Official Crysis 2 Thread

It's hard for that to happen, because the double standards are in full effect with "It's just a string, get over it" or "as long as the game is fun, I don't care", when those same people, criticized other games with a similar problem, with the exact same arguments that they are opposing to now...

I agree. It should be one standard for all. If people are prepared to let it slide because it is Valve and not a fuck-you-PC-gamers developer then that is one thing, but they shouldn't be making excuses, denying its existence and acting irrational in an attempt to defend what is clearly a mistake.

I agree. It should be one standard for all. If people are prepared to let it slide because it is Valve and not a fuck-you-PC-gamers developer then that is one thing, but they shouldn't be making excuses, denying its existence and acting irrational in an attempt to defend what is clearly a mistake.

Exactly, but there's no fighting it. It doesn't matter what they do, they'll get praise for whatever...

And Valve is also doing the usual "delete posts/threads" for things they don't "like", especially in the FoV thread:

About the console message:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1847813

About FoV:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1847656

"They care" :rolleyes:

Exactly, but there's no fighting it. It doesn't matter what they do, they'll get praise for whatever...

And Valve is also doing the usual "delete posts/threads" for things they don't "like", especially in the FoV thread:

About the console message:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1847813

About FoV:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1847656

"They care" :rolleyes:

LOL, happens all the time. I love how Valve gets such an easy free pass from so many people. It's ok for them to cruise control on a 2004 game engine and still charge full current day MSRPS of at least $50 and....ooooh... a whole whopping $5 off if you preorder!... and when the rabble dares to make a little noise execute the draconian censorship tactics like above.

It's ok for so many games on Steam to sit stubbornly at full MSRP for months and months save the occasional seasonal sales while retial and digital competitors like D2D are kicking their ASSES on competitive pricing in a timely manner. ( I say this as someone who uses Steam a bit myself and prefer it, for the record.)

Some of these Valve and Steam apologists are almost as bad as Church of Jobs Apple disciples.

Oh yeah, I'm bringing it. I went there. ;)

I like Valve, but let's get real about some things here, ok people?

I care more about playing Crysis 2 then playing Portal 2. Oh yeah, I so went there. I won't pay more than $25 for Portal 2. I have no regrets buying Crysis 2 on day one at full price. Oh snap!

*puts flame suit on* ;)

*applause* Exactly right.

Last edited:
This game seems like a whole lot of shiny bullshit and enough depth to sate a 12 year old.

Q3 please.

Well, consoles are basically like PCs, therefore PCs are like consoles. Valve knows what they're doing and the PC is definitely their No.1 even though the PS3 players get two copies of Portal 2. They care!

:D

LOL, you called it Plague_Injected :)

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037137944&postcount=54

if you're refering to the "please don't turn off your console" who really gives a fuck about one word. Technically a PC is a "Console".

Hilarious!

OMG, this game just keeps getting better & better... WOW... This is My favorite game right beside The Halo Series...

OMG, this game just keeps getting better & better... WOW... This is My favorite game right beside The Halo Series...

images

Anyone still playing crysis 2 ? multiplayer is pretty dead now. Does that beat the APB shortness record ?:D

Just a thought that crossed my mind "Crysis 2 is the best Console game I played on my PC" :(

What's the deal with everyone and Crysis 2... I haven't read the whole posting, but I'm thinking I should...

What's the deal with everyone and Crysis 2... I haven't read the whole posting, but I'm thinking I should...

Basically there are two schools of thought here:

1) Crysis 2 is a good game that is tighter and more structured than the original while retaining the original's best gameplay aspect in being free to approach situations in different ways.

2) Crysis 2 is more static (less/no destructible objects), more linear and more scripted than the original due to the focus on making the game more workable on consoles as well as appealing to the console crowd more and isn't as good as Crysis and Warhead.

3rd school of thought :

-the game is deeply linear, dont have any anti-cheat in multiplayer. the game is likely running on console config file, since many visual feature are hindered, for exemple, the draw distance is about 20 feet, so its not unusual to have a chair or a wall pop up out of nowhere in front of you: most pitifull exemple : Im in the church map, i see a guy standing on a catwalk at the other end of the map, take my sniper and zoom in, surprise!!!!, hes behind a wall.

I loved my first two hours with this - but then, inexplicably, there were aliens everywhere, and suddenly I felt like I was playing Halo 2 or something.

I went for a ride on my bike the other day and was trying to think which titles I had recently bought, and which ones I had been neglecting. I had an uneasy feeling because I felt there was a title I'd paid good money for, but had forgotten about. It was Crysis 2, and I only remembered it when I saw the launch icon on my desktop.

This game has a confusing narrative that just doesn't draw me in, and sorry, but DX11 isn't going to fix that.

There's a fourth school of thought: people are over thinking this game, and it doesn't deserve it.

3rd school of thought :

-the game is deeply linear, dont have any anti-cheat in multiplayer. the game is likely running on console config file, since many visual feature are hindered, for exemple, the draw distance is about 20 feet, so its not unusual to have a chair or a wall pop up out of nowhere in front of you: most pitifull exemple : Im in the church map, i see a guy standing on a catwalk at the other end of the map, take my sniper and zoom in, surprise!!!!, hes behind a wall.

That sort of shit happened all the time in the first Crysis. Seeing people you weren't supposed to see because what there hidden behind hasn't popped into viewing range yet. It also happened in COD4 and CODWAW (you'd spot a person at a distance, zoom in with the sniper rifle and realise they were actually hiding behind a bush), I haven't played more than a few minutes of MW2 or BLOPS to know if they have similar issues.

For MP I dont think the graphics settings for Crysis2 are bad. MP games need to run smoothly and that was a problem with the first 2 Crysis games, too demanding in MP to be consistently.

Regarding the "deeply linear", if you mean one event occurs after the next in a set sequence... that's basically what Crysis 1 was anyway, there was very little opportunity to change the type or sequence of events in Crysis 1, even less in Warhead.

I guess I'm one of the people who believe Crytek did much of what they did as a design choice rather than simply "what consoles can handle" like most people say. There are several large open areas in Crysis 2, so the choice to include more closed off sections seems like a design choice, otherwise they would have just made the whole game the size of the larger areas. If you've played through the SP, the last level in particular has a few more open areas in which you fight, and through the whole campaign there's sections which open up for a larger scale battle.

A lot of invisible walls around Crysis 2. Once I tried to walk in the direction Iäm no supposed to walk and Bam, invisible wall :)

If I can be invisible in Crysis 2 why not walls could be invisible too ? :)

Anyone still playing crysis 2 ? multiplayer is pretty dead now. Does that beat the APB shortness record ?:D

Just a thought that crossed my mind "Crysis 2 is the best Console game I played on my PC" :(

I was done with the game after the third day of release, haven't played it since.
Most people have already moved on. Still playing BC2 and it's been over a year now.

Its quite interesting watching the sales figures on consoles, majority of buying for a given a release occurs in the first two weeks and then quickly tapers off.

PS3 US sales for Crysis 2 start at 120,000 for week 1, drop to 37,000 for week 2 and then 16,000 for week 3.

360 US sales start at 238,000, drop to 88,000 for week 2 and then 47,000 for week 3.

It will be quite ironic if global platform sales for Crysis 2 fall short of Crysis 1.

Just beat the single player game, I loved it. Looked great, ran great, played great. I dont get the hate.

I'm on my second game in Crysis 2. After I'm done it will get uninstalled.

Not really interested in MP and I'm not gonna play again when (if) the DX11 patch comes out.

Looking forward to playing Fallout: New Vega which should have more playtime.

Steam stats show a peak today of 1,066. Although that might not all be multiplayer. Could be more if you include non-steam, but still, pretty small.

there were so many deals on launch for the non-steam versions I wouldn't be surprised if most people avoided steam on Crysis 2. Unless they like wasting money.

Just beat the single player game, I loved it. Looked great, ran great, played great. I dont get the hate.

The gameplay is virtually identical between Crysis and Crysis 2 - within reason, not one thing was added, not one was taken away.

People hate this game because it looks good and runs great, when what they really wanted was a game that looks spectacular and is practically unplayable on everyone's system at max settings.

Some people were looking for an expensive benchmark utility, and didn't get it.

Did anyone really buy the game expecting a deep MP game with longevity?

One would expect it to last longer than 4 weeks, why go to all the trouble and expense otherwise?

I think Crytek have simply overestimated how their MP would be received. Having played it for a couple of hours I just don't think that shoehorning the nano-suit game mechanics into a CoD style run and gun death arena is a fun formula.

Have hit the 4 week milestone and Crysis 2 has sold a mere 1.1 million copies globally. By contrast, and yes it is a very extreme contrast, MW2 sold over 8 million copies by the end of its first week. By way of less extreme contrast, MoH sold 1.3 million copies in its first week.

Have hit the 4 week milestone and Crysis 2 has sold a mere 1.1 million copies globally. By contrast, and yes it is a very extreme contrast, MW2 sold over 8 million copies by the end of its first week. By way of less extreme contrast, MoH sold 1.3 million copies in its first week.

Did EA release the sales numbers of the game?

Crysis 2 has sold 692,037 on the Xbox 360 and 452,503 on the PS3. That's 1,144,540 copies on consoles.

If we take the reports of percentages seriously, it was reported that the 360 accounts for 57% of Crysis 2's sales, with the PS3 taking 29% and the PC only 14%. If 1,144,540 is 86% of sales, than PC sales are only 186,320 copies!

The most direct comparison/competition is Homefront which has been out for 5 weeks to Crysis 2's 2 weeks. Homefront has sold 1,046,013 on the Xbox 360 and 489,632 on the PS3. In one more week of release, Homefront has sold almost half a million more copies than Crysis 2 on consoles!

Uhm, that website means nothing. Look at Crysis and Crysis Warhead numbers. In reality they sold 3 and 1,5 million copies. Yet vgchartz says 0.76m for Crysis and 0m for Warhead.

And indeed, if you look what vgchartz does, then it is nothing else than collection of estimates, corrected when the real numbers go out.

Uhm, that website means nothing. Look at Crysis and Crysis Warhead numbers. In reality they sold 3 and 1,5 million copies. Yet vgchartz says 0.76m for Crysis and 0m for Warhead.

And indeed, if you look what vgchartz does, then it is nothing else than collection of estimates, corrected when the real numbers go out.

I think VGchartz is reportedly accurate in terms of tracking console numbers. PC numbers they could care less about and they usually stop updating quickly.

How can you call their numbers "reportedly accurate" when whole european numbers are just estimates.

Edit: until the real numbers come in and they adjust their numbers according to that.

VGChartz is just estimates, but there usually right within +=5%, which is ok for looking at selling trends.

Back