Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

After reading a bunch about Huttball, I'm really wishing I had played it during beta.

I dunno, from what I've seen it just looked hokey to me.

But I have yet to actually play it, and like yourself, completely skipped out on it during the beta. So I may change my tone in 5 days ;)

I dunno, from what I've seen it just looked hokey to me.

But I have yet to actually play it, and like yourself, completely skipped out on it during the beta. So I may change my tone in 5 days ;)

Having played more than is healthy of Huttball during beta since May, it definitely grew on me. It's a REALLY fun map if anyone on each team knows what they're doing, one of the best instanced PVP experiences I've seen between in any title... it is atrociously bad if the teams are completely clueless due to the map design + rules. I'm sure people will pick it up quickly enough however.

So, without having to search through 50 pages... what server & faction does the [H] plan on setting up on? I have two separate groups of IRL friends, my old WoW buddies and then the [H] to pick from on which server/guild I'll roll with lol

So, without having to search through 50 pages... what server & faction does the [H] plan on setting up on? I have two separate groups of IRL friends, my old WoW buddies and then the [H] to pick from on which server/guild I'll roll with lol

I don't think the [H] guild has been notified what their server assignment is yet. I may be wrong though.

Getting pretty excited. Already pre-loaded and ready to go, just give me access already.

Will anything bad happen if I registered a pre-order key for a collectors edition game and then when the time comes to type in my actual box code I type in a key from a normal edition or do a digital download from origin?

Will anything bad happen if I registered a pre-order key for a collectors edition game and then when the time comes to type in my actual box code I type in a key from a normal edition or do a digital download from origin?

Nope, you'll be fine.

Interesting, one of my CE pre-orders just charged my paypal and is on "processing" instead of sitting on "pre-order" like it had been. I'm thinking it might ship today, in which case I'd have it Monday :D.

Interesting, one of my CE pre-orders just charged my paypal and is on "processing" instead of sitting on "pre-order" like it had been. I'm thinking it might ship today, in which case I'd have it Monday :D.

In the SWTOR forums, some people in europe already have the CE edition, and some people were getting this next week.

Maybe they are shipping it early for the USA as well.

Damn I better call gamestop tomarrow! would be pretty badass to pick mine up before the 20th

Bioware stated they would be shipping them out early so people would have them by the 20th. Read a post from their community guy yesterday stating that.

Good to know. I'm looking forward to it. What level can you start playing at?

You can start PVP'ing at level 10 with your advanced class, but you'll probably want to be 14 so you have the Sprint ability which is 35% out-of-combat movement speed. If you're playing during headstart it wouldn't matter much anyway, just go in right at 10 :D.

Bioware stated they would be shipping them out early so people would have them by the 20th. Read a post from their community guy yesterday stating that.

That's incorrect. They said they were working with retailers to "try" and get them shipped out early. It may or may not happen, because I'm sure retailers have many other things to worry about during the crunch before Christmas.

EA/Bioware screwed up and now they expect their loyal, paying customers to take it in the rear while they keep us in the dark about why they made this decision and attempt to sort things out. It's not even launch day and they're already screwing up ...

Nope, you'll be fine.

I'm going to have to disagree with Max on this one. If you pre-ordered a CE, you will get codes for a speeder and a stone. As I understand it, the speeder code will not be given out prior to launch but the stone code will. Therefore, if you cancel your CE and enter in a regular key then you will likely lose your speeder.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with gamestop here where I live. Informed me that they would not be releasing them early, and you can pick them up at midnight release.

Shitty was hoping to get it earlier then my b-day

Where did you order from?

Forum wipes are going into effect tomorrow and won't be up until 12/13 (surprise, surprise) which is the same day EGA starts. I can't help but feel like they're trying to sweep the no-grace period issue under the rug and hope that the new forums will be filled with people posting about how happy they are to get EGA instead of unresolved issues.

Forum wipes are going into effect tomorrow and won't be up until 12/13 (surprise, surprise) which is the same day EGA starts. I can't help but feel like they're trying to sweep the no-grace period issue under the rug and hope that the new forums will be filled with people posting about how happy they are to get EGA instead of unresolved issues.

Not to mention you will not be able to post on the forums unless you have a validated CD key tied to your forum account :p

They put notice up that they were wiping the forums well before all of this grace period stuff. (which imo has gotten out of hand but the internet is for bitching).

Stephen Reid's latest post:

Hello all. Apologies for this taking a while, but I've updated the original post with more details on Origin.com pre-orders.

I do not have a definitive update yet regarding retailers for the US and Canada, although I have had multiple conversations with sales and marketing today. What I'm being told is that retailers are ready to ship copies of The Old Republic 'in good time' for launch day on December 20th.

I'm going to continue to work with our sales and marketing teams over the weekend, and if we have any more major updates, we'll post them on the new community blog as the Forums will be being

I hope that's true. Unfortunately I ordered from Gamestop, who has a long history of fucking things up.

Stephen Reid's latest post:

I hope that's true. Unfortunately I ordered from Gamestop, who has a long history of fucking things up.

I will say that I had pre-ordered 3 copies of WAR's CE from Gamestop. The box arrived pre-launch by a few days, but had two copies missing! They asked what color tape was on it, so I told them... said they used a different color on this item for tracking it and that it must have been rifled. Without any extra hassle they overnighted me the missing two copies. So, I would be perfectly comfy if I had my pre-order there again.

You guys should really read this article, it touches on a LOT of key things people have been asking about... well worth the read for anyone who will play TOR.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1214438p1.html

It's brand new from tonight, interview with James Ohlen. I don't normally post links to try to get people to read them here, but in this case it really is worth the read so I am doing so :D.

EDIT: For anyone stuck at work or behind a filter, here are the key points:

-They will be releasing major content including full new zones and planets regularly ala Rift, aside from an already-planned paid expansion sometime in the future.

-UI customization is being worked on actively, and will be implemented soon(tm).

-Texture issues are being looked at, they are aware some of them are "messed up a little" and they've fixed it up for launch. Anti-aliasing is coming at or right after launch as an in-game option.

-Legacy system initially is providing your last name but will be expanded to provide new abilities, items/armor/etc., and "a whole bunch of different things that you're able to unlock through the Legacy system." Many of these will be shared throughout your characters, sort of like an alternate advancement system that affects all of your toons instead of just one of them.

-They have a project regarding space combat that will expand it signficantly, but it's not coming right away.

-They have new warzones planned post-launch, as well as open-world pvp zones. They are planning on adding plenty of extra Flashpoints (dungeons) and Operations (raids) over time as well.

-A group finder will eventually be implemented, but only once the game has matured and it makes sense for the playerbase.

-Extra guild functionality is being actively worked on asap.

Last edited:
I will say that I had pre-ordered 3 copies of WAR's CE from Gamestop. The box arrived pre-launch by a few days, but had two copies missing! They asked what color tape was on it, so I told them... said they used a different color on this item for tracking it and that it must have been rifled. Without any extra hassle they overnighted me the missing two copies. So, I would be perfectly comfy if I had my pre-order there again.

You guys should really read this article, it touches on a LOT of key things people have been asking about... well worth the read for anyone who will play TOR.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1214438p1.html

It's brand new from tonight, interview with James Ohlen. I don't normally post links to try to get people to read them here, but in this case it really is worth the read so I am doing so :D.

EDIT: For anyone stuck at work or behind a filter, here are the key points:

-They will be releasing major content including full new zones and planets regularly ala Rift, aside from an already-planned paid expansion sometime in the future.

-UI customization is being worked on actively, and will be implemented soon(tm).

-Texture issues are being looked at, they are aware some of them are "messed up a little" and they've fixed it up for launch. Anti-aliasing is coming at or right after launch as an in-game option.

-Legacy system initially is providing your last name but will be expanded to provide new abilities, items/armor/etc., and "a whole bunch of different things that you're able to unlock through the Legacy system." Many of these will be shared throughout your characters, sort of like an alternate advancement system that affects all of your toons instead of just one of them.

-They have a project regarding space combat that will expand it signficantly, but it's not coming right away.

-They have new warzones planned post-launch, as well as open-world pvp zones. They are planning on adding plenty of extra Flashpoints (dungeons) and Operations (raids) over time as well.

-A group finder will eventually be implemented, but only once the game has matured and it makes sense for the playerbase.

-Extra guild functionality is being actively worked on asap.

Very nice find, thanks for posting bro

Sweet, I pre-ordered on the first day then. Hopefully that means that I'll get in on Tuesday!

Sweet, I pre-ordered on the first day then. Hopefully that means that I'll get in on Tuesday!

Yeah, I'm sure you will.

I hope I get in on the 13th. I preordered on the 21st, but Gamestop dragged ass on getting the emails out with the pre-order code so I couldn't register it until the 22nd.

Yeah, I'm sure you will.

I hope I get in on the 13th. I preordered on the 21st, but Gamestop dragged ass on getting the emails out with the pre-order code so I couldn't register it until the 22nd.

Looks like I redeemed my code on the 22nd as well.

When asked bluntly if preordering on day one would mean getting early access on the 13th, Stephon Reid (Or greg Z, can't quite remember the name) said no.

Which would be awful :/

When asked bluntly if preordering on day one would mean getting early access on the 13th, Stephon Reid (Or greg Z, can't quite remember the name) said no.

They do have to balance the amount of people they let in. I understand that.

It was Reid. I put my codes in 25 minutes after preorders went live.... really hope the heck I am in minute 1!

If preordering on day 1 doesn't allow access on the 13th then what would? :confused:

If preordering on day 1 doesn't allow access on the 13th then what would? :confused:

I think I remember reading that guild leaders who participated in the guild launch event would be granted day one access regardless of when they redeemed their code. I'm not sure if there's any merit to that but it sounds feasible.

It took gamestop an entire day to send out the codes so I didn't get to input mine until the 22nd.

Well we will find out what server the [H] guild is in on Monday!

So that lets everybody else who wants to play Sith or just play alongside [H] people have a notion on which server to join..

I don't know if I should just post in here, or make a new thread (so that everybody sees it and somebody doesn't start their main on another server then later want to join the [H] guild)...Verdict?

Well we will find out what server the [H] guild is in on Monday!

So that lets everybody else who wants to play Sith or just play alongside [H] people have a notion on which server to join..

I don't know if I should just post in here, or make a new thread (so that everybody sees it and somebody doesn't start their main on another server then later want to join the [H] guild)...Verdict?

I think a new thread would be good. Lock this thread after launch.

Title should be something like - "SW:ToR - [H] Guild - <servernane>"

Ordered 1 from amazon launch day. Canceled the pre-order but registered the code. Amazon said they will deactivate all codes tied to canceled pre-orders, however it's still in my orgin/swtor account/ I have been granted early access.

Hopefully it will still works so I can play early release and then buy the physical copy and register the key.

Last edited:
Ordered 1 from amazon launch day. Canceled the pre-order but registered the code. Amazon said they will deactivate all codes tied to canceled pre-orders, however it's still in my orgin/swtor account/ I have been granted early access.

Hopefully it will still works so I can play early release and then buy the physical copy and register the key.

Supposedly per twitter amazon couldn't do so if they wanted, so... wouldn't worry about it.

Preloading as we speak....will take some time :p
And I ordered my copy from Game UK... though, if it's not on time, I'll propably buy a 2nd box in retail, just to start playing on 20th :)

Though Game UK usually ships few days earlier, so I get stuff on release day, even if the parcel is sent from UK to Poland (might be problems with mail, due to the Christmas)

BTW, how big is install folder? ALready got 2GB of some movies, now leeching 11gb file... want to know how much there is to go ;)

Last edited:
Back