return part of a combo recently?
I would be cautious with the combos going forward. There are some reddit/discord reports that graphics cards combo's are not individually returnable after Dec 10th, even though the Combo return policy has remained the same for other products. The problem is this wording:
1607697966693.png

However, other reports of people continuing to be successful in their returns so far, so not yet a problem.
(Edited for factual accuracy as things developed)

In other news, I'm out boys!

Ordered a 3080 XC3 ULTRA from https://secure.jncs.com/ (small shop, seemed legit from the background research i did before ordering). $100 over MSRP (878 vs 769), but they didnt charge tax so it's almost a wash
They require you to call in to finalize orders. I emailed them last night with all the info, then called this morning at 9am when they opened. They asked to call me back after they got situated and got back to me saying i'd been first in line due to email&call. Guy calling said he physically went to check inventory before calling back. At that time they had 3 Ultras (which i'm guessing are going to be gone now) but they have some more stock coming in next week. If you want something guaranteed might be more worthwhile than the lottery.

Last edited:
I scored both a 5900x and a 3080 with Newegg combos, one with a motherboard and one with a PSU. Was able to return both the MB and the PSU with no restocking fee, just had to pay for return shipping.
Newegg needs to stop with all this combo BS if they don't want returns. Forcing crappy Gigabyte PSUs and Motherboards on customers is not cool, knowing that their customers meticulously research every part they actually want to buy.

I thought it was clarified that Newegg pulled back their combo changes. They claimed it was an error. I personally can still go into my order history and return the janky memory that is coming with the CPU I ordered. Seems okay for now but tread carefully.

I scored both a 5900x and a 3080 with Newegg combos, one with a motherboard and one with a PSU. Was able to return both the MB and the PSU with no restocking fee, just had to pay for return shipping.
Newegg needs to stop with all this combo BS if they don't want returns. Forcing crappy Gigabyte PSUs and Motherboards on customers is not cool, knowing that their customers meticulously research every part they actually want to buy.
Honestly, as long as Newegg does not change their combo return policy, I would prefer it. With combos, it's harder to search and know which combo will drop, which gives us a few seconds ahead of bots. I also doubt that botters will buy a bunch of combos only to process a bunch of combo returns. I don't see a flood of Oloy memory, haha.

Like you, I scored my 3080 with a PSU combo. I also scored my 5900x with an Asus mobo combo. I also have a 5600x coming with the memory. For standard CPU only or GPU only drops from Newegg, I don't even have a chance, as in, I can't even get it to my cart fast enough to checkout.

Honestly, as long as Newegg does not change their combo return policy, I would prefer it. With combos, it's harder to search and know which combo will drop, which gives us a few seconds ahead of bots. I also doubt that botters will buy a bunch of combos only to process a bunch of combo returns. I don't see a flood of Oloy memory, haha.

Like you, I scored my 3080 with a PSU combo. I also scored my 5900x with an Asus mobo combo. I also have a 5600x coming with the memory. For standard CPU only or GPU only drops from Newegg, I don't even have a chance, as in, I can't even get it to my cart fast enough to checkout.

It would be nice if you could pay for it, then immediately send an email asking for a return for the bundled item. And have newegg follow up and cancel that for a full refund before shipping. That way we get the GPU at MSRP and newegg doesn't waste time/money shipping and returning the junk hardware.

Reactions: D-S
like this
It would be nice if you could pay for it, then immediately send an email asking for a return for the bundled item. And have newegg follow up and cancel that for a full refund before shipping. That way we get the GPU at MSRP and newegg doesn't waste time/money shipping and returning the junk hardware.
Oh yah! I would love this, haha.

And then they cancel your entire order instead and the card goes to a scalper ;)

Came to my senses and cancelled. I may be crazy enough to buy a 3090, but not a $2000 one (with tax). lol

Side note, I was able to buy a PNY 3090 today as well (amazon), but cancelled because I was not sure about the cooler performance. Not really much in terms of reviews.
The 3080Ti is coming, buy a 3080 instead sub $800 and upgrade to the Ti only if you think it's worth it.
Anything above that price point your overpaying, that's including the 6900XT which is in no mans land (a $1000 GPU needs to be good at 4K and RT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back