Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

Cant wait! On damn vacation at wifes family till the 18th though. BOOOOO

FYI to those who have pre-load:

There have already been a few updates. Download them now before the big rush.

Umm..for those of you "updating"...

Are you just opening the launcher? I downloaded the program about a week ago, and I havent seen any updates at all!

I open launcher and it just asks me to login (which of course gets the no server available message)...but nothing updates...

Am I suppose to open something else? :-/

*Edit* Nevermind...I left it open for a minute or two and the launcher froze/crashed...ended it...restarted the launcher and it started updating.....weird....*/edit*

Umm..for those of you "updating"...

Are you just opening the launcher? I downloaded the program about a week ago, and I havent seen any updates at all!

I open launcher and it just asks me to login (which of course gets the no server available message)...but nothing updates...

Am I suppose to open something else? :-/

*Edit* Nevermind...I left it open for a minute or two and the launcher froze/crashed...ended it...restarted the launcher and it started updating.....weird....*/edit*

You should be able to 'login' though. it just takes you to the main menue after putting in your info, but the play button would be grayed out and says there's no subscription tied to the account.

Got my race, name, professions picked out. Now I just need to wait and see the servers. Hopefully I'll pop in tomorrow morning.

The server the [H] Guild will be playing on is:

"The Fatman" Server lol ;)

So if you want to play on a server where most of the [H] will be playing...make sure you join that server! :)

FYI for anyone who may have pre-ordered the CE from Sears (I did for my personal copy), I just called in and asked when it was scheduled to ship and was told the 16th... I unfortunately only paid for 2-day air shipping instead of overnight, so unless it ships a day early I won't have it until the 20th =(, but I'm heartened to know it won't be any further along than that. They eta'd it as the 20th for arrival to me. I'm just glad they aren't saying they're holding it until the 20th to even ship =D.

Just to note also, I've seen other people posting they were told by gamestop that their local stores may have them on or around the 15th, so if you have a local pre-order it would make sense to try calling then to see if it arrived.

Anyone having trouble pre-ordring. I was trying to both via the origin client which i have installed for BF3, and the origin website. I get "Authorization failed" in both places when I try to purchase (I tried 2 different cards, both of which are at 0 balance, so its not a problem on my end).

Maybe they're being slammed, dunno, kind of annoying though.

When do we find out what day we get to play on, im so anxious to find out since I start days off tommorow lol

I didn't see this mentioned in the last couple pages - you don't have to be one of the early access people in order to be able to preload the game. I was able to download/install the client last night without an early access code.

Hoping the install is like WoW where you can just drag the install to a flash drive for easy use on another computer...gonna give it a try tonight.

I'm likely going to be home sick again tomorrow, and hoping that I get access at some point in time

It's a bittersweet "hey I get to stay home and play TOR... with pneumonia." Wheeeee

with the big IF I even get activated.

Last edited:
FYI for anyone who may have pre-ordered the CE from Sears (I did for my personal copy), I just called in and asked when it was scheduled to ship and was told the 16th... I unfortunately only paid for 2-day air shipping instead of overnight, so unless it ships a day early I won't have it until the 20th =(, but I'm heartened to know it won't be any further along than that. They eta'd it as the 20th for arrival to me. I'm just glad they aren't saying they're holding it until the 20th to even ship =D.

Just to note also, I've seen other people posting they were told by gamestop that their local stores may have them on or around the 15th, so if you have a local pre-order it would make sense to try calling then to see if it arrived.

I ordered mine through amazon. I got next day shipping and it still doesn't show to arrive until dec 22nd. If they don't fix this I will not be able to play for 2 days.

I ordered mine through amazon. I got next day shipping and it still doesn't show to arrive until dec 22nd. If they don't fix this I will not be able to play for 2 days.

The shipping info on amazon is never right. I just ordered some stuff that's not even supposed to ship till friday but it shipped last week. I find it's a common pattern with them.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info re: Gamestop! Hopefully it proves true.

Gonna be checking my email pretty regularly at work tomorrow, lol. I have to work Wednesday too but at least I have Thursday and Friday off.

Same here, mine DID say it was the 29th-Jan 2nd (had free suepr saver).

However once I talked to CS trying to get it switched to Release date (since it was up only AFTer i placed my order and I didn't have an option at the time) they moved me to one-day shiping with no charge.

STill, really hope they ship it early lilke EA says they are trying to let retailers do, but I doubt it. To me it seems like a very underhanded way to get gamers to buy from Origin/digitally vs physical stores.

The server the [H] Guild will be playing on is:

"The Fatman" Server lol ;)

So if you want to play on a server where most of the [H] will be playing...make sure you join that server! :)

I joined some random guild while playing the last beta test and I was also assigned to "Fatman" so I'll probably just drop that guild and join [H] first chance I get.

Bioware, is it time yet? Stop tweeting...

takemymoney.jpg

so.. has anyone received an early access email yet? I guess 12am EST would technically be "day of" so maybe we will see those first emails in about 2 hours.

We should end every post, in every ToR thread with

"You get your early access notification that day you are excepted into early access"

so.. has anyone received an early access email yet? I guess 12am EST would technically be "day of" so maybe we will see those first emails in about 2 hours.

I would also recommend to leave your launcher open and when your PLAY button is selecteable than your time has come :), man I am so excited for this game!

Also they said the emails would start going out at 7am (EST I think)

so theoretically i could get one at 5am since im in a cst?

I would also recommend to leave your launcher open and when your PLAY button is selecteable than your time has come :), man I am so excited for this game!

Im not sure, but I doubt it will let you play without restarting the launcher if you leave it open

Was it possible to do that with the beta?

Not possible. You will have to close/login to the launcher to refresh it.

Back