Official [H] Star Wars:The Old Republic Thread

Yeah I have been in since 10:30...Left for work at 12....and now I am locked out at work because I never did the security questions....

It wants me to answer "What is your favorite activity?" I never answered this question lol

Yeah I have been in since 10:30...Left for work at 12....and now I am locked out at work because I never did the security questions....

It wants me to answer "What is your favorite activity?" I never answered this question lol

Did you answer any of the questions?

Don't think so lol..But I might have...

Kinda my fault I guess...but why the hell would they just put up a random question?

I have to say that they have greatly improved the game since my first beta weekend. I'm impressed.

I answer every question ever with the same answer...I've seen some other people are saying the same thing...

I tried this on swtor.com, it didn't allow me to use the same answer twice. Especially frustrating since my childhood friend and best friend are the same person.

hmm...weird...guess I could have answered it, and forgotten the answer...

but you would think you would have an opportunity to answer more then just 1 of the question and it would rotate to a different question..

I tried logging in from the launcher, the web, my phone's internet, and still got the same question everytime...

Oh well..hopefully CS answers soon. I am on hold with them for about 30 minutes now

You have an AMD card, so you can force AA in the CCC. Earlier in the beta this bugged out some of the effects, but as of the last beta it worked/looked perfectly fine for me.

I'll test it out when I get into early access, but it was bugging out for me during the thanksgiving beta.

It seems like you can't friend people or send tells right away. I can't find 4Saken or Nasty's characters on the server. Maybe that's a level 10 thing.

EDIT: Maybe now. I was able to friend Bowhuntr but still can't find Pimm or Nasty.

Last edited:
Reading the forums and it looks like there are quite a few people pretty high lvl from pvp warzones.

Lvl 40 day one? Nice.

the amount of flames around the net is comical. They have stated they were staggering out the early access since the start but I guess that doesn't prevent people from going ape shit that they were not in day 1. Looks like things are going smoothing though which is nice. Looking forward to playing.

the amount of flames around the net is comical. They have stated they were staggering out the early access since the start but I guess that doesn't prevent people from going ape shit that they were not in day 1. Looks like things are going smoothing though which is nice. Looking forward to playing.

Bioware and EA should have known better though.

I can't play till the weekend anyway, but they really should have thought it through a little more.

Bioware and EA should have known better though.

I can't play till the weekend anyway, but they really should have thought it through a little more.

known better than what? They want to stagger the load and it seems to be working. People are just bitchy because they have to wait a day or two. I have no problem with it as the did exactly what they said they would do.

It seems like you can't friend people or send tells right away. I can't find 4Saken or Nasty's characters on the server. Maybe that's a level 10 thing.

EDIT: Maybe now. I was able to friend Bowhuntr but still can't find Pimm or Nasty.

I think the person has to be logged in...supposedly I can't send guild invites unless that person is logged in....so it might be the same...

hmm...weird...guess I could have answered it, and forgotten the answer...

but you would think you would have an opportunity to answer more then just 1 of the question and it would rotate to a different question..

I tried logging in from the launcher, the web, my phone's internet, and still got the same question everytime...

Oh well..hopefully CS answers soon. I am on hold with them for about 30 minutes now

I was in a similar situation, forgot the answer and my account got locked. The questions are the type that could have multiple answer, I forgot what my favorite brand and model of car was and they also count as the answer the space between both. Spend 30 mins on hold had to go to work, then another 30 and then decided to search the web. Solution is go to website, click on forgot password and they will send an email to change your account password, once you do that your account will be reactivated but you will be forced to answer the question again. Had to change password back and forth a few times before I finally nailed the question. At least this way it gives you a few more chances to try to get it right.

Thanks. I'll sign up once I have access. I'm one of the fools who pre-ordered a while back, but never registered the code until later on lol.

I only preordered last month myself. I never followed the details about the early access that closely and now I wish I did. A few friends of mine are already playing and I'm just stuck here hoping for an email sometime this week... sigh.

The numbers of QQ post on forums, regarding early access, is... impressive at most. After the cesspool that was WoW official forums, I never thought I'd see so many morons crying "WTF, GIEF, NOES, NOES".

I will be mad, when I don't get to play on 20th :) I waited 2 years, I can wait a week (if I don't get early access).

Besides, people are considering not yet being allowed to play, like a thrild world war, or tsunami. What the world came to...

And regarding AA: Here is the solution, how to enable it, as the nvidia/amd drivers console might not force them:

C:\Users\Username(your PC's name)\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\client_settings and then put these 2 lines in.

AntiAliasingLevel = 8
DebugAdvEnviroLighting = true

Man, I absolutely suck at the Warzones. I mean, I'm REALLY bad. There's just too many people together, too many abilities and too much running around.

my guess is this will be like every other mmo that does early access on preorders, expect the email with in two days.

What email?

That your aaccount has been activated and you can start your early access. According to what I can gather from those very few informational posts on forums, so far got people who entered their code till like 27th July. Tomorrow should be July-August preorder codes, entering game. But we will see.

EDIT: Some people do claim, that they got into game without the email, or getting email 12 hours later since when they could log in. So, it's sometimes worth to keep launching launcher and see if you can play.

And generally, QQ-ing that the guys who preordered first, got into game first, is like coming to supermarket, and yelling to people that their goods were cashed earlier, because they came earlier to the cashier desk :)

Last edited:
So far I have to say, I am really enjoying how much time they put into the storylines/characters.

I'm actually taking the time to listen/read qeusts and get involved in all the various storylines they have. I usually just skip skip skip all that in most mmo's.

Gameplay wise though, it's an mmo, the combat just doesn't "feel" right to me. There's too much standing around. Playing as a jedi it just seems strange to have your feelt planted and just swinging yoru saber about.

Hopefully when I get the higher up acrobatic form it'll be better, I already specced to sentinel.

So far I'm enjoying it.

Also have to say, the T7 seems like a good companion, as far as writing/personaility goes. Its like the opposite of HK from KOTOR but still with his gung-ho style.

Also I have some questions, for those that pre ordered the CE an dgot the color crystal, how do you use it mor ethen once or what?

I saw a guy who had dual lightsabers an dhe had both of them with the black/yellow color of that.

Also can someone throw me an invit eplease? In game name is Stiler.

So far I have to say, I am really enjoying how much time they put into the storylines/characters.

So far I'm enjoying it.

I am loving the game too...its going to be a loonnngg next couple of days...I am trying to do almost every quest..lol...and I am level 13...I'm going to be playing this game too much I am afraid :p

Btw, tried to invite you but it said you aren't online...Hopefully some more officers get in tomorrow so that way we can have more people inviting...

i've played guild wars which was great, WOW which was boring, and recently rift which was boring too.

Does this MMO have a compelling storyline? variety in game world and less repetetive quests where you have to go to point A and kill x amount of enemies to complete a quest, collect reward and accept a new quest going to Point B and rinse and repeat?

Also I have some questions, for those that pre ordered the CE an dgot the color crystal, how do you use it mor ethen once or what?

I saw a guy who had dual lightsabers an dhe had both of them with the black/yellow color of that.

You can use any modification more than once, ctrl+right clicking on the item and then dragging it out from it's slot to your bag removes it, you don't have to put something over it and destroy. If you remove it though it costs money, not a whole lot though.

FYI, I'm using the 295.18 beta Nvidia drivers and FXAA works perfectly with SWTOR.

Does it affect the UI negatively? That's awesome, going to have to swap over to those drivers and try shortly!

EDIT: Looks great, thanks a lot for the heads-up!!

Last edited:
EDIT: Some people do claim, that they got into game without the email, or getting email 12 hours later since when they could log in. So, it's sometimes worth to keep launching launcher and see if you can play.

Well yeah, the email doesn't activate the game for you. You can either check your 'preorder' status in the User CP at the main site, or start the launcher and it will tell you there.

Btw, I didn't know this until now, but you can order the authenticator for $5 on Origin. It also grants you access to a new vendor in the game. Not sure if this will be the same vendor that comes with the CE though

Last edited:
Well yeah, the email doesn't activate the game for you. You can either check your 'preorder' status in the User CP at the main site, or start the launcher and it will tell you there.

Btw, I didn't know this until now, but you can order the authenticator for $5 on Origin. It also grants you access to a new vendor in the game. Not sure if this will be the same vendor that comes with the CE though

They're different vendors.

Got my Sith Juggernaut to level 12. Ran Huttball and Black Talon with one friend. Really learning about the story line, social points, companion points, dark side points, commendations, checking out the various vendors. Learning about the modding system.

So far really fun!. Even though I was in beta for many months I never played that much as I didn't want to spoil things. I've been playing MMO's since the mid 90's and there haven't been many that kept me interested. And this is the first one since WoW that I can see myself sticking with.

Now i'm regretting that I cancelled the collectors edition pre-order :(
But my wife wanted to play as well and I had to buy two copies so I cancelled the collectors to do so.

I wonder what the etiquette is for rolling on gear not for yourself but for your companion? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back