Official Crysis 2 Thread

lmfao! dlc for their console game on PC. Wow thanks! Anyone still wonder why they didn't release a sdk, lol? Crytek can officially fuck off and die! done with them, can't say I didn't see it coming though really.

No way am I paying for a lousy DLC that has 4 new maps, thats it? Oh yeah, they need to fix those stupid bugs first, I can't even sign in most of the time. $10 for a map pack sounds expensive to me, hell I wouldn't even pay $1 at all.

I've got past the fact the game is a step back graphically from the original.

Enjoying the SP game, roughly about half way through.

A very entertaining blast, alien fights are a big improvement on the former, cloaking is way too OP though.

That is all.

I've got past the fact the game is a step back graphically from the original.

Enjoying the SP game, roughly about half way through.

A very entertaining blast, alien fights are a big improvement on the former, cloaking is way too OP though.

That is all.

Ever heard of "judging a book by its cover" ?

Yeah, it works wonders for the phenomenon that is criticizing Crysis games.

"I double dare you" ? ...How old are you ? :rolleyes:

And yes they did give a "SH1T", 4 years ago with Crysis and they got so much flak for it (even though it was the last true PC game since a long time), that they had to start making their games to consoles too and they got flak again. But this time, with ridiculous arguments such as "OMG!!1! Crysis 2 sux0r because it doesn't use DX11"

But I don't expect that you understand how ridiculous it is to slant a game (an entertainment product) based on the graphics API it uses...

I DID SAY Crytek dissing is not just due to a missing render path. Ah I see so your saying before Crysis 2 Crytek gave a sh#t about PC gamers? Which would mean they do not now then?...

P.S. I'm still occasionally playing Crysis 1 and Warhead - I love them, and I think - by the fact that nothing that tries to look as good performs any better - that aside from stuffing everything onto 2.5 cpu cores is rather well optimised.

I said "I double dare you" because between launching Crysis 2 and the #OFFICIAL# announcement of the Editor and SDK release (as seen during crymod.com's downtime before relaunch) there is absolutely no way whatsoever they could have been seen as giving a toss about us. None. What I wrote was an open challenge to you to proove otherwise. I would dearly love to see you argue how remaining absolutely silent when they're home fans are wailing and shrieking is any kind of a vote of confidence.

Ever heard of "judging a book by its cover" ?

Yeah, it works wonders for the phenomenon that is criticizing Crysis games.

:/ so instead you'll judge someone else as a serial Crytek disser?

P.S. something funky goin on with this thread? before I logged in it said there were 92 pages? now logged-in just 89? ermmmm

Last edited:
I DID SAY Crytek dissing is not just due to a missing render path. Ah I see so your saying before Crysis 2 Crytek gave a sh#t about PC gamers? Which would mean they do not now then?...

P.S. I'm still occasionally playing Crysis 1 and Warhead - I love them, and I think - by the fact that nothing that tries to look as good performs any better - that aside from stuffing everything onto 2.5 cpu cores is rather well optimised.

I said "I double dare you" because between launching Crysis 2 and the #OFFICIAL# announcement of the Editor and SDK release (as seen during crymod.com's downtime before relaunch) there is absolutely no way whatsoever they could have been seen as giving a toss about us. None. What I wrote was an open challenge to you to proove otherwise. I would dearly love to see you argue how remaining absolutely silent when they're home fans are wailing and shrieking is any kind of a vote of confidence.

No, I don't mean they do give a sh1t now. I clearly meant that they did with Crysis 1 and they still got the boot and huge criticism, because "Crysis 1 was just a tech-demo" and "it's all about graphics that no one can run". They changed that with Crysis 2 and it's criticism in reverse, because they "only care about consoles" and "where is my DX11 support ?", without even looking at what changed for the better from Crysis 1 to Crysis 2.

Crytek and their games just seem to be cool to hate, no matter what they do. They are even criticized for something they never promised.

You certainly won't hear me say that Crysis 2 is the best thing for the PC, because it's not. It clearly has some influences from consoles and that is bad, just like any other game with "consolitis", but complaining about Crytek games reached a level that makes no sense. It is quite fun to play though and the graphics are the best I've seen in any cross-platform title. I lost nothing by not having DX11 support. Nor will I gain anything, when that support arrives.

As for your "challenge", they still give some "sh1t" about PC Gamers, since they could've easily made Crysis 2 console exclusive, but didn't. On the other hand, I'm still waiting to see the promise Crytek made about DX11...

Action_Parsnip said:
:/ so instead you'll judge someone else as a serial Crytek disser?

P.S. something funky goin on with this thread? before I logged in it said there were 92 pages? now logged-in just 89? ermmmm

No. I meant it as a general criticism to what happened in this thread, where Crysis 2 was being dissed left and right, because it didn't support DX11, without even trying the game. That's the stereotypical "judging a book by it's cover".
The post above mine even illustrates that there's still some refuse to buy the game just because "it doesn't have DX11" as if supporting DX11 makes any game better.

^^
Is it ok for me to hate Crytek when I can't even log in to play the fucking game, thatI paid full price for, for 3 weeks? Is that cool with you? They don't answer my emails or acknowledge the problem in their forums. Yet they want us to buy 10 dollar dlc when some people can't even play the fucking game. Plus they are fracturing an already small MP community with paid maps? Are you fucking serious? Can I hate them now?

I agree with you as far as the general hate is concerned. It's mainly cheap ass people who want something for nothing and refuse to pay full price (some people any price) for any game. A good excuse to steal games etc. My problem however, is real and I have a right to bitch. I gave them my money and now I get no support. I get, "hey wanna buy some cool maps?"

^^
Is it ok for me to hate Crytek when I can't even log in to play the fucking game, thatI paid full price for, for 3 weeks? Is that cool with you? They don't answer my emails or acknowledge the problem in their forums. Yet they want us to buy 10 dollar dlc when some people can't even play the fucking game. Plus they are fracturing an already small MP community with paid maps? Are you fucking serious? Can I hate them now?

I agree with you as far as the general hate is concerned. It's mainly cheap ass people who want something for nothing and refuse to pay full price (some people any price) for any game. A good excuse to steal games etc. My problem however, is real and I have a right to bitch. I gave them my money and now I get no support. I get, "hey wanna buy some cool maps?"

But of course. That's a real problem and if they're not fixing it, then clearly something is wrong and the burden is on Crytek. You never read any post of mine where I excused Crytek (or any other developer) for not fixing real problems, which is why I don't get why you were being so aggressive in the first paragraph, as if I did just that.

But of course. That's a real problem and if they're not fixing it, then clearly something is wrong and the burden is on Crytek. You never read any post of mine where I excused Crytek (or any other developer) for not fixing real problems, which is why I don't get why you were being so aggressive in the first paragraph, as if I did just that.

I didn't mean to be so aggressive at you per say, sorry for that. :)

I'm just really pissed off at them right now. I can't believe I can't log in to my account in the game yet at mycrysis.com it's fine. I've tried everything, including trying to make a new account with a new email address and still no good. Never have I ever been in a situation where I can't play a game I paid for because I can't login? It just tells me invalid login info. When it worked fine until 3 weeks ago. wtf.

When is the DX11 update coming out? Holding off to buy it for that....

People need to get past this. If that ever even happens, it's not like the DX11 changes are going to make this game somehow night and day different.

^^

Just out of interest what fixes have you tried to get it working? a reinstall of the game would be my first port of call.

People need to get past this. If that ever even happens, it's not like the DX11 changes are going to make this game somehow night and day different.

Im waiting till DX11 comes out and the new sandbox editor with it. Then I'll gladly get down and metaphorically suck crytek's big black rubber jobby. Until then a frankly NAFF multiplayer and acres of handholding in single player are not enough to make me part with 30 quid.

Yeah, as I was trying to say earlier graphically it's a step backwards but I'm enjoying C2 immensly despite it.

DX11 wouldn't change my opinion on the game, firstly I have a DX10 card ;) and secondly it would be incredibly shallow.

Just out of interest what fixes have you tried to get it working? a reinstall of the game would be my first port of call.

Im waiting till DX11 comes out and the new sandbox editor with it. The I'll gladly get down and metaphorically suck crytek's big black rubber jobby. Until then a frankly NAFF multiplayer and acres of handholding in single player are not enough to make me part with 30 quid.

First off I did reinstall even though I knew it wouldn't do anything. Why would a re install change how I'm able to log in to the game? It's a login issue as far as using my login and password. Their server keeps telling me invalid info. How does a reinstall change any of that? Even though I tried it for shits and giggles.

First off I did reinstall even though I knew it wouldn't do anything. Why would a re install change how I'm able to log in to the game? It's a login issue as far as using my login and password. Their server keeps telling me invalid info. How does a reinstall change any of that? Even though I tried it for shits and giggles.

Because theres much more to this online multiplayer song-and-dance these days. You have your software reporting its i.d. to the server, taken from the drm package, reported back, some checking some client/server handshakes and badaboom you get a yes/no to your login request.
My first thought was that your install was not being deemed valid by dint of failed logins. (DRM/account f'ckup in there somewhere.)

....maybe a no in this case then.

Because theres much more to this online multiplayer song-and-dance these days. You have your software reporting its i.d. to the server, taken from the drm package, reported back, some checking some client/server handshakes and badaboom you get a yes/no to your login request.
My first thought was that your install was not being deemed valid by dint of failed logins. (DRM/account f'ckup in there somewhere.)

....maybe a no in this case then.

Fair points but let's face it: The thing is needlessly complicated and FUBAR'd for a lot of people where and when it didn't need to be and that puts the onus squarely on Crytek's shoulders.

Fair points but let's face it: The thing is needlessly complicated and FUBAR'd for a lot of people where and when it didn't need to be and that puts the onus squarely on Crytek's shoulders.

Agreed. Whats more Crysis: Wars had perfectly good netcode but for some reason that all had to be junked and remade a new :rolleyes:

Agreed. Whats more Crysis: Wars had perfectly good netcode but for some reason that all had to be junked and remade a new :rolleyes:

I never played that but I'll take your word for it. Comes under the heading of: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I never played that but I'll take your word for it. Comes under the heading of: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Oh I dont know it intimately, just played it a few times cos "Its crysis online ZOMG" :)

Do know that it didnt have nearly as many issues as the old heap they replaced it with

^This right here is exactly the point. Crytek has fucked up beyond the word and yet all I hear are crickets over at their forums from them. Oh that and buy our new dlc for 10 bucks.:mad:

I don't know why people say Crysis 2 looks terrible & is boring: I so far have found it to be a standard FPS storyline (a couple of hours in), but with the nanosuit providing fun gadgets to play with while fighting. Graphics are actually quite good, IMO: http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8184/goldentigercrysis2.jpg

The graphics are good dude. Don't listen to haters. My only problem is I can no longer (3 weeks and counting now) login to play MP. All my info does't work anymore. Alot of people on theor forums are having the same trouble and crytek doesn't say a word. They aren't helping at all.

Crysis 2 would have been a much more interesting game if they had a fully rendered city like GTA IV and you had to carry out missions for variations resistance factions and go all over the city, etc.

Then again there would have to be some way to get around without having to have a firefight every 5 blocks or it would end up to be Far Cry 2 again. uggh.

I don't know why people say Crysis 2 looks terrible & is boring: I so far have found it to be a standard FPS storyline (a couple of hours in), but with the nanosuit providing fun gadgets to play with while fighting. Graphics are actually quite good, IMO: http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8184/goldentigercrysis2.jpg

The graphics are fine, agreed. Actually, in some scenes, they're quite amazing. It's the gameplay that sucks ass. I cannot believe how atrocious the A.I. is in this game. Also, just curious, but is that pic from your setup? Are you getting around 50 fps in that scene?

Last edited:
The graphics are fine, agreed. Actually, in some scenes, they're quite amazing. It's the gameplay that sucks ass. I cannot believe how atrocious the A.I. is in this game. Also, just curious, but is that pic from your setup? Are you getting around 50 fps in that scene?

Yes, it is from my setup.

I'm interested, what about the AI did you feel was so terrible? Personally I thought the AI was fine.

I'm interested, what about the AI did you feel was so terrible? Personally I thought the AI was fine.

Enemy characters would be stuck and run in place. Sometimes, when I snipe an enemy character, the character next to it doesn't even move, stuff like that.

Enemy characters would be stuck and run in place. Sometimes, when I snipe an enemy character, the character next to it doesn't even move, stuff like that.

Wierd, I don't remember any time the AI would be stuck in place running. When it came to sniping, if the gun wasn't silenced everyone would hear, if if was silenced then you could take someone down and the other AI wouldn't immediately notice, but they weren't oblivious either, they'd go over and investigate the body then be in alert mode from then on. I remember once in a level vs CELL there was a time that I took out some guys and no one really noticed. But it was only the once, and the aliens were generally quite aware. What difficulty did you play on? Coz I didn't really notice the problems you're talking about.

Tudz, I have seen several people mention what he did about goofy and poor AI. in fact I know it was mentioned in the G4TV, Gamespot, and Gametrailers reviews too.

Last edited:
Tudz, I have seen several people mention what he did about goofy and poor AI. in fact I know it was mentioned in the G4TV, Gamespot, and Gametrailers reviews too.

Its certainly not brilliant AI, but I think its pretty acceptable for the most part. But then like I said I haven't seen problems like AI running in place or AI being oblivious of their surrounding. Whether it was mentioned by other people or in reviews I dunno, this is just my experience from playing the game through on hard mode.

Its certainly not brilliant AI, but I think its pretty acceptable for the most part. But then like I said I haven't seen problems like AI running in place or AI being oblivious of their surrounding. Whether it was mentioned by other people or in reviews I dunno, this is just my experience from playing the game through on hard mode.

AI was fine, it was doing dumb things some times but it was quite tough and entertaining otherwise on the highest difficulty level.

- Spoiler ahead-
To kill last 4 invisible guys I hid in a container and killed them from it. These invisible guys could not reach me in a countainer for some reason. I just could not survive that level otherwise.

So I was able to pick up this for $12 from a HotDeal thread. And I cannot for the life of me tell where the huge bitchfest about Crysis 2 is coming from. The game is gorgeous.

As for the AI, I have also had the AI be buggy in places where it appears they are trying to run from cover to attack, but are stuck and running in place. I've even had their backs turned to me and they run away from me in some places which seemed an odd behavior (they didn't then come back to attack me.)

TBH I feel the singleplayer is a HUGE improvement over the first Crysis. I found myself very drawn into the singleplayer, playing for something like 5 hours straight even. Can't comment on the MP, haven't tried it yet, but MP was never something Crysis was really known for, although I did really enjoy Crysis Wars.

Some screenies to show off this ugly console game... :rolleyes:

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8471/statueoflibertyw.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2992/solarpanels.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6109/parkz.jpg
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7931/hive.jpg
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4928/citystreet.jpg
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1610/buildingcrash.jpg
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5552/bridgenr.jpg

So I was able to pick up this for $12 from a HotDeal thread. And I cannot for the life of me tell where the huge bitchfest about Crysis 2 is coming from. The game is gorgeous.

As for the AI, I have also had the AI be buggy in places where it appears they are trying to run from cover to attack, but are stuck and running in place. I've even had their backs turned to me and they run away from me in some places which seemed an odd behavior (they didn't then come back to attack me.)

TBH I feel the singleplayer is a HUGE improvement over the first Crysis. I found myself very drawn into the singleplayer, playing for something like 5 hours straight even. Can't comment on the MP, haven't tried it yet, but MP was never something Crysis was really known for, although I did really enjoy Crysis Wars.

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8471/statueoflibertyw.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2992/solarpanels.jpg
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6109/parkz.jpg
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7931/hive.jpg
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4928/citystreet.jpg
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1610/buildingcrash.jpg
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5552/bridgenr.jpg

No DX11 support?!?!?!!!!!11! OMG Crytek sux0r! Crysis 2 FA1L!!!11!

<sarcasm off/>

Crytek is the hate child for some PC Gamers for whatever reason.

Wierd, I don't remember any time the AI would be stuck in place running. When it came to sniping, if the gun wasn't silenced everyone would hear, if if was silenced then you could take someone down and the other AI wouldn't immediately notice, but they weren't oblivious either, they'd go over and investigate the body then be in alert mode from then on. I remember once in a level vs CELL there was a time that I took out some guys and no one really noticed. But it was only the once, and the aliens were generally quite aware. What difficulty did you play on? Coz I didn't really notice the problems you're talking about.

I forget. It was either soldier or veteran, probably soldier. Maybe setting the difficulty to the highest would solve the problems I saw?

While I think the A.I. ruins the game, I was also very impressed with the game, graphically. In fact, some scenes are downright amazing. Graphics certainly aren't the problem for me; it's the A.I.

While I think the A.I. ruins the game, I was also very impressed with the game, graphically. In fact, some scenes are downright amazing. Graphics certainly aren't the problem for me; it's the A.I.

I'm a few hours in and haven't had more than 2 instances where an NPC was glitched. The game's AI has been fine for me (2nd to highest difficulty). The first glitch was where a soldier was running to retreat from my fire and just ran into a truck for several seconds as I gunned it down, and another time an alien got caught under a low chain gate trying to reach me after I slid underneath it. Minor issues that hardly hurt the game much, I think.

(SNIP)

OH GOD, I can't bear to look! IT'S... IT'S... OH DEAR LORD, AHHHHHHHHH!!!! /runs in terror. /sarcasm :)

I'm a few hours in and haven't had more than 2 instances where an NPC was glitched. The game's AI has been fine for me (2nd to highest difficulty). The first glitch was where a soldier was running to retreat from my fire and just ran into a truck for several seconds as I gunned it down, and another time an alien got caught under a low chain gate trying to reach me after I slid underneath it. Minor issues that hardly "ruin the game" to have happen rarely.

Glad you're enjoying the game. As for me, I already beat the game and don't plan on replaying it because of the A.I. I'll go back to playing Crysis 1 and Warhead. ;)

Edit: Oh, and just to be clear, I'm not saying the A.I. is atrocious at every instance and scenario in the game. But it happens a little too much for my tastes and ruins the game for me. Graphically, though, I'm with the people who thinks this game looks good. I also can't understand why people think this game looks bad. I actually think it's one of the better looking pc games out there, despite the fact it's a console port.

Last edited:
It's too bad the console-ification dominates all the conversations. The suit controls and abilities are greatly improved. Also, the very intuitive and well done cover system is one of the best I've played with. No lean buttons to worry about and no system where you "lock on" to a wall or ledge to use as cover. You even lean out more or less as the mouse moves...this alone is a great addition I hope other FPSs put in and expand upon.

So I got Crossfire up and running on Monday and now I have the horrendous flickering problem. It isn't just flickering either, there are weird black blobs that shift and move over the screen and whenever I go to use the iron sights / scope in the whole screen goes black for a second first. Tried the 11.5a hotfix, not that it was for Crysis but it was supposed to fix flickering in other games. Now I have the flickering issue in Mass Effect 1 as well, when I didn't have it before. Ugh. Changing brightness settings doesn't work either. I'll be trying the RadeonPro force to Bioshock/FEAR profiles tonight, but what a clusterfuck that it even needs to come to that.

Back