Official NVIDIA Ampere In-Stock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be a longshot, but if anyone signed up for a 3090 XC3 Hybrid and won't use their spot in line but would be willing to let a fellow [H] member use it please let me know. I would love to be able to buy it.

The 3090 TUF I have isn't ideal for watercooling in my case (too tall) so I'm going back to trying to get a 3090 XC3. I'm signed up for the 3090 XC3 Ultra (air) on 7-Oct but that queue hasn't moved in over a month since it appears EVGA is prioritizing the Hybrid cards now.

12/10 9:08:49
I’m three minutes later. Whoo hoooo! Maybe it won’t be well into 2021 before I get a card after all!

the site was all kinds of crashing that day. How many people could be in that three minutes is anyone’s guess.
My time was 12/10/2020 9:11:36 AM PT

So I am confused..is eVGA opening another round of pre-orders because they expect to cover the previous round soon or is this for a different model cards?

mm but I singed up for water-cooled cards a few days ago already. For both 3080 and 3090 which I wil probably wont be able to buy due to its 240mm config :/
Then you signed up for the X3 Hybrid.
The FTW hybrid is opening up for notification queue tomorrow at 9AM PT.

Anyone has an idea of the radiator size? Just wondering if I could fit it on the side panel of my View 71 case if I were to remove one of the drive cages. Unlikely and not sure I want to do that as then I will have to replace 2 drives with bigger ones thus more expenses but just in case.

I have a hybrid kit coming for my FTW3 3080 Ultra tomorrow. Can't wait to see lower temps.
What temps are you seeing and how loud is the card during visually demanding games (Cyberpunk, RDR2, etc.)? I'm signed up for a FTW3 Ultra but your post makes me wonder if I shouldn't just wait for the Hybrid. I mean as long as the temps and noise are well within a reasonable margin, I'll probably stick with an air-cooled card. I'd have to remove my front intake fans to mount another rad and I'm not sure what that would do to my case temps and airflow.

What temps are you seeing and how loud is the card during visually demanding games (Cyberpunk, RDR2, etc.)? I'm signed up for a FTW3 Ultra but your post makes me wonder if I shouldn't just wait for the Hybrid. I mean as long as the temps and noise are well within a reasonable margin, I'll probably stick with an air-cooled card. I'd have to remove my front intake fans to mount another rad and I'm not sure what that would do to my case temps and airflow.
The noise on the three fan triple depth 3080s is supposed to be nearly inaudible without AIO. Look at asus tuf reviews for instance.

It's not terribly loud, but I want to cool the card better so it can maintain more stable clocks is all.

so stupid the site crashed again. Site is normal. Starts acting slower about 10 minutes before notify time. At notify time site is completely unresponsive.

Well I don't think I could have done this any faster.
I had four different browsers open.
I had two IPs as source. One my phone, (safari) one PC (Edge, IE11, Chrome)

Maybe they have to restart IIS to change their page and it just brings the site down for a few minutes? SURELY there aren't that many bots still after this type of launch?

10G-P5-3898-KR12/16/2020 9:06:21 AM PTNo

Got my notify in right at the 12:02 mark give or take a few seconds.

Archaea it is probably slammed by both humans and bots ;).

Son of a

How'd you get 2 minutes past the hour. were you hitting refresh, or just letting it sit off the original refresh at the hour? I kept hitting refresh every 10-15 seconds on each browser. In case I don't have a card by the 3080TI launch maybe your advice will help me.

If this is anything like the previous queues, each minute can be translated into weeks of additional waiting. Most of the hybrid queues are only moving a few seconds for each drop at this point. Demand is unreal.

I got in at the 12:09 mark.

10G-P5-3898-KR12/16/2020 9:09:23 AM PT

I got to the below page at 12:02 and then sat watching this patiently for about 7 minutes before the pop up to enter my email address came up:

3080evga.PNG

Son of a

How'd you get 2 minutes past the hour. were you hitting refresh, or just letting it sit off the original refresh at the hour? In case I don't have a card by the 3080TI launch maybe your advice will help me.
I was opening new tabs direct to the notify page and waiting, while closing old tabs and opening more. I emailed myself the autonotify link so I could easily middle click open tabs. You don't want to or need to be on the site waiting.... Refreshing the product page will be very slow and then you still would need another hop to the notify page from there.

Seymour got in at 9:07. Old faithful Internet Explorer was the first browser to popup with it.

10G-P5-3898-KR12/16/2020 9:07:37 AM PT

I was opening new tabs direct to the notify page and waiting, while closing old tabs and opening more. I emailed myself the autonotify link so I could easily middle click open tabs. You don't want to or need to be on the site waiting.... Refreshing the product page will be very slow and then you still would need another hop to the notify page from there.

Well, damn - that's a solid strategy.

12/16/2020 9:02:38 AM according to the page :). I have a decently early one on the xc3 hybrid but I don't care which one between this ftw or that honestly. I just want a 3080 card finally.

Wouldn't load for me until 9:14. Bleh.

12/16/2020 9:02:38 AM according to the page :). I have a decently early one on the xc3 hybrid but I don't care which one between this ftw or that honestly. I just want a 3080 card finally.
Check your email. Someone with a 9:02:47 AM sign-up already got a notification for purchase this afternoon.

So how does it work? I clicked auto notify on an RTX 3070. Do I just wait for an email which tells me what time to try and checkout on the website?

So how does it work? I clicked auto notify on an RTX 3070. Do I just wait for an email which tells me what time to try and checkout on the website?
Once you are up in the queue they will send you an email with a link to purchase, you have 8 hours from when they send you the email to complete the purchase, else it expires.

Once you are up in the queue they will send you an email with a link to purchase, you have 8 hours from when they send you the email to complete the purchase, else it expires.
Only 8 hours? That's kinda lame. Should be at least 24 hours.

Only 8 hours? That's kinda lame. Should be at least 24 hours.
24 hours per email would significantly delay getting through the queue. There are people who signed up for numerous cards with an intention of only buying one. Once they have it bought they rarely unsubscribe to the other ones they signed up for.

Thus, there is a massive backlog of people getting emails that currently sit there for 8 hours until it expires, extending it to 24 hours would significantly increase the overall queue time.

So at this point I just have to wait for that email? Seems like a decent system.

Got in on a 3898 at 9:08:08a doesn't matter how soon I get it though as EKWB not gonna have a water block till Feb. Kinda a shame to rip the stock hybrid cooler off but there's no other way to get a card other then paying scalpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back